if ally wasn't the rangers manager...

bettyblue

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't for the life of me see any benefit of looking for our next manager while we have one.

:7325:

'

It's forward thinking, how much better prepared for SPL football would we be with a good manager playing good football and making the right signings? McCoist had an excuse last year in that he had a limited time period to put together a team but this summer he brings in Smith and Foster (amongst other good signings.) the biggest failing he has though is that he picks his formation and his best 11 as if there need be no connection between them. I crave a manager with the foresight to see that if your formation involves a left mid, a right mid and to CM's you maybe shouldn't fill all 4 positions with central midfielders, and if everyone accepts that he's not actually beyond criticism (as he seems to be) playing McCulloch at CB is an absolute joke, he's an awful defender but because of McCoist's aforementioned inability to connect players to formation he needs to find a way of having McCulloch and Daly in the same team. A centre back pairing of Faure and Mohsni would be far better than what we're playing with basically shoehorning an attacking player in at CB and one that fits our few natural CB's at right back.

It's forward thinking, how much better prepared for SPL football would we be with a good manager playing good football and making the right signings? McCoist had an excuse last year in that he had a limited time period to put together a team but this summer he brings in Smith and Foster (amongst other good signings.) the biggest failing he has though is that he picks his formation and his best 11 as if there need be no connection between them. I crave a manager with the foresight to see that if your formation involves a left mid, a right mid and to CM's you maybe shouldn't fill all 4 positions with central midfielders, and if everyone accepts that he's not actually beyond criticism (as he seems to be) playing McCulloch at CB is an absolute joke, he's an awful defender but because of McCoist's aforementioned inability to connect players to formation he needs to find a way of having McCulloch and Daly in the same team. A centre back pairing of Faure and Mohsni would be far better than what we're playing with basically shoehorning an attacking player in at CB and one that fits our few natural CB's at right back.

So, you are ok with last year, and your issues with him are purely based on this season... harsh.

So, you are ok with last year, and your issues with him are purely based on this season... harsh.

I think a lot of his critisism has merit to be fair, players out of position and lumping the ball forward is not a style that will win us the top title now is it?

I think a lot of his critisism has merit to be fair, players out of position and lumping the ball forward is not a style that will win us the top title now is it?

I'll be honest, I was really just accusing the previous guy of lying.

To answer your point, I don't necessarily agree, we have won the top title playing like that many times.

I'll be honest, I was really just accusing the previous guy of lying.

To answer your point, I don't necessarily agree, we have won the top title playing like that many times.

Yes with better players like Naismith, Jelavic, Miller, Boyd, Thomson, Mendes, Boogie ect.

You try those things with Templeton, Daly, Clarke, Black, Law ect and I would place my money on them not finishing the season with the title medals.

Yes with better players like Naismith, Jelavic, Miller, Boyd, Thomson, Mendes, Boogie ect.

You try those things with Templeton, Daly, Clarke, Black, Law ect and I would place my money on them not finishing the season with the title medals.

Try anything you want with the current squad they aren't going to win the top league.

We do seem to have some on here who genuinely think that our team of free transfers plus Templeton (and the few who stayed) should be expected to do that.

Try anything you want with the current squad they aren't going to win the top league.

We do seem to have some on here who genuinely think that our team of free transfers plus Templeton (and the few who stayed) should be expected to do that.

I never said they were, however they should be performing much better than they have done for the past season and a half.

As it stands we have a squad filled with SPL standard players and others who have international and European expierenct. It's not a team filled with part time or low league players.

So with a defeat away to Forfar and a home draw against Stranraer we have the worst manager on the planet, auch away and gies peace, granted sometimes its not pretty and down right depressing at times but the least our manager deserves is a small amount of loyalty, the best victories are when the whole lot comes together and pushes on beyond the negativity, if we dont win the double and not get by dunfermline in the cup, then i will gladly join in with the bashing he gets but i cant take part in it today, Cos I DON'T believe its right IMHO

I never said they were, however they should be performing much better than they have done for the past season and a half.

As it stands we have a squad filled with SPL standard players and others who have international and European expierenct. It's not a team filled with part time or low league players.

I would (and did) write off most of last season, the squad was assembled in a ridiculous rush and clearly was all over the shop.

This season's squad is more than good enough to keep us going, and with players who could be part of a better squad, but the requirement to inject proper quality to allow us to challenge is something that I think a lot of people have truly underestimated.

