Imran V Rangers

North Rd

I'd imagine the period after Green left contributed a fair bit to the losses, by all accounts he intended to tighten things up and let McCoist sign a lot less players than he wanted to hence them falling out. He stood up for the club and lead a very successful IPO so I really don't think his reign was bad at all, I don't deny that I wish he could have continued.

In saying that he's gone now and we have a very good CEO in Wallace, but it's others that seem determined to constantly demonise Green after the events.

Sorry, seemed to miss this post for some reason, was not ignoring it!

I dont really see the period after Green leaving being all that more costly that his time in the chair. There was the investigation and the payoffs granted, but as Wallace has stated, our operational costs are still way to high.

I dont agree with the bonuses (which were in the prospectus, but does not make them right!), I also dont agree with some of the early calls like purchasing Ed House, with no plan to make it revenue generating.

I think some of the upgrades such as the big screens and wifi (willing to retract this if these were installed at zero cost) were strangely timed.

My biggest gripe is still with the strategy on player recruitment (Ally also liable). he sanctioned a wagebill that was far too high for our revenue, and the players recruited have no real potential for sell on. This does not strike me as long term planning, and one of the reasons I dont think he planned to hang about. The future was someone elses concern. He just wanted to fill his big hands and get out quick smart.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, you have your point of view , so we can agree to disagree, fair enough mate.

Your point of view is appreciated as your point of view, but are you honestly sure, that it is factual ? :7325:

Yea, fair enough, a bit of debate is always welcomed!

Of course its not factual. It would have to have happened for it to be factual.

Its also not factual to state that if Green hadnt bought us then we would be dead. It is perfectly possible that the admins would have accepted a rival bid, such as the £5.5m bid from Smiths group.

Im must admit that you really do provide good comedy value on here mate.

Just promise us that you are never going to utter the words "Bawsburst is going nowhere!" You sheer stupidity would be far too greatly missed.

ouch and its "goodnight vienna". haha

What about if there was another doctor standing behind him, with the same antidote willing to give me the injection?

Would it be certain that I would have died if the first doctor had not given me the jag, or is there a good possibility that without the first doctor, the second doctor would have fixed me up?

My point is that it is not a fact that without Green, Rangers would be no more. IMO there is a very good chance that we would have survived without him.

Im not saying we would have been any better off now, and im not saying that Green didnt handle things correctly and better than the others during the takeover.

The doctor that gave you the antidote was the only one that put the money uo for a taxi to be at the scene. Do you forget where we were back then? The Zeus team got us playing by the skin of their teeth, do you think we had time for a fresh round of bidding? Not least with the pathetic bids we had for CVA.

The doctor that gave you the antidote was the only one that put the money uo for a taxi to be at the scene. Do you forget where we were back then? The Zeus team got us playing by the skin of their teeth, do you think we had time for a fresh round of bidding? Not least with the pathetic bids we had for CVA.

The other invisible doctor was Dr Mengle.

The second doctor, hitched a ride on the back of the taxi, like Marty McFly in back to the future. The first doctor picked up the bill, for the taxi, but the second docter was at the scene when I needed the antidote.

The day the CVA failed, there was a bid matching Green's bid from Smith's consortium.

Of course a deal could have been done.

The second doctor, hitched a ride on the back of the taxi, like Marty McFly in back to the future. The first doctor picked up the bill, for the taxi, but the second docter was at the scene when I needed the antidote.

The day the CVA failed, there was a bid matching Green's bid from Smith's consortium.

Of course a deal could have been done.

I would live to live in your world. By that stage Zeus had put money down and been processed, Smith and the Real Rangers Men had prepared a bid again through the mhedia and we dont even know if they would have came through with actual cash. They had their chance, they were too busy playing golf with the Bheast.

It amazes me how people look back on hints and change it to suit their agenda. We were on the fucking brink.

Yea, fair enough, a bit of debate is always welcomed!

Of course its not factual. It would have to have happened for it to be factual.

Its also not factual to state that if Green hadnt bought us then we would be dead. It is perfectly possible that the admins would have accepted a rival bid, such as the £5.5m bid from Smiths group.

You keep going back to this, but there is ZERO evidence that ANYONE other than Green would have bid unconditionally on the success of the CVA.

Forget the bid AFTER the CVA, Smith and McColl had 4 months to put there money where their mouth was. They didnt. Nobody did. Evidence points to the situation where NOBODY was going to either. Along came Green and Co and said "Look, we will buy the Club NO MATTER WHAT. But we want a guarantee that all the rest of the shitebags, dont just sit back, let us do the dirty work, then come in and think they are GOD"

Charles Green and his consortium saved Rangers.

