if ally wasn't the rangers manager...

bettyblue

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think you're wrong. Restoring us pride of place in scotland and back into europe would be outstanding on a cv.The chance to mould a side, manage a team with 2nd highest salary in scotland, and be in at the start of developing a scouting network.Huge draw.Theres also plenty very decent but enemployed managers currently earning £0.

Nah, you're referring to the Rangers of yesteryear. Our future in Scottish football is bleak at best. We'll be on a low budget for a good few years, reducing any chance of bringing in quality players to compete with the tarriers, never mind Europe, if/when we win the league again we'll be facing 3 qualifiers just to get to the group stage of the champions league, on top of all that you'll have 50+ thousand on your back every second week at Ibrox because they'll be desperate to keep up with the tims.

In all honesty it's downhill from here, even when we get back to the top.

Nah, you're referring to the Rangers of yesteryear. Our future in Scottish football is bleak at best. We'll be on a low budget for a good few years, reducing any chance of bringing in quality players to compete with the tarriers, never mind Europe, if/when we win the league again we'll be facing 3 qualifiers just to get to the group stage of the champions league, on top of all that you'll have 50+ thousand on your back every second week at Ibrox because they'll be desperate to keep up with the tims.

In all honesty it's downhill from here, even when we get back to the top.

You sound more on a downer than being realist, and i say that as a glass half empty guy.We could go round in circles. Im confident the new board will synergize, and get more for less across all areas.And in doing so encourage the necessary investment from the likes of DK.Goodtimes will return.

You sound more on a downer than being realist, and i say that as a glass half empty guy.We could go round in circles. Im confident the new board will synergize, and get more for less across all areas.And in doing so encourage the necessary investment from the likes of DK.Goodtimes will return.

I wish I had your optimism but I just can't share it. In fact I'd say you're living in a dream world. It had got pretty dire for us pre-Admin/Newco never mind the aftermath of all that, climbing through Scotland's lower leagues and trying to revive ourselves as Scotlands top club.

If Ally quit or was sacked tomorrow we would be looking at bringing someone like Stuart McCall, Terry Butcher or Derek McInnes.

If we were back in the top division and playing in Europe then I would be looking at someone like Nigel Adkins or Steve Clarke. I wouldn't mind going down the foreign manager route again provided he had an assistant who understood the Scottish game.