Don't worry, be happy - McCoist

http://sport.bt.com/...S11363875834982

Manager Ally McCoist claims Rangers fans can be happy at the moment despite the club's ongoing struggle to restore the good times.

Rangers went into administration exactly two years ago on Friday and financial issues continue to dog the Ibrox club.

McCoist knows they face more hard times as Rangers continue their post-liquidation journey from the bottom of the Scottish league.

But, with his team chasing silverware on three fronts, the Rangers boss feels there is much to smile about at the moment.

McCoist told RangersTV: "Walter (Smith) went on record as saying we were going to have two or three years of really hard times.

"I would absolutely echo and agree with that but within the hard times, you'd hopefully have one or two opportunities to smile about and be happy about.

"At this moment in time, I'd probably say we have one of them. I'm loath to tempt fate but the team is still top of the league and going really well there.

"We've still only dropped two points, we've reached the Ramsdens Cup final and have reached the quarter-finals of the Scottish Cup with a home tie to look forward to.

"We're absolutely thrilled with the performances from our under-20 team as well, who have now won nine games in a row."

McCoist added: "We try to treat the good times and the bad ones roughly the same. We're not going to get too carried away just now in the same way we don't get too down in the bad times.

"But certainly, if you're a Rangers supporter, you can maybe take a wee step back, look back at the overall picture and be fairly happy at the moment. I hope that's the case."

Happy? I'm still fuckin buzzing after last weekend.

The question is why are former employees giving derogatory quotes to the rheb, when Ally is being positive ?

And as he watches current events in Govan unfold from afar, the former Murray Park youth guru admits there could be more trouble on the way.

He said: “Administration took more of a toll on those affected than we care to admit. It’s still taking its toll on those there.

“I keep thinking friends and colleagues I worked with are at last out of the woods but they are not. I was back home recently and met up with a few of them but many of the conversations were the same as before.

“It’s a big worry to hear circumstances haven’t changed dramatically.

“I’ve been a bit surprised at what has happened at Rangers since that day as there have been a few false dawns.”

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-news/rangers-two-years-financial-collapse-3140257

The question is why are former employees giving derogatory quotes to the rheb, when Ally is being positive ?

And as he watches current events in Govan unfold from afar, the former Murray Park youth guru admits there could be more trouble on the way.

He said: “Administration took more of a toll on those affected than we care to admit. It’s still taking its toll on those there.

“I keep thinking friends and colleagues I worked with are at last out of the woods but they are not. I was back home recently and met up with a few of them but many of the conversations were the same as before.

“It’s a big worry to hear circumstances haven’t changed dramatically.

“I’ve been a bit surprised at what has happened at Rangers since that day as there have been a few false dawns.”

http://www.dailyreco...ollapse-3140257

How very dare our manager be positive about our team!!!!

It's quite tricky to start believing that we're in the good times again. Even when we were the supreme club in Scotland, we had our bad times. I'm just happy we're improving and even if the football is not spectacular every game, as long as we keep winning it's hard to argue against such success.

I would like the performances to improve, and they seem to be. I just hope when they drop again, they don't plummet so low as they have some weeks, especially last year.

Beating someone from the SPHL would be good in this years cup, beating the 2 so called best teams left would be fanfuckingtastic.