Ian Black

DP FC

I know many would have thought about throttling him after is comments this week, but how the hell did the Airdrie player stay on the park, as clear a case of assault as you will ever get.

You could see both hands wrapped round his neck and trying to squeeze.

Never seen a mention in the press about it, can you imagine what would happen if the boot was on the other foot?

I think Black calmed the whole thing down. Handled it very well i thought.

Black appears deliberately or otherwise to have been singled out for 'special attention' both this season and last. This season as well as playing better he has handled the abuse more professionally. Perhaps he is finally 'growing up'.

Blacks passing has been decisive this season (tu)

be great if he could get another goal soon too, I'd be real happy for him as he deserves some more goals for sure

I'm not a huge fan of his but he has improved a lot since last season and deserves his regular starting place in the team.

Some of his shots from distance are woeful, but if you don't try you don't score. I think if he scored 5 or more goals a season he would win some of his critics over.

I missed the game, but I seen the picture on Willie Vass' website; brutal. That McCormack is an animal. I'm sure he was charged for punching fuck out of Hearts' Calum Elliot in Edinburgh city centre when he played for Hibs. There was probably more to it than the tackle with Black, as well, with the whole Hearts and Hibs rivalry.

I don't mind Black. I'm happy enough with him in the team, but I wouldn't bat an eye lid if he was released at the end of the season. I expected more from him based on his performances against us and while he hasn't been poor, he hasn't strolled these past two divisions. I don't think he'll be up to the standard required or expected of a Rangers player when we return to the SPL.

I doubt he would command a first team spot with a few of that league's top six.

In spite of it all , I like Ian Black.

This. We need another hard man in midfield to ease the burden on him and deflect the attention other teams pin on Black.

We have seen that the lower level referees offer no protection to constructive players or even tougher players (especially on our team).

A good solid midfield with two hard players is therefore still needed to combat against most other Scottish opposition. As Graham Souness would probably agree it is better to give than to take.