It's Time To Move On

The stands were packed of bouncing singing bears who put all the bad memories of admin, poor performances and broken promises to the back of their minds and gave the team and manager the kind of backing only Rangers fans can. This was our first shot of silverware in the cups, one of many and potentially part of a historic treble in difficult circumstances.

We were ready, we waited 3 seasons for this! The next two weekends would show everyone the Rangers were on the rise and it should have been a warning to everyone watching.

What we got though was one of the most uninspiring, gutless and ultimately pathetic displays we have had this season in our biggest game of the season (till Saturday)! From the first whistle we could see there was no intensity or fight from our so called team yet the fans still stood and sang their hearts out trying hopelessly to get some kind of reaction from our over paid stars. This was like a home game, stands full of bears, our songs belting out yet there was nothing on the pitch to sing about! The fans kept it going till the last minute in extra time when the inevitable happened while our manager stood motionless, hands in his pockets looking at the ground.

We blew an opportunity to give us real confidence and belief for Saturday and the support are now on a massive downer, surely the manager and coaching staff would take action and grill their underachieving squad! That's what our past greats would have done right?

Wrong! Sunday night came along and while we were all getting busses, trains ect home or sitting in the house devastated our manager and team were having a wee party dressed up as some dinner evening....yeah disco lights and karaoke are part of the dinning out experience at Rangers apparently! A due reward for a day of battling and triumphant displays from the boys...well maybe Raith but not us!

What now for our squad and manager?

Saturday is a massive game for many reasons and Ally's last chance of trying to paper over his massive failings, the optimist in me says it's a cup game anything can happen but then the realist tells me if we can't get up for a cup final then what chance have we got against a far better outfit than ourselves? We will go regardless of course and sing our hearts out and revel in the atmosphere but if it's anything like Sunday then the team and McCoist will have nowhere to hide.

Regardless of result I want Ally to do the right thing and hand in his notice at the end of the season, if he loves rangers more than he loves his job then that's the only thing he can do. He's not a winner as a manager, he's not even a decent manager....he's a poor one who relies on having a huge advantage to get results and even then he makes a cock up of it!

Of course people will say it's not just Ally's fault, what about the players? Of course this is true but who brought in these so called Rangers? Who keeps playing them despite obvious lack of form and not being match fit? It all comes back to one man...the manager!

Rangers football club comes first and there will always be a place for Ally at this club like JG before him but it's clear now he has to go....sooner rather than later.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He should be gone permanently, no incoming manager worth his salt will have him anywhere near.

IMO that's just bitter and filled with hatred.

He's still a legend and still has something to offer albeit in another lower key role.

He speaks well and loves the club, he's been here for a long time and as we continue to grow we will need ambassadors and club spokesmen which I think Ally would be ideal for.

Said to someone in another he will always be one of us and I would like him to stay at the club, but he has to step down as manager he's killing us as a football team and when you get rid of all the other crap concerned with Rangers first and foremost we are just that a football team.

Agreed.

Although Walter did make it one of his demands before he stayed on for one more year.

Hopefully lessons have been learned.

He was a clone of Walter with the tactics that he used, but not the results that Walter achived in cup games.

He was a clone of Walter with the tactics that he used, but not the results that Walter achived in cup games.

Yeah a poor mans Walter Smith.

We needed someone with their own ideas and style, no one could do what Walter did any better than Walter himself.

You may think what you like, I don't appreciate Alistair trying to take me for a mug.... especially over wagesgate, if you enjoy being shat on from a great height that is your prerogative.

Speaks well, cringeworthy is how I and many others see his utterances.

You may think what you like, I don't appreciate Alistair trying to take me for a mug.... especially over wagesgate, if you enjoy being shat on from a great height that is your prerogative.

That's up to you.

Ally is just a poor manager, he's not a thief or up to anything sinister to get one over on us.

I can separate the man and manager, I'm sure others can too.

He is still a legend and I hope one day we have a role that better suits him and his strengths.

Only thing with McCoist having any spokesman type role is that he is to pally with the tims. Im sure at times he would say things on behalf of Rangers that wouldn't sit well with the support. If he goes its best he is gone completely. No jobs for the boys stuff anymore.

Can anybody remember when we actually left a game on a regular basis win/lose or draw and thought that was actually good to watch.

It must be getting on for 10 years.

No. I know most teams fans go on about bad performances and how poor they think their football is but they don't have a clue.

I watch old highlights of us from the 90's and early 00's and I don't even feel like I'm watching the club I support :lol::anguish:

That's up to you.

Ally is just a poor manager, he's not a thief or up to anything sinister to get one over on us.

I can separate the man and manager, I'm sure others can too.

He is still a legend and I hope one day we have a role that better suits him and his strengths.

Taking £800k a year was stealing.

Only think with McCoist hving any spokesman type role is that he is to pally with the tims. Im sure at times he would say things on behalf of Rangers that wouldn't sit well with the support. If he goes its best he is gone completely. No jobs for the boys stuff anymore.

Matchday hospitality host on a voluntary basis of course.

Ally's greatest asset in the last couple of seasons was his bond with the fans forged firstly through his time as a player but latterly as a focus point for fans to rally behind in the dark days of administration but sadly this bond has slowly eroded with disappointing performances on the park culminating in sunday's defeat by raith rovers however the greater disappointment was still to come on sunday night when im afraid by partying after such a humiliating defeat ally has permenantly broken the bond he forged with the rangers support.