Ewan Chester

Brown went to watch Osasuna on Smith's behalf because we drew them in the UEFA Cup and he recommended Cuellar to Smith when he came back.

Funnily enough Osasuna beat Bordeaux to get into the round of 16 before they played us and we alao signed Darcheville from Bordeaux that Summer as well.

I woud love to know what players Chester was responsible for because during his time here we had many duds brought to the club who we had to pay off. I always thought Walter and Bomber were responsible for Cuellar, we played against him, Walter liked him and sent Bomber to watch him?

I was under the impression that most of our signings in Walters first term were well known players and players represented by couple of Italian agents and Willie McKay who had regular access to the club and Chester reviewed videos. I do not remember unknown gems being unearthed by scouting in either of the times Chester was with us..

Even in Eck's time it was McKay who seemed to be our main "scout".