Was today what the players needed?

BraveheartGordon

The players have looked increasingly lackadaisical in recent weeks with shades of over confidence setting in,was today the kick up the backside this group of players needed?

We're going to Dunfermline on Monday night,a lazy performance could easily have resulted in a terrible defeat,over the years a trademark of ours has been that we're at our best after a bad result.

After today the Dunfermline fans will think we're gonna be pushed aside like a few other sides have made the same mistake in the past (Celtic 2011 League Cup final springs to mind).

I think we will be fired up, and get a better result now against Dunfermline than we would have if Longworth had put it over the bar and it finished 1-0.

Anyone agree?

I'm pretty sure that a few of them will have had their arses booted, but what we really need is a Plan B. When Plan A is not working we don't appear to be able to change anything. If Ally brings on 2 subs, then he should be doing that to change things, like our shape, or to get more crosses into the box, tighten up the defence, throw another attacker on to change formation, or to react to something the opposition has done that has turned the game in their favour. We don't seem to be able to do that very much IMO,

If we need to drop points in order for our players to get motivated then things are worse than I thought.

40000 fans turning up at Ibrox on Boxing Day should be enough to motivate the players..

I think the problem is that some players know that they're guaranteed to start no matter how badly they're playing.

Was the last 4 results before today's game. Are you just makeing up shite for the sake of it?

No just watching our perfomaces,I thought we were dreadful against Ayr,Airdrie and Arbroath.

Just didn't show the same level of movement and workrate,perhaps the Forfar game aside.

It's more than a few players having a bad day for me. First half was chronic. Ally no doubt thought he could turn it around with his half time team talk. They have worked before. On that occasion more was required. Ally let us down imo. They bullied our midfield and he failed to react in time. I have the upmost respect for super, but he failed to react on that occasion.