The goalposts have gone

trueblue68

Alot of aspects of that video make you wonder about how quickly we can get back to winning the top league again.

We went from being a mid table team to winning the league. Of course it could be done even with us just having been promoted in the future. It would take investment and players of course. We were ridiculed by our opponents then for thinking we could at the start of that season. Positive Loyal.

We went from being a mid table team to winning the league. Of course it could be done even with us just having been promoted in the future. It would take investment and players of course. We were ridiculed by our opponents then for thinking we could at the start of that season. Positive Loyal.

I think many, many people on here - including myself - tend to underestimate the investment that will be needed once Rangers are back in the top flight. In no way does that mean we shouldn't try and breed through players like MacLeod, Aird, Crawford and arguably Gasparotto, but in order for Rangers to make a real challenge in the first year we need to sign good, good players.

That isn't to say that the standard of the Premiership is so high; its more a case that 3 years without any challenge on the European riches will have given those bastards across the river a huge advantage. They won't spend any real money until we're back because they know that's when they'll need it most.

Scottish Football was a much better and competitive place back in 1986, Rangers strengthened incredibly well but teams like that lot, Aberdeen, Hearts and Dundee Utd could all beat each other and 5 clubs went into that season thinking they could win the league, that made it slightly easier for us as we knew if wr looked after ourselves then every other team would cut each others throats, that wont happen in the Premiership in 2015

We'll have to do two things, we'll have to beat them during the course of the League season and match their consistancy

I think many, many people on here - including myself - tend to underestimate the investment that will be needed once Rangers are back in the top flight. In no way does that mean we shouldn't try and breed through players like MacLeod, Aird, Crawford and arguably Gasparotto, but in order for Rangers to make a real challenge in the first year we need to sign good, good players.

That isn't to say that the standard of the Premiership is so high; its more a case that 3 years without any challenge on the European riches will have given those bastards across the river a huge advantage. They won't spend any real money until we're back because they know that's when they'll need it most.

That's how I see it. They know they will never get any further in Europe than they did last season, they can't get the players to take them there. But they can bring in enough quality to make it difficult for us to catch up at domestic level.

I only hope we have the funds to strengthen and the right people in place to do it wisely.

I Will never forget this day, went up without a ticket, got past the police checkpoint in the lane up to the turnstiles, jumped the turnstile when a copper grabbed my leg, managed to wriggle free, squeezed into seats, then at the final whistle my brother in law and i got David Holmes up on our shoulders and walked around the pitch with him shouting " ok lads let me down now please" What a journey home :7325:

G

Love or loathe Archie?

You got to love his interviews and post match comments, no negatives about the supporters on pitch or sourness sending off. Just positives a out the rangers revival, and what a momentous occasion that day was.

Ps

I started attending games in 79 so this was the first time at a championship winning game. What a day.

That isn't to say that the standard of the Premiership is so high; its more a case that 3 years without any challenge on the European riches will have given those bastards across the river a huge advantage. They won't spend any real money until we're back because they know that's when they'll need it most

It's hard to say but the current scum team aren't as good as that sheep team, nor indeed the Dundee Hibs or the scum team of that era.

I don't think the gap is that big, but money could be an issue.