You don't have to make it up.

bawsburst

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

McAusland and Mitchell.

McAusland spent the entire of last season on-loan at Ayr and did reasonably well. He did pretty well in the four or so games he played for us earlier in the season. Andy Mitchell is a more than able squad player at our current level. I'd much rather we had an emphasis on our own younger players.

There is absolutely no point signing players for the sake of it- that's partially how we got in this mess in the first place. Emilson Cribari has played over 100 games in Serie A and played in the Champions League... Peralta is going to the World Cup, he's struggled to find his feet.

Also a bit concerning that we're linked with a player that nobody (not even Muff) will have heard of and we don't have a scouting network. Seems like Ally is getting calls from desperate agents...

We wouldn't be signing him for the sake of it, we would be signing him because he would improve the squad ( in theory)

I am not sure an agent would be desperate less than halfway through january and with their player not being out of contract until the summer.

Just playing devils advocate mate, I have no idea if this guy is good or not, but I won't automatically dismiss signings that are only 28 and have both international and CL experience.

If true then I can't and won't judge anyone until I've seen them play a few games. It's only fair.

However, my gut feeling tells me he's not needed and will be another waste of money.

Don't you think we are seriously lacking on the right hand side, there is no real quality there IMO.

I think we have struggled to make much of an impact on the right hand side of the field this season, we are no where near as effective on the right as we are on the left.

pl. Date Home team Visiting team Result Pos

1 02.09.13 APOEL Nikosia En. Paralimni 3:0 Not in the club's lineup.

2 14.09.13 AEL Limassol APOEL Nikosia 2:1 Not in the club's lineup.

3 23.09.13 APOEL Nikosia AEK Larnaca 1:1 Not in the club's lineup.

4 28.09.13 Nea Salamina APOEL Nikosia 0:1 On the bench

5 07.10.13 APOEL Nikosia Aris Limassol 1:0 On the bench

6 19.10.13 Ermis Aradippou APOEL Nikosia 2:0 On the bench

7 28.10.13 APOEL Nikosia Anor. Famagusta 1:0 On the bench

8 02.11.13 Apol. Limassol APOEL Nikosia 2:0 On the bench

9 11.11.13 APOEL Nikosia Alki Larnaca 3:0 ? 73 18

10 23.11.13 D. Katokopias APOEL Nikosia 1:1 On the bench

11 02.12.13 APOEL Nikosia AEK Kouklia 5:0 On the bench

12 07.12.13 Ethnikos APOEL Nikosia 0:2 On the bench

13 16.12.13 APOEL Nikosia Omonia Nikosia 2:0 On the bench

14 22.12.13 En. Paralimni APOEL Nikosia 0:3 Not in the club's lineup.

15 04.01.14 APOEL Nikosia AEL Limassol 2:2 On the bench

Don't you think we are seriously lacking on the right hand side, there is no real quality there IMO.

I think we have struggled to make much of an impact on the right hand side of the field this season, we are no where near as effective on the right as we are on the left.

When tactics consist of apollo launchers you don't need effective width/wingers, which appears to be Ally's bag....toe it up the sky and up the park.

Looks like he might have fell out of favour at his current club, maybe the reason he wants a move.

This will probably all amount to nothing again, but it's nice to be debating signings again :lol:

Yes I do think think we have a lack of quality at right back. Absolutely.

Foster is pish

Faure is pish

McAusland might be OK if given a proper chance, but doubt he will be and as usual Rangers fans have him down as the best right back in Scotland when he's unproven

Hegarty is pish

Mitchell looks every bit an Annan player

Peralta is pish

My gripe is for just now (next 18 months) we don't need any luxury additions such as this guy. Again it's only my gut feeling but it tells me that even when we get back to the top flight he will still be quite a bit short in terms of the quality we need. So what's the point really?

Again it's only my gut feeling but he strikes me as the type of player like a Argyiou who comes with a semi-decent pedigree or Peralta who pulls the wool over our eyes because he's right back for a diddy country, but isn't all that good and we probably spend 200k paying him off - after paying around 300k paying Foster and Hegarty and Mitchell off.

I appreciate McCoist is probably due a good signing, in fact no probablies about it - but I'd be amazed if this guy was a break in tradition and the gem we've been clamming for.

Looks like he might have fell out of favour at his current club, maybe the reason he wants a move.

This will probably all amount to nothing again, but it's nice to be debating signings again :lol:

He's played 4 times this season apparently and 3 times in the Europa and once in the league

When tactics consist of apollo launchers you don't need effective width/wingers, which appears to be Ally's bag....toe it up the sky and up the park.

I liked you better when every one of your posts were in the boardroom section :lol:

Yes I do think think we have a lack of quality at right back. Absolutely.

Foster is pish

Faure is pish

McAusland might be OK if given a proper chance, but doubt he will be and as usual Rangers fans have him down as the best right back in Scotland when he's unproven

Hegarty is pish

Mitchell looks every bit an Annan player

My gripe is for just now (next 18 months) we don't need any luxury additions such as this guy. Again it's only my gut feeling but it tells me that even when we get back to the top flight he will still be quite a bit short in terms of the quality we need. So what's the point really?

Again it's only my gut feeling but he strikes me as the type of player like a Argyiou who comes with a semi-decent pedigree but isn't all that good and we probably spend 200k paying him off - after paying around 300k paying Foster and Hegarty and Mitchell off.

I appreciate McCoist is probably due a good signing, in fact no probablies about it - but I'd be amazed if this guy was a break in tradition and the gem we've been clamming for.

Fair enough mate, can't really argue with that except to say that this guy might well be more than capable of playing well int he top flight, and when we get there, would still have a good 3-5 years left in him as a player at the top level.

It would depend on a load of factors TBH, getting rid of some of the guys in your list, making sure his wage demands fell within budget etc.

Fair enough mate, can't really argue with that except to say that this guy might well be more than capable of playing well int he top flight, and when we get there, would still have a good 3-5 years left in him as a player at the top level.

It would depend on a load of factors TBH, getting rid of some of the guys in your list, making sure his wage demands fell within budget etc.

If we can get rid of the likes of Foster, Hegarty, Mitchell without paying them off and get this guy on a free transfer with low wages then fair enough a gamble worth risking - but IMO it's a lot of factors having to go in our favour .... personally I'd avoid.

Doesn't fill you with joy.