Chief Scout

nvager

We have a chief exec in place with top end epl football business experience. Not a rangers man but hopefully as 1st put it, the right man. Had never heard of him, but i reckon he' s cream of the crop stuff.

I want better than an ict or Dundee hivs scout, I want someone of this calibre from the scouting world.

As a chief scout fair enough you want someone with connections from all over, but there's nothing wrong with having people from the likes of ICT or dundee united as part of the scouting team who know and can find players in our own back yard and the rest of the uk.

I want better than an ict or Dundee hivs scout, I want someone of this calibre from the scouting world.

When you look at the players that ICT and Dundee Hibs have got for fuck all and then had them go onto become quality players you can see that they have an excellent scouting team.

And besides, even great scouts have to start somewhere. To refuse to sign a scout because they're not at a big team is ridiculous.

Any of them playing at a decent level in the EPL?

Maybe not but the EPL near have the pick of the stall from world football so its a bit of an unfair comparison.

As many above have said the Stevie Smith and Foster signings were totally wrong when the young QP fullback could have been snapped up ( he was a standout at Hampden) v us, Dundee Utd took him on and will reap the dividends in the future, say he plays there for three seasons ,they will have had a quality player for free and selling for decent money having no doubt snapped up another kid ready to fill his boots, its not luck to have a side half full of top quality young players holding their own in our countries top division.

Maybe not but the EPL near have the pick of the stall from world football so its a bit of an unfair comparison.

As many above have said the Stevie Smith and Foster signings were totally wrong when the young QP fullback could have been snapped up ( he was a standout at Hampden) v us, Dundee Utd took him on and will reap the dividends in the future, say he plays there for three seasons ,they will have had a quality player for free and selling for decent money having no doubt snapped up another kid ready to fill his boots, its not luck to have a side half full of top quality young players holding their own in our countries top division.

I know it sounds daft but by going to D/Utd he will get a better chance to develop than with us

When a player at Rangers makes a mistake the spotlight of fans and press is so much greater and I think that's the reason successive Rangers managers have failed to blood young players as their confidence can be destroyed by one bad game

If the same thing happens at Tannadice very few people notice and the player invariably gets another chance the following week

The expectations at Ibrox are so much higher I'm afraid and these young players at places like Tannadice and ICT rarely attain a better level than the English lower leagues.

I think we as a club missed two excellent opportunities to change the ethos I've mentioned above

The first was Le Guen and the second was when we were punted to the bottom division

In that respect both Walter & Ally have a lot to answer for

As a chief scout fair enough you want someone with connections from all over, but there's nothing wrong with having people from the likes of ICT or dundee united as part of the scouting team who know and can find players in our own back yard and the rest of the uk.

We should have a scouting network in scotland capable of bringing the best scottish youth to our club. But the head honcho should be capable of identifying talent worldwide. As del boy says, the world is our lobster. No jobs for the boys, or limiting our scope to the best in the scottish game for me. Aim high.

I think we as a club missed two excellent opportunities to change the ethos I've mentioned above

The first was Le Guen and the second was when we were punted to the bottom division

In that respect both Walter & Ally have a lot to answer for

Spot on.

Our club had the perfect opportunity to make a change and set an example in the way clubs are run in general, by tightening the belt and focusing on youth and player development.

We had a blank canvas at the start of last season and what have we done...... ?

Shameful in my opinion