News this morning regarding £1.5m loan

RangersFanBase

Fans to Board - go and get more funding.

Board to fans - here you go, and no new guys involved.

Fans to Board - why do you need more money - spivs out, Gers men in blah blah blah

doh

Do you think its ok we have no money and need to take a 1.5m crisis loan? Really?

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't know what Dave King wants, for all we know he may just want a seat on the board, or to become Chairman. I'd rather his terms and his money, than anyone in that boardroom, minus Graham Wallace as he seems to be the only man that knows what he's actually doing.

Also Laxey etc haven't invested anything.

So you don't know what Dave King wants, but you want his terms...? <cr>

This is not the fault of the present board, how some folk will not ask questions of the previous fucking shambles is beyond me. This is an absolute disgrace to be here 2 years after all that's gone on.

this had better be sorted and sorted properly this time. Not only has the footballing philosophy stayed the same, the careless financial overspends have too. I cant believe we own Ed house we would have been as well buying ed the duck

Yes it's the previous regimes fault we're in this position again; but surely the current regime are at fault for not looking for suitable investors, and are going begging for loans instead? We've been down the borrowing money route before, we clearly haven't learned from our mistakes.

RFB, I am not sure what is worse, your posts or the Req ambitions at the AGM.

Get over the fact that this is working capital, it is not for setting up some Ajax style academy. The new board were brought to solve issues like this in the easiest way possible and this is no big deal, the people involved are current investors not some new wonga mob.

Oh and as to DK and his millions to plough in, yeah heard that little gem quite a few times, still waiting on the coal to become a diamond, give it a rest.

So let's understand this.

If Dave King was to drop say another £20m into the club, THAT would be OK?

If Mike Ashley was to drop say £20m into the club, THAT would be OK?

So why is it bad for £1.5M to be put into club now?

Cannot have it both ways guys - either investment is good, regardless of the amount and the source (within reason!) or is it bad.

Or is it just that some want "their" spivs instead of "bad" spivs?

Cannot have it both ways guys - either investment is good, regardless of the amount and the source (within reason!) or is it bad.

Investment is good, taking a loan out to get through a month or two of running costs and having to pay it back with interest is not all that clever.

Needs-must and l that but depressing how badly mismanaged we've been again by Green and the previous board of the last year or two

A would say most folk are just angry it's came down to this having had 22 million banked last year.

This isn't an investment, it's a loan that's to be repaid, and is secured against Rangers' assets.

20m from Mike Ashley and Dave King would have Rangers fans sitting wanking themselves silly.

This however causes panic because it's now clear to everyone we have no money, even though fans have been screaming out for months that we need investment.

are you not getting it? This is not investment, it's a loan, like the one we used to have with Rbs.

Laxey and easdale are putting up money, for a fee, with the agreement it will be paid back in 6 months. They aren't investing jack shit

AH, NOW I understand.

So only money that is dropped into the club from "good Rangers men" not "spivs" or at least not these types of "spivs" is allowed.

And it must be essentially a gift to the club, never to be repaid and not secured in any way against any club assets?

That about right?

Yeah, good luck with that. Because there are just hundreds of folk waiting around ready to pi$$ millions up against a wall because they are "Rangers men"....

The way Rangers is being run is a disgrace. Snubbing investors and turning to loans instead - Where's the sense in that? Sure they might not want Dave King, but why were other investors not being looked at?

It's a farce.

14 months after an IPO and 70,000 season ticket sales, retail sales, merchandising etc we're needing loans of £1.5m. It was said months in advance that Rangers needed investment, that should of been looked at a hell of a lot sooner, instead the board rushed out their "#ReadyToListen" campaign when they should of been "#ReadyToListen" to investors.

Outstanding how the club is being run, everyone in the board room deserves a pat on the back, especially The Easdales who are loaning us money for "next to nothing" - Although they still receive money in return for it in some form.

i knew we would get to King sooner or later.

If he puts money in, and that is a big if, then he wants at least the exact same kind of deal.

He would only put money in for shares in return.

So logically you will be outraged at this too.

As for your tirade about the board spending, perhaps youve been away a while and missed the fact the board was recently changed.

The board have got a great deal here. They have raised cash at very little expense and not given penny shares as the scaremongering liars at the RST made out.

Perhaps if you want to out liars you should start there and ask why they are lying.

oh and as for your guff about ready to listen, that was highlighted as a priority by both decent supporters AND your rebel fan base.

I don't understand why you would criticise the board for doing what was asked if them.

Unless if course you are just going to fault everything they do.

Which of course you aren't.

Are you ?

Cos that would make you a rebel with an agenda, or rebel without a clue.

AH, NOW I understand.

So only money that is dropped into the club from "good Rangers men" not "spivs" or at least not these types of "spivs" is allowed.

And it must be essentially a gift to the club, never to be repaid and not secured in any way against any club assets?

That about right?

Yeah, good luck with that. Because there are just hundreds of folk waiting around ready to pi$$ millions up against a wall because they are "Rangers men"....

I don't get your thought process here - you think people have no right to be angry that we've spent our whole IPO already? That we have to take out a loan to sort out our running costs already? I think people would be pretty irked about it whether the loan was coming from Laxey or from any other individual

If you are contented that the club has been so badly run over the last couple of years (again) then all power to you, but christ sake, don't be pissy with folk who have pretty genuine grievances about the utter clusterfuck that has been our club over the last 2 years

This is not the fault of the present board, how some folk will not ask questions of the previous fucking shambles is beyond me. This is an absolute disgrace to be here 2 years after all that's gone on.

this had better be sorted and sorted properly this time. Not only has the footballing philosophy stayed the same, the careless financial overspends have too. I cant believe we own Ed house we would have been as well buying ed the duck

Correct mate the previous board were nothing short of disgraceful and look where we are today.I call them the hurricane effect,they came they took,and now leave everyone to pick up the pieces.

I really hope against hope that we can still move forward from this...