Imran V Rangers

North Rd

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone grudges Green and Ahmed making a profit on "saving" us. What we grudge is that IPO money and season ticket revenue has gone with every fucker in their consortium taking a huge cute. To add insult to injury, as we try to build and recover from their financial clusterfuck, they too have resorted to trying to rape the Club.

What is the point of that? How can you justify a 5% commission on all contracts he can claim a role in? How can he justify taking another pound of flesh? How can Charles justify it?

Are they wanting to do the whole thing again? Will there be another claim from them here and there over the next few years?

Are we not allowed to move forward at some point?

As it stands, Green and Ahmed are risking their good work and harming the Club. Much like Whyte still is with his spurious litigation.

I thinks he trying to say Imran will only be due that sum if/when Rangers make the projected figures

I obviously lack the slightest wisdom.

Can you share with us why we should hope that someone is successful in winning the case against us ?

It is hardly rocket science, if Imran is successful in his claim for a bonus he will have negotiated the pro-rata financial deals to justify his bonus, money into the club, simples. (tu)

It is hardly rocket science, if Imran is successful in his claim for a bonus he will have negotiated the pro-rata financial deals to justify his bonus, money into the club, simples. (tu)

Except that his case appears to be based upon the fact that Green guaranteed him a minimum of £500,000 no matter how much or how little he brought in!

Which part is hardly rocket science ? The "5% of all deals" or the "MINIMUM OF £500k" doh

No-one else stepped up with an acceptable offer, no amount of propaganda changes that.

Walter Smith came in with an offer which was worth basically the same as Green's, only the administrators were too far along with Greens offer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18503656

To suggest that it was Green or nothing is just a bit silly, the administrators were not gonna just jack it in had green walked. They would have just moved onto the next best offer.

No propaganda needed.

Just because Greens offer was the best, doesnt mean it was the only one. Its easy to beat everyone else's offer if you dont have to worry about getting the club on an even footing and know that your gonna make back you initial outlay by ripping out a hell of a lot more cash than you put in.

Saviour I dont think so. More like Cathy Bates from Misery is our chuckles.

Walter Smith came in with an offer which was worth basically the same as Green's, only the administrators were too far along with Greens offer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18503656

To suggest that it was Green or nothing is just a bit silly, the administrators were not gonna just jack it in had green walked. They would have just moved onto the next best offer.

No propaganda needed.

Just because Greens offer was the best, doesnt mean it was the only one. Its easy to beat everyone else's offer if you dont have to worry about getting the club on an even footing and know that your gonna make back you initial outlay by ripping out a hell of a lot more cash than you put in.

Saviour I dont think so. More like Cathy Bates from Misery is our chuckles.

Yeah bidding after the club had already been sold was really fantastic, or maybe just yet more false hype from the likes of McColl.

It's just false to claim that we'd simply have been bought by someone else, nobody can know that. The Blue Knights bid was ludicrous, there was one credible offer so yes, Green's group did save the club. And he got a reward for it as he always said he would.

He really didn't do much wrong and expensive investigations cleared him of involvement with Whyte etc but propaganda is a wonderful thing.

Yeah bidding after the club had already been sold was really fantastic, or maybe just yet more false hype from the likes of McColl.

It's just false to claim that we'd simply have been bought by someone else, nobody can know that. The Blue Knights bid was ludicrous, there was one credible offer so yes, Green's group did save the club. And he got a reward for it as he always said he would.

He really didn't do much wrong and expensive investigations cleared him of involvement with Whyte etc but propaganda is a wonderful thing.

We have been over this so many times before. The idea that the club would have died if Green's consortium had not submitted a bid is just ludicrous. Smith & McColl actually offered more for the assets of the liquidated company but D&P claimed already to have a binding agreement to sell the assets to Green. BDO have still to report back on the rights and wrongs of this.

Which part is hardly rocket science ? The "5% of all deals" or the "MINIMUM OF £500k"

Whichever part you like, unless of course you think Charlie was giving away 500k out of the goodness of his Yorkshire heart a sort of free lunch, only as we know there is no such thing..........let's hope the bonus is a % of successful negotiations whatever they are/were no matter whose nose it puts out of joint. (tu)

Apparently you have already clarified Charlie's witness statement if indeed he appears, who needs fancy dan QC's.

Mr McBrearty said that while Mr Ahmad's solicitors have spoken to Mr Green they would want a meeting with him to clarify his witness statement.

We have been over this so many times before. The idea that the club would have died if Green's consortium had not submitted a bid is just ludicrous. Smith & McColl actually offered more for the assets of the liquidated company but D&P claimed already to have a binding agreement to sell the assets to Green. BDO have still to report back on the rights and wrongs of this.

When did they make the offer ?

And why did they not make an unconditional offer before or at the same time as Green ?

Yeah bidding after the club had already been sold [1] was really fantastic, or maybe just yet more false hype from the likes of McColl.

It's just false to claim that we'd simply have been bought by someone else, nobody can know that[2]. The Blue Knights bid was ludicrous, there was one credible offer so yes, Green's group did save the club[3]. And he got a reward for it as he always said he would.

[1] How do you know the bid was ludicrous? Are you saying that Walter Smith was lying when he said :-

"I would like to clarify the background to the offer of £6m for the assets of the club which I announced on Thursday," read a statement from Smith.

