News this morning regarding £1.5m loan

RangersFanBase

You don't see what the outrage is about? We have Dave King waiting to plough millions into the club, instead we're taking crisis loans to see us until season ticket money comes in.. Great position to be in after what happened February, 2 years ago. The club's going backwards.

Have we - and you know this for a fact because??? Could that be along the lines of the millions Brian Kennedy was willing to put in and not forgetting TBK and McColl.

If King wanted to invest, like the others, he'd have done it by now - what's stopping him??

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't see what the outrage is about? We have Dave King waiting to plough millions into the club, instead we're taking crisis loans to see us until season ticket money comes in.. Great position to be in after what happened February, 2 years ago. The club's going backwards.

If King really is wanting to "Plough millions into the club" why is he not buying up shares?Fed up with King blabbing off to the media, put up or shut up.

What's more embarrassing about being in this situation this morning is how Rangers announced it:

"The Board of Rangers is pleased to announce that it has entered into two secured short term credit facilities"

Apparently we're pleased about being in financial troubles again. Absolutely shambolic the way the club is being run.

I'm not clutching at straws at all, I didn't quite remember an article from a few weeks back, although that article does basically say fans were wrong to think it was a crisis loan, which it quite clearly is? that's not clutching at straws, and I didn't think I exposed a lie at all.

Your OP claims you have found a lie.

It was said months ago that we had access to a £2.5m credit facility. We have taken advantage of £1.5m of that facility. That's not a crisis loan in my book.

What's more embarrassing about being in this situation this morning is how Rangers announced it:

"The Board of Rangers is pleased to announce that it has entered into two secured short term credit facilities"

Apparently we're pleased about being in financial troubles again. Absolutely shambolic the way the club is being run.

Naw - you are more embarrassing

Fuck sake :lol: I can see it's pointless speaking to you. Your mind has been set that the rebels are the way forward for some weird reason. I'll let you carry on.....

Talking of clutching at straws...

It was said months ago that we had access to a £2.5m credit facility. We have taken advantage of £1.5m of that facility. That's not a crisis loan in my book.

My OP doesn't claim I found a lie. There was a question mark at the end of my sentence in my OP. If I was exposing or claiming I found a lie that'd of went more along the lines of

"OH MY GOD THE FUCKING BOARD LIED TO US THOSE SCUMMY SPIV TWATS!"

Knew this was said somewhere and was in the process of trying to find it (tu)

Sorry but you did. All I see it as is we need 1.5M to get to season ticket renewals/sales and Laxey and the Easdales have invested this. Don't see what all the panic and outrage is all about.

this is not investment. Investment is when money is put in a business with no guarantee of a return. This is a loan where both parties, particularly Laxey, get their money back in 6months plus a fee!

If we are in need of funds, why the hell isn't Wallace looking for investment from the likes of king?

IMO this is a sign of financial trouble. Wallace is a smart businessman- if we had enough cash to see us through until ST money, there is absolutely no way he would risk the wrath of fans, media, would be investors etc by taking out a short term loan.

Very odd to say the least

The way Rangers is being run is a disgrace. Snubbing investors and turning to loans instead - Where's the sense in that? Sure they might not want Dave King, but why were other investors not being looked at?

It's a farce.

14 months after an IPO and 70,000 season ticket sales, retail sales, merchandising etc we're needing loans of £1.5m. It was said months in advance that Rangers needed investment, that should of been looked at a hell of a lot sooner, instead the board rushed out their "#ReadyToListen" campaign when they should of been "#ReadyToListen" to investors.

Outstanding how the club is being run, everyone in the board room deserves a pat on the back, especially The Easdales who are loaning us money for "next to nothing" - Although they still receive money in return for it in some form.

The way Rangers is being run is a disgrace. Snubbing investors and turning to loans instead - Where's the sense in that? Sure they might not want Dave King, but why were other investors not being looked at?

It's a farce.

14 months after an IPO and 70,000 season ticket sales, retail sales, merchandising etc we're needing loans of £1.5m. It was said months in advance that Rangers needed investment, that should of been looked at a hell of a lot sooner, instead the board rushed out their "#ReadyToListen" campaign when they should of been "#ReadyToListen" to investors.

Outstanding how the club is being run, everyone in the board room deserves a pat on the back, especially The Easdales who are loaning us money for "next to nothing" - Although they still receive money in return for it in some form.

The Easdales and Laxey are investors, the likes of Dave King are looking for far bigger conditions, he wants a whole brand new share issue to 'plough in millions'.

Get over it.

I don't often post preferring to read others postings.

I am somewhat confused and concerned by the statement.

The way I read easdales Loan is on a fee basis but interest free, as it states it will be provided on a fee and interest free basis, very cleverly worded.

Laxleys, is even more concerning . . .

If they take their 1p shares just now, as I read it, they get 26.5 x £150,000.00 worth of shares, so instead of getting £150,00/26.5p = number of shares they are getting the 26.5 x their money, or if there is a share issue and the price is higher than 26.5p they get even more shares for their £150k interest.

I may be wrong but that is how I read it

The Easdales and Laxey are investors, the likes of Dave King are looking for far bigger conditions, he wants a whole brand new share issue to 'plough in millions'.

Get over it.

You don't know what Dave King wants, for all we know he may just want a seat on the board, or to become Chairman. I'd rather his terms and his money, than anyone in that boardroom, minus Graham Wallace as he seems to be the only man that knows what he's actually doing.

Also Laxey etc haven't invested anything.

Well, we are where we are. Wallace is still picking up the pieces from the previous circus acts such as Stockbridge and co. The sooner this 120 day review is complete and Wallace and co. can begin to sort this mess out, the better. Harsh cuts need to be made in order to survive and a serious consideration of how we can raise revenue such as a membership scheme.

If things don't improve it could be more than 5 years before we win the top flight again.