So with a defeat away to Forfar and a home draw against Stranraer we have the worst manager on the planet, auch away and gies peace, granted sometimes its not pretty and down right depressing at times but the least our manager deserves is a small amount of loyalty, the best victories are when the whole lot comes together and pushes on beyond the negativity, if we dont win the double and not get by dunfermline in the cup, then i will gladly join in with the bashing he gets but i cant take part in it today, Cos I DON'T believe its right IMHO

Sadly won't happen under McCoist. Good players regress in terms of ability and development. We will forever be rebuilding every year with him charge until someone has the baws to put a stop to it.

No, not ok with last year, but McCoist did have the excuse that he didn't have much time to put his team together and limited time to assess players, hence we ended up with "the Greek" who looked crap even against third division opposition, but even last season there was no excuse for how some players performed, guys like Sheils and Black seemed to deteriorate vastly and the signs that McCoist had no plan B were there throughout the season. I expected improvement this year, McCoist had the opportunity to bring in the right players nd he got it right with Law and Daly but Smith and Foster is a joke and Peralta sums things up, signing a player in a position we have more than covered and then playing him out of position (where he is pish) rather than play the players that can play there.

If you want to discuss lying, maybe talk about people outright lying, or lying to themselves, that they are happy with McCoist tactically, happy with his signings and the logic behind each one, think he is going to be the man who will bring top flight succcess to Rangers and ultimately the biggest lie is people pretending that if his name wasn't Ally McCoist they'd still be defending all his deficiences. The warning signs are there and the winning streak against part time players is simply papering over the cracks that we have a manager who is not qualified to manage Rangers at the top level. We're paying Ally the wages of an expeienced, top flight manager on the basis that he scored lots of goals as a player, and with the budget he has we're ensuring he cannot fail at this level but that won't last in the top league.

Of course we shall be forever rebuilding, thats what happens in football, especially at our club, title winning teams dont get left to continue the next and the year after that, If you think that Ally sees this squad staying together all the way to the top then I think your mistaken, my point is quite easy, I am going to continue supporting him at present because IMO he deserves that from me, i am not on to change peoples opinion, I am only stating mine :thumbup:

To those now crying for better quality play, how many of you were noisily calling for Le Guen's head and celebrating the return of Smith and his antithesis of Total Football?

Knowing what went on then, why would any person who cherished their sanity take the radical steps needed to build from the bottom up?

Given who his mentor was/is, there was little chance of McCoist ever being that man, yet he had close to unanimous backing post-administration. Why didn't all the experts scream it from the rooftops back then?

No, not ok with last year, but McCoist did have the excuse that he didn't have much time to put his team together and limited time to assess players, hence we ended up with "the Greek" who looked crap even against third division opposition, but even last season there was no excuse for how some players performed, guys like Sheils and Black seemed to deteriorate vastly and the signs that McCoist had no plan B were there throughout the season. I expected improvement this year, McCoist had the opportunity to bring in the right players nd he got it right with Law and Daly but Smith and Foster is a joke and Peralta sums things up, signing a player in a position we have more than covered and then playing him out of position (where he is pish) rather than play the players that can play there.

If you want to discuss lying, maybe talk about people outright lying, or lying to themselves, that they are happy with McCoist tactically, happy with his signings and the logic behind each one, think he is going to be the man who will bring top flight succcess to Rangers and ultimately the biggest lie is people pretending that if his name wasn't Ally McCoist they'd still be defending all his deficiences. The warning signs are there and the winning streak against part time players is simply papering over the cracks that we have a manager who is not qualified to manage Rangers at the top level. We're paying Ally the wages of an expeienced, top flight manager on the basis that he scored lots of goals as a player, and with the budget he has we're ensuring he cannot fail at this level but that won't last in the top league.

So, have you seen improvement this season then?

See tbh I don't think it's as mental as it sounds on the face of it

No, if we could get past the following:

Sign a player manager - at 38?

I definitely think money would come into it, and think about the money he'd take.

Interest amongst bears would certainly be created, but my interest would be centred around finding out what the fuck was going on.

Although I would be happy to change my mind on it if someone could tell me why it would be a good idea (in the real world)

Even just manager rather than player manager

Don't think it would happen but I don't think it's as out of this world either tbh

I think there are much better candidates out there

Although you are right, it's not out of this world. After everything that's happened in the past two years, I think anything can happen