Perspective

While we should have walked the game yesterday, some of the reaction on here and elsewhere has been overly emotional. Ally is here to get us back to the top, and he's doing that despite an ongoing boardroom circus which would cripple most clubs.

No other manager would have tolerated the last few years, but Ally has stayed and won us successive leagues. When you see the players making mistake after mistake, it is tempting to point at the man currently sending them out. Remember though that they're young and doing something - for our club - which is far from the usual career path. Uncertainties mount and confidence drains away, suddenly everyone's play is inhibited. But still we romped the league.

I'm not saying he's the best coach, but he is what we need right now. With our support and modest financial outlay we'll walk the league again next season, with Ally at the helm. At that point, we can look for the right man to take us to the next stage.

In a decade or more, we'll be able to see just how important the job he's doing is. In the meantime, don't disgrace us with short-term tantrums when we don't win absolutely everything.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

On the contrary imho in a decade we will looked back on Allys time at the club as a financial and footballing disaster. He is running us into the ground. We dont need to give him any longer in order to see this.

His value has fallen so far that i see this as a clear fishing/trolling attempt

You recognise Ally is not the man for long term and he is just getting us up the leagues. Why does it have to be Ally? We might aswell get someone in who is more long term and start to lay the foundations now so we can reap the benefits in a couple of seasons.

We are fucking minging we must be the worst 6m per year squad anywhere, fucking woeful

I'm not sure there's a club in the world who's been in our situation. It's got to be mental for the players at times, and I think they'll do better if we rally round.

I disagree. He isn't what we need now.

Do you believe he is the man to win the championship? I've lost all faith in his ability to pick a team, motivate a team and change a team to suit as the match progresses.

What we need is someone who will come in and give the players a boot in the balls if they ever disgrace the jersey like they done yesterday.

What we need is a manager who can change a game through tactics.

What we need is a manager who can get us playing progressive, entertaining football whilst still winning.

That's what we need. Sadly, and I really am sad at this fact, Ally is not the man we need.

He has been what we needed when we went into admin and I'll be forever thankful to him for that. I had my reservations about him as a manager but was hopeful he would prove me wrong.

He hasn't. It's time to step aside.

You recognise Ally is not the man for long term and he is just getting us up the leagues. Why does it have to be Ally? We might aswell get someone in who is more long term and start to lay the foundations now so we can reap the benefits in a couple of seasons.

I can't imagine anyone else putting up with the boardroom clowns and the rest of the non-footballing stuff. That will be gone once we're back at the top.

How'd you get on yesterday despite the result?

You going on Sat?

Aye was pretty hard on the way back on the bus but we went to the orange halls and had a right good sash bash.

Aye am in the Copland Saturday mate you?

Hero De fuckin derp

'They are young' = no they are not we have one of the oldest first teams and indeed squads in Scotland.

'No other manager would have tolerated the last few years' = if they were getting £850k a year they would the same goes for the players the only reason they came to Rangers is because Ally gave them way more than anyone else would the players were more than happy to accept a big pay day they are never going to get that sort of money ever again.

'But Ally has stayed and won us successive leagues' = a fucking retard would be expected to do that with the 2nd highest budget in Scotland playing in the lowest league

I can't imagine anyone else putting up with the boardroom clowns and the rest of the non-footballing stuff. That will be gone once we're back at the top.

I don't think we're getting back to the top with ally in charge.

Unless ludicrous amounts of money are thrown at him and we go straight back to the situation we were in 2 years ago.

Aye was pretty hard on the way back on the bus but we went to the orange halls and had a right good sash bash.

Aye am in the Copland Saturday mate you?

Good stuff. Ended up pished even though a wasnt planning on bevvying. Went up the Goodyear then sank 10 bottles of Stella in the house :anguish:

Aye am going. Not seen the tickets yet they should have been delivered to my mates this morning but he'll still be hanging just now so duno where we're sitting yet.

I don't think we're getting back to the top with ally in charge.

Unless ludicrous amounts of money are thrown at him and we go straight back to the situation we were in 2 years ago.

We both agree the players are miles below where they should be, we just differ on the cause.

Once they realise they're got a fight on their hands, they'll step up to the plate. Do you honestly not see another 20+ point league win?

We both agree the players are miles below where they should be, we just differ on the cause.

Once they realise they're got a fight on their hands, they'll step up to the plate. Do you honestly not see another 20+ point league win?

Nope