Sadly next season we will have to be ruthless

And move on some of the boys who showed fantastic loyalty to stay with us/drop down to divison3. It's quite tough for me as these guys will never be forgotten, they may have been rewarded handsomely with a decent pay/kept their existing contracts but if they never stayed then we wouldn't have been able to field a side.

I'm starting to see cracks in Jigs game, it looks like little may not be in the plans (I'm inclined to agree with that tbh), I'd probably move on Stevie smith and foster, Ian black, simmonsen, cribiari and I'd be looking at shipping out some of the youngsters.

It's tough because no matter how good or bad these boys are they stood by the club and helped get us nearer the top.

With money being tight though we are going to have to be ruthless and ensure the spine of the team is strong enough to not only win the championship but to also make an impact in the 1st season back in the premiership.

I'm of the opinion if it's possible the team next season should be built with the premiership in mind. I think 6 or 7 of the 11 should be good enough for the premiership with only 3 or 4 needed on our return.

What's everyone else's opinion on how next season should be viewed by the CEO and manager?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree.

We need to keep a strong spine but dressing room morale can't be ignored and some of those boys got the dressing room to where it is. I'd keep Jig for another season, at reduced wages if he'd accept it and try and bring in a younger guy to look to move in. Trying to minimise the spending I'd keep

Bell

Jig

Moshni

Wallace

Law

Black

Templeton

Shiels

Daly

We need a RB, a CB, a RM and a striker. Then we're into boys for backup =( Aird/ Mackay/ Macleod/ Clark

I agree. Black's an annoying one because if he plays like he did last game he's great. He's just doesn't do enough sometimes. Overall I'd like to see him get a chance in the top division. The rest, yes I think we need to move out some dead wood and prepare for the challenge. Jig, Cribari, Faure, Foster, Smith and possibly some others. What we can afford to do next season in terms of preparation is another matter.

I would definitely keep Ian Black for the next division, and probably the premier. If we can still afford him Simonsen is a quality goalie. Agree with other three.

I expect Bell, Wallace, McLeod, Law, Black, Templeton, Clark, Shiels Daly and potentially Moshni and Jig and 2 or 3 of the youngsters being around for premier, which means we need to ship in another 5 or 6 premier class players in next 18 months..

Dont think Little, Aird or Crawford will cut it. Peralta will be shipped after world cup, hopefully he plays well there and gets us a return.

Agreed.

We need to look to start offloading the players who aren't good enough so we can bring in more players who are.

Bell, Wallace, Monshi, Law, Templeton, MacLeod & Daly give us a decent core of guys but after that most of our players are deadwood, or expendable if somebody comes in for them.

As I say it was only my opinion on who I think should go. There's really no right or wrong answer. I've been disappointed with black tbh, the same could be said for temps but in his day he can be very very good.

@stb I know these guys are under contract, some have their deals running out but we may be able to offload some of the others, we may not but we should be looking to get rid of a few

Bell, Simonsen, Wallace, Black, Law, Macloed, Templeton, Daly are the only players I'd say who should definitely still be here come summer 2015.

IMHO 3 or 4 players have a chance to prove they should be here: Faure, Gasparotto, Crawford, Aird, Clarke.

Beyond that I think its fair to say we need to cut off the dead weight.

Black is at his best when he can knit play together with sideways passes and spread it wide to wingers who hold their positions. It's absoluletly no surprise to me that since Templeton & Aird came into the team his form has imporved.

I think he's good enough to play for us in the SPL and unless a bid came in that would see us make soem money on him he's a player I would keep for the next couple of years.

As I say it was only my opinion on who I think should go. There's really no right or wrong answer. I've been disappointed with black tbh, the same could be said for temps but in his day he can be very very good.

@stb I know these guys are under contract, some have their deals running out but we may be able to offload some of the others, we may not but we should be looking to get rid of a few

No doubt.

As far as building a team for the top flight goes though it's difficult, transfer ban is over but I really don't want to see us spending millions while still in these lower leagues.

No doubt.

As far as building a team for the top flight goes though it's difficult, transfer ban is over but I really don't want to see us spending millions while still in these lower leagues.

We won't be spending millions in the top league never mind these ones

Starting to think that we might see a few familiar names returning either 2015 or 2016.

I may get slaughtered for this but I'd still take Boyd in a heartbeat if the money isn't there nor a scouting team in place

I may get slaughtered for this but I'd still take Boyd in a heartbeat if the money isn't there nor a scouting team in place

(tu)

I criticised him in the past, but right now signing Boyd is an absolute no brainer for me.

He's a guaranteed 20 goals a season striker and we need at least one of them for when we get to the top flight. He might be into his 30's now but he's a poacher and poaching isn't a knack you lose as you get older.

(tu)

I criticised him in the past, but right now signing Boyd is an absolute no brainer for me.

He's a guaranteed 20 goals a season striker and we need at least one of them for when we get to the top flight. He might be into his 30's now but he's a poacher and poaching isn't a knack you lose as you get older.

Looks fitter now as well.