You can suppose/allege/opine all you wish about the possibility/chance of others doing it, but you can provide no actual evidence they would have. Doctor Green administered the unconditional antidote and saved us. (tu)

Ex-Rangers chief Charles Green set to give evidence as Imran Ahmad seeks £500k payout from club

7 Feb 2014 07:32

FORMER Ibrox director Ahmad left the club last year but maintains he is still due bonus money. Rangers are contesting the claims at the Court of Session in Edinburgh.

SNS Imran-Ahmad-with-Charles-Green-2159026.jpg Imran Ahmad with Charles Green

CHARLES Green could be called to give evidence as a former Rangers director seeks a £500,000 payout from the club.

Imran Ahmad left Ibrox last year but maintains he is due bonus money.

Rangers are contesting the action at the Court of Session in Edinburgh.

Yesterday, ex-commercial director Ahmed’s counsel, Kenny McBrearty QC, told a judge that former chief executive Green was on his list of witnesses ahead of a hearing in the case.

The Yorkshireman led a consortium who bought the assets of Rangers but left the role last year and is now living in France.

In his action, Ahmad claims that under the terms of a contract, he would be entitled to a bonus of five per cent of commercial contracts negotiated by him subject to written approval from the CEO or chairman.

He said that a letter from the then CEO Green had set out confirmation that his bonus for 2013 would be “no less than 500k”.

Four days of court time have been allocated to hear evidence in the case.

You keep going back to this, but there is ZERO evidence that ANYONE other than Green would have bid unconditionally on the success of the CVA.

Forget the bid AFTER the CVA, Smith and McColl had 4 months to put there money where their mouth was. They didnt. Nobody did. Evidence points to the situation where NOBODY was going to either. Along came Green and Co and said "Look, we will buy the Club NO MATTER WHAT. But we want a guarantee that all the rest of the shitebags, dont just sit back, let us do the dirty work, then come in and think they are GOD"

Charles Green and his consortium saved Rangers.

You can suppose/allege/opine all you wish about the possibility/chance of others doing it, but you can provide no actual evidence they would have. Doctor Green administered the unconditional antidote and saved us. (tu)

You are absolutely hooked on this idea of offering on the basis of a CVA. It does not matter.

The CVA was never going to work, the HMRC rules basically spelled out that they would not be willing to do a deal. Even if a deal had been done, there was still the considerable hurdle in that Craig Whyte held the major shareholding.

Just because Green put in an unconditional offer and got the deal sown up, does not in anayway mean that no-one else would have put in a bid. This is backed up with the fact that Smith's group did indeed offer the Administrators the same value as Green did.

You even point out directly that Green could see that other folk would be interested and so insisted to the admins that they get exclusivity.

Why the hell would they be demanding exclusivity if they were the only ones who could possibly save us?

Again, it is impossible to say that without Greens bid, the club was doomed. The evidence quite clearly points to the opposite given the administrators recieved a further bid to the equal amount of what Green offered.

You are absolutely hooked on this idea of offering on the basis of a CVA. It does not matter.

The CVA was never going to work, the HMRC rules basically spelled out that they would not be willing to do a deal. Even if a deal had been done, there was still the considerable hurdle in that Craig Whyte held the major shareholding.

Just because Green put in an unconditional offer and got the deal sown up, does not in anayway mean that no-one else would have put in a bid. This is backed up with the fact that Smith's group did indeed offer the Administrators the same value as Green did.

You even point out directly that Green could see that other folk would be interested and so insisted to the admins that they get exclusivity.

Why the hell would they be demanding exclusivity if they were the only ones who could possibly save us?

Again, it is impossible to say that without Greens bid, the club was doomed. The evidence quite clearly points to the opposite given the administrators recieved a further bid to the equal amount of what Green offered.

I really think you are confused. Lets assume there was no Charles Green. You have already admitted that Walter and Co wanted nothing to do with the death of the old Company hence not entering the bidding stage at the point of HAVING to offer a CVA option. Who would have put up the initial CVA bid ?

I really think you are confused. Lets assume there was no Charles Green. You have already admitted that Walter and Co wanted nothing to do with the death of the old Company hence not entering the bidding stage at the point of HAVING to offer a CVA option. Who would have put up the initial CVA bid ?