"The offer was made to the administrators before the Charles Green consortium had concluded their transaction to acquire the assets.

"We felt it necessary to have a fall-back position to secure the club's future. We have since made the same offer of £6m to the Green consortium through Zeus Capital.

[2] You say that it is impossible to know if someone else's bid would be accepted or rejected.

[3] You state categorically that Green saved the club from certain demise, even though this totally contradicts point 2 where you state it is impossible to know if Smiths bid which he says was equal would have been accepted.

Whichever part you like, unless of course you think Charlie was giving away 500k out of the goodness of his Yorkshire heart a sort of free lunch, only as we know there is no such thing..........let's hope the bonus is a % of successful negotiations whatever they are/were no matter whose nose it puts out of joint. (tu)

Mr McBrearty said that while Mr Ahmad's solicitors have spoken to Mr Green they would want a meeting with him to clarify his witness statement.

So what was Allys "continued salary" and penny shares ? Were they not a free lunch ?

What about Brians £200k bonus that he got paid for winning an Amateur League, despite you saying he didnt ? Was that not a free lunch ?

And Charlies bonus for winning the league as well ? Another free lunch ?

When did they make the offer ?

And why did they not make an unconditional offer before or at the same time as Green ?

As far as I am aware, they made the offer on the very day the CVA failed and the OldCo could not be saved.

I would imagine that they didnt have an offer in at the same time due to them not having the funds available at that point in time, but who knows.

[1] How do you know the bid was ludicrous? Are you saying that Walter Smith was lying when he said :-

"I would like to clarify the background to the offer of £6m for the assets of the club which I announced on Thursday," read a statement from Smith.

"The offer was made to the administrators before the Charles Green consortium had concluded their transaction to acquire the assets.

"We felt it necessary to have a fall-back position to secure the club's future. We have since made the same offer of £6m to the Green consortium through Zeus Capital.

[2] You say that it is impossible to know if someone else's bid would be accepted or rejected.

[3] You state categorically that Green saved the club from certain demise, even though this totally contradicts point 2 where you state it is impossible to know if Smiths bid which he says was equal would have been accepted.

Green's group agreed to buy the club in May whether via CVA or by new company route, bidding was no longer open.

I state that because we needed a buyer and we got one while others refused to consider a new company route, offered a pittance or pulled out, it wasn't a race where we were spoilt for choice. You dispute it simply because of your hatred for the man.

Walter was made to look like a fool unfortunately.

Because their bid wasnt accepted?

His statement at the time was :-

"However, our overriding objective is to ensure that the stadium, the history and everything else magical about Rangers Football Club is protected and nurtured back to good health and provide a platform for Rangers for generations to come. Let's be clear, this is an acquisition designed to stabilise the club and ensure history does not repeat itself."

I dont know if he could have done much better than Green, but certainly, there was merits in his warning about 'history repeating itself'.

Green's group agreed to buy the club in May whether via CVA or by new company route, bidding was no longer open.

I state that because we needed a buyer and we got one while others refused to consider a new company route or pulled out, it wasn't a race where we were spoilt for choice. You dispute it simply because of your hatred for the man.

So you state the deal was done and dusted in May, even though the CVA hearing was not until June.

If this was the case, surely you understand that had Green pulled out of the deal, then other parties would have been in a better position to make an offer? Afterall, nothing would have been finalised.

How then can you possibly say with any certainty that Green saved Rangers? It is impossible to know that.

The odds would have to be firmly in favour of another party putting in a bid once the administrators were open to offers.

Because their bid wasnt accepted?

His statement at the time was :-

"However, our overriding objective is to ensure that the stadium, the history and everything else magical about Rangers Football Club is protected and nurtured back to good health and provide a platform for Rangers for generations to come. Let's be clear, this is an acquisition designed to stabilise the club and ensure history does not repeat itself."

I dont know if he could have done much better than Green, but certainly, there was merits in his warning about 'history repeating itself'.

They used him as their figurehead and he was releasing statements to the papers telling them to back their takeover then they made a fool of him by not coming up with the goods.

I'm not saying them being in control wouldn't have worked.

So what was Allys "continued salary" and penny shares ? Were they not a free lunch ?

What about Brians £200k bonus that he got paid for winning an Amateur League, despite you saying he didnt ? Was that not a free lunch ?

And Charlies bonus for winning the league as well ? Another free lunch ?

Deary me running out of ideas to have another go at Imran so you drag everyone else in, Charlie saved The Rangers don't you and your little band forget it (tu) , the malcontent ingrates are running in a pack tonight.... :cgreen:

As far as I am aware, they made the offer on the very day the CVA failed and the OldCo could not be saved.

I would imagine that they didnt have an offer in at the same time due to them not having the funds available at that point in time, but who knows.

So it was sheer coincedence that they only managed to have the funds available 2 hours after the CVA was rejected.

It should be remembered that Green and consortium had unconditional offers in place. If the CVA was successful, they would have paid for the assets. If the CVA failed, then they also paid for the assets. The agreements had been reached in the weeks leading up to the CVA when NO-ONE else was willing to put their head above the parapet.

The CVA failed. Green took immediate control within hours. (tu)