A Possible Historic Treble?

The Godfather

Now I know some people won’t count this as a treble but 3 trophies in a season is what it is…..Also historic in that we are in the third tier!

Currently we are virtually a matter of games away from winning the first division title while also being in the Ramsdens cup final which realistically we should win with little problem (in theory) then of course is the big one as far as we are concerned this year…the Scottish Cup. We have a favourable quarter final game at home against a lower league side which gives us a clear path to the semi’s at our very own Ibrox Stadium, this is the big test this season and one which would cap off a relatively low key season and giving it a fairy tale ending.

Now many people including myself would have said with our resources and squad getting to a final like this should not be met with shock or real surprise but never the less it’s a solid achievement if we make it and a fantastic one if we win it which would be the best feeling since Motherwell at home over 18 months ago.

Of course nothing is won yet and we must not get carried away as anything can happen (we saw with the other lot in both cups) but IF we can keep up the performance of Friday evening and knowing we will be playing at home in both QF and SF ties then we have to believe we can make it to the final of the Scottish Cup. The really positive thing about it if we do make it is it will give the players a reason to NOT put their foot off the pedal and keep them going till the very end of the season which should keep us all happy. We have a mixture of players who have tasted victory in this competition in Black, Temps, Jig ect while some others will be itching to get their hands on it which should keep things competitive as everyone will want a chance to play in these games.

I think a Scottish Cup final would be the perfect sending off to the Rangers fans this season, the support have been superb since this journey began (away especially) and I can only imagine the atmosphere IF we do make it that far. Ally’s first major honour as Rangers manager would and should be some occasion when it happens and with luck on our side so far let’s hope it’s this season so we can push on from here on and cheer the lads onto what IMO would be a fantastic treble under the circumstances.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is definitely a treble. I would also say people who say it isn't an achievement are wrong. With the resources we have it should definitely be possible, but it's never a given staying in the cup. Given our level of consistency in performance and given that we're playing 3rd tier teams the majority of the time, it would be a great accomplishment in my book.

As you say.a treble is a treble.I`m actually more concerned about our Ramsdens Cup Final.

We shouldn`t take that for granted.No one expected us to win the Scottish Cup but we are expected to win the Ramsdens Cup.

I`ll be glad when it`s in the bag.Nice to win a cup and fuck what the rest of Scotland think.I`ll be pished and dancing like we won the Champions League.

It's wise to plead caution but the lift both players and fans have got from this weekend will be incredible.

I cannot wait for the first semi final at Ibrox. Regardless of who we play the place will be rocking. Our opponents will have that to contend with, it is our clear advantage.

As for the final at Pamperspulling Park? Well, I don't think I could describe what the atmosphere will be like that day!

However, I pity whose put in front of us.

Caution is advisable but do not underestimate the part we will play in these remaining games.

That's not really been touched on yet.

If we win these three trophies I think we would all class it as being a successful season. The League Cup was an obvious disappointment an no-one will say any different but a Scottish Cup win considering where we are in the re-building process would be sweet as fuck.

Hear, hear!

Of course its a treble.You can only try and win the competitions your actually in and that includes the league, the domestic cups and any other cups you are entered into be it Europa, CL or indeed the lowly Ramsdens. We need to continue playing well, add some consistency and we need some luck.

But its possible, it really is.

The Scottish Cup is the one we all wanted at kick off in the summer.

It's the biggest aim we could have had at the start of the season, IF we achieve that then it turns into a remarkable season.

IF we are going to hit the top league with these players then we need to get them into the habit of winning these competitions like the previous sides.

Its a treble, it's not a major treble but it's still a treble.

I think it will be a major treble to most of us tbh. (I know what you mean and the context you said it though (tu) )

Where we are, what we have gone through to the biggest cup in Scottish football would be some story...especially since we are in the third tier as it stands.

The Scottish Cup is the one we all wanted at kick off in the summer.

It's the biggest aim we could have had at the start of the season, IF we achieve that then it turns into a remarkable season.

IF we are going to hit the top league with these players then we need to get them into the habit of winning these competitions like the previous sides.

Hit the top league with these players?

I really hope not!

Hit the top league with these players?

I really hope not!

Well some of them at least unless someone invests in us.

Wallace will be the obvious one who will be a first teamer, the likes of Law, Shiels, Templeton have the ability to do so but need to get the consistancy right.

Of course it would be a treble but to be honest making it to the final is as much as I'm hoping for at the moment. The last couple of Hampden final's I was at saw us up against quite lowly opposition and it took us quite some time and a wee bit of Nacho magic to pitt those cups. Anything can happen but there are too many out there jumping the gun. Lets wait to see if we get a game at the giro dome ( aka big jock knew camp ) in May and if so we can dream of a treble.

Of course it would be a treble but to be honest making it to the final is as much as I'm hoping for at the moment. The last couple of Hampden final's I was at saw us up against quite lowly opposition and it took us quite some time and a wee bit of Nacho magic to pitt those cups. Anything can happen but there are too many out there jumping the gun. Lets wait to see if we get a game at the giro dome ( aka big jock knew camp ) in May and if so we can dream of a treble.

Of course, jumping the gun is naive but what we have here is our best chance at it and could be for a few years.

The draw has been very kind so far and with the semi final at Ibrox then we should be aiming for the final.

We have the luxury of our season in league terms being over really while the likes of Aberdeen, Dundee United, Inverness are still trying to secure various positions for Europe ect.

Everything so far really is in our favour.