There is no point where you HAVE to offer a CVA option.

The mechanism of a pre-pack administration for instance skips this stage entirely and performs a business and asset sale directly.

An asset sale would have been arranged to occur after the completion of the final day of the season, without the need for a CVA to be offered.

The CVA point is a complete red herring, it was used as a stalling tactic to see out the season. It was never going to happen and it was not needed.

I'd be very interested in hearing the answer to that too. This will be Olympic standard revisionism if it's pulled off right enough! :000000082:

The mechanism of a pre-pack administration for instance skips this stage entirely and performs a business and asset sale directly.

An asset sale would have been arranged to occur after the completion of the final day of the season, without the need for a CVA to be offered.

The CVA point is a complete red herring, it was used as a stalling tactic to see out the season. It was never going to happen and it was not needed.

They should have done it during the season. Were they gonna kick us out mid season? It's far less likely in my opinion.

God when you think everything is settling doon something else comes up..joke of a club atm. Blame mini n co. David Murray n that other bastard.

So you partly blame pm for imran sueing the club.

Despite pm puting his name to the statement telling murray not to sell to whyte.

Strange.

They should have done it during the season. Were they gonna kick us out mid season? It's far less likely in my opinion.

I agree to be honest. Would probably be in the SPFL by now.

Even if they were gonna kick us out though, the admins would have strung out the process until the final game to allow the fixtures to be completed.

A pre-pack administration has to be agreed before the administrator is appointed. So how could we have done this in May or June ?

A pre-pack administration has to be agreed before the administrator is appointed. So how could we have done this in May or June ?

For it to be considered to be a pre-pack, the administrator has to know the score. A pre-pack does not use any special type of method though.

This would not have been a pre-pack per say, but it would have worked the same way.

All that is required is for an administrator to determine that 'the best return for the creditors is a business and asset sale'. This can happen at any point. Before the administration (pre pack), just after the administration occurs, just after a CVA fails.

The best value for the creditors would have been if the CVA had been approved, so this is why they HAD to offer it, even though it was futile.

Once the CVA was off the table, the next step is to sell the business as a going concern via the method employed by both parties.

AGAIN, there was absolutely no need to offer a CVA. All the CVA did was stall for time.

Looking backl, Green's CVA offer may very well have been one of the worst things that could have happened for the club.

If we quickly wrapped up a Business and Asset transfer quickly midseason, we may very well have seen the licence transferred with little bother.

The big delay in waiting for the CVA to fail allowed the hoards to whip up the frenzy that actually caused half our trouble.

Guess we will never know now though. Green got his way, but he certainly didnt save us from certain doom.

For it to be considered to be a pre-pack, the administrator has to know the score. A pre-pack does not use any special type of method though.

This would not have been a pre-pack per say, but it would have worked the same way.

All that is required is for an administrator to determine that 'the best return for the creditors is a business and asset sale'. This can happen at any point. Before the administration (pre pack), just after the administration occurs, just after a CVA fails.

The best value for the creditors would have been if the CVA had been approved, so this is why they HAD to offer it, even though it was futile.

Once the CVA was off the table, the next step is to sell the business as a going concern via the method employed by both parties.

AGAIN, there was absolutely no need to offer a CVA. All the CVA did was stall for time.

The creditors report in April 2012 outlined the steps that D&P were going to take. This was after the initial 2 month period of looking at the business. In that report, they outlined that the first objective was to rescue the company as a going concern and that would ultimately mean a CVA offer. There is a 26 page report on what they were going to do, which then had to be followed.

Neither yours or my opinion matter on whether or not D&P chose the right route but having done so, then it was incumbent on them to try and achieve the CVA and allow the old company to carry on trading as a going concern with all debts wiped clean. I cant remember any fans at the time "not wanting this" option as it was the cleanest break and would have resulted in us still being in the top league etc. (tu)

The down side to it though, was that ultimately if it failed, then someone would be tarred/connected to the death of the old company. This is why "the Rangers men" steered well clear of it. They only wanted the good parts of it and didnt want anything to do with the bad parts of it.

Im never going to convince you otherwise but suffice to say, even if there was 100 people who would have came in and done something AFTER Green stepped forward, Green was the one who done it. He was the Doctor with the shot. He and his buddies saved us and got us back playing in the league under the same registration as we have always had. (tu)

What went on afterwards is a completely different ball game and i have various thoughts on bonuses etc, but we should stick to the facts of June 2012. (tu)