Favourite Loyalist Songs

I have to admit im not as clued up on some of the Loyalist songs as others, i do like them but they are not as familar to me as Rangers songs like Follow Follow, Every Other Saturday, Blue Sea of Ibrox ect. Im assuming Derrys Walls is classed as a Loyalist song and TFS certainly sounds like it so id pick those as my favourites :

I am one of the bores who categorise ORANGE MUSIC sash, Derry's wall , dolly's brae, green grassy slopes etc LOYALIST MUSIC no 1 platoon loyal heart daddies uniform etc RANGERS MUSIC follow follow, billy boys blue sea etc Loyalists generally listen to all some Rangers fans just like Rangers Some Orangemen not many just like Orange Hope I have not complicated the issue to much oh and bleeding liberals listen to feck all incase it offends their selves

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am one of the bores who categorise ORANGE MUSIC sash, Derry's wall , dolly's brae, green grassy slopes etc LOYALIST MUSIC no 1 platoon loyal heart daddies uniform etc RANGERS MUSIC follow follow, billy boys blue sea etc Loyalists generally listen to all some Rangers fans just like Rangers Some Orangemen not many just like Orange Hope I have not complicated the issue to much oh and bleeding liberals listen to feck all incase it offends their selves

I generaly like most songs sung at games and on my Rangers tapes or what i find browsing YouTube, the OP mentions 4 Lads Had A Dream as a Loyalist song to me thats a purely Rangers song as its about the Founding Fathers but tbh if its sung by the bears its all good in my book :uk:

Not a 'loyalist' myself but really don't see why BP9 makes such a big deal of this as it's pretty clear that lots of Rangers fans are into this and it is somehow connected to the club. Just ignore these threads if all you're going to do is complain and whinge about it.

I think BP and myself 'moan' about it because, right or wrong, many of the songs previously mentioned are banned.

They are likely to get our club fined or worst still points deducted or banned from competition. I accept many bears have loyalist tendencies I just hope they keep it under wraps during rangers games that's all.

As much as I love TBB, i wouldn't say it's about the club itself. Follow follow and the blue sea of ibrox are more about the club.

I think BP and myself 'moan' about it because, right or wrong, many of the songs previously mentioned are banned.

They are likely to get our club fined or worst still points deducted or banned from competition. I accept many bears have loyalist tendencies I just hope they keep it under wraps during rangers games that's all.

They are though... :blink:

That's why they are posting it on an online forum dedicated to the subject. Nothing to do with 'singing it at the game'.

They are though... :blink:

That's why they are posting it on an online forum dedicated to the subject. Nothing to do with 'singing it at the game'.

I go most weeks Rino (unfortunately unable to grab a ticket today) and a lot of these songs do get sung. Both outside and in grounds. Mostly away from home to be fair.

I go most weeks Rino (unfortunately unable to grab a ticket today) and a lot of these songs do get sung. Both outside and in grounds. Mostly away from home to be fair.

If it bothers you that much take it up with people at the game. No point in doing it in a thread that's causing no bother.

What songs are banned bar the Famine Song?

Actually the OP never mentioned singing at football matches so NONE of the songs mentioned are banned.

OP asked "What is your favourite loyalist song?" but the handwringers make it about football matches or songs that they are 'banned' at football matches. Twisting a question to suit their own agendas.

Actually the OP never mentioned singing at football matches so NONE of the songs mentioned are banned.

OP asked "What is your favourite loyalist song?" but the handwringers make it about football matches or songs that they are 'banned' at football matches. Twisting a question to suit their own agendas.

You're correct, sir.

As for the opening post, Fourstep Volunteers is a fantastic song.

It just so happens that it was penned by a member of Vanguard Bears, who has written several others.

As we stand today, neath skies so grey,

feel the wind all around blow cold.

To remember those, we hold close,

for their story is seldom told.

Brave young men, who gave their all,

and stood firm throughout the years.

Brave young men, one and all,

the Fourstep Volunteers.

These men they do their duty,

with courage in their heart.

No compromise shown to the foe,

who've torn this land apart.