Ally McCoist wants Rangers to scout for success

Bothwellbear

People saying that DU scouting network wouldn't be good enough for us :lol: at least they have one and if they came here they instantly have a bigger range and budget and would be looking at better players, but we need an overhaul of the youth set up for it all to be a success

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly the point. A well functioning team from United, with significantly better resources (Ally his obviously depends on us getting some competency and stability at board level and around the club), would theoretically do even better than the very good job they currently do at United, and that would be ideal for us. The comparison in 'who's sold more guys to the premiership is irrelevant. We had guys move to premiership clubs because in the main, we paid vast (relatively) fees for them in the first place

Not convinced we had a particularly good setup before, I think we prospered because of the obvious lure for young Scottish players to play at Rangers. The current crop at United are exactly what our fanbase was screaming for when we went down to the bottom. Real talented young players. And that's after moving on Scott Allan and Johnny Russell recently.

My point is if DU were so good them they would be more successful than they are - St Mirren, Hamilton and Hibs have all been lauded for there youth set ups in the past - but we IMHO can do better than all of them

Exactly the point. A well functioning team from United, with significantly better resources (Ally his obviously depends on us getting some competency and stability at board level and around the club), would theoretically do even better than the very good job they currently do at United, and that would be ideal for us. The comparison in 'who's sold more guys to the premiership is irrelevant. We had guys move to premiership clubs because in the main, we paid vast (relatively) fees for them in the first place

Not convinced we had a particularly good setup before, I think we prospered because of the obvious lure for young Scottish players to play at Rangers. The current crop at United are exactly what our fanbase was screaming for when we went down to the bottom. Real talented young players. And that's after moving on Scott Allan and Johnny Russell recently.

My point is if DU were so good them they would be more successful than they are - St Mirren, Hamilton and Hibs have all been lauded for there youth set ups in the past - but we IMHO can do better than all of them

They have to sell and usually the players go for buttons because we or the filth pinch them and recently English championship clubs take them on the cheap because of the state of our game.

We unlike Hibs, Hamilton or United and are a huge draw and were winning championships and competing in Europe every year so players wouldn't really want to leave and it would take big money if they were to go.

They have to sell and usually the players go for buttons because we or the filth pinch them and recently English championship clubs take them on the cheap because of the state of our game.

We unlike Hibs, Hamilton or United and are a huge draw and were winning championships and competing in Europe every year so players wouldn't really want to leave and it would take big money if they were to go.

I agree with both those points - that's why I want a strong Scottish league both quality and financially

I agree with both those points - that's why I want a strong Scottish league both quality and financially

Don't think that will ever happen.

The European seedings are going down each time a Motherwell or St Johnston get dumped out while we are gone and when we are back it will just go back to ourselves and Celt*c battling it out for Europe and silverware while the rest feed on the scraps.

Scottish football looks to be getting weaker each season with the lack of funding and sponsorship (and us not being in the top league), by the time we are back the state of the game will be worse than it is today.

Don't think that will ever happen.

The European seedings are going down each time a Motherwell or St Johnston get dumped out while we are gone and when we are back it will just go back to ourselves and Celt*c battling it out for Europe and silverware while the rest feed on the scraps.

Scottish football looks to be getting weaker each season with the lack of funding and sponsorship (and us not being in the top league), by the time we are back the state of the game will be worse than it is today.

I also agree it's unlikely to happen - I started in this thread saying the other teams are getting weaker but a stronger 'game' is what I would like but I don't know how we can make that happen