How do we get rid of Ally?

SuperAli

He is our worst ever manager and is damaging the club not just for the present but long term as well

we all love Ally the man Ally the manager is a disgrace

I do wonder how some of our past managers would have managed with the barriers Ally has had - and that's one of the issues with where we are - we have no reference point - we have never had to rebuild like this, we have never had to work with such poor leadership on the business side - we have never worked under a transfer embargo and we have never had to play lower league teams week in week out. That lack of reference and our anger agsinst what has happened over the last 3 years has now caused some of us to turn that anger on Ally in the most unedifying ways. We lack the perspective of reference.

Sad really.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do wonder how some of our past managers would have managed with the barriers Ally has had - and that's one of the issues with where we are - we have no reference point - we have never had to rebuild like this, we have never had to work with such poor leadership on the business side - we have never worked under a transfer embargo and we have never had to play lower league teams week in week out. That lack of reference and our anger agsinst what has happened over the last 3 years has now caused some of us to turn that anger on Ally in the most unedifying ways. We lack the perspective of reference.

Sad really

You make fair points but we can only judge him on:

a) the signings he has made

b) the wage bill for him, his staff and players

c) the standard of opposition

d) his cup record

e) the poor quality of the football

f) the lack of improvement of individual players and the team

No other manager in the history of football has ever faced league opponents with such a financial advantage.

The leagues anyone could win

I don't even know where to start with that garbage. Could you win them?

Do you give the man absolutely no credit for winning the leagues just because you think "anyone" could win them?

It's a moronic argument because it isn't possible to prove. Why not go a little further? Why not say even a child/monkey/horse could win the leagues?

Do you give the man absolutely no credit for winning the leagues just because you think "anyone" could win them?

It's a moronic argument because it isn't possible to prove. Why not go a little further? Why not say even a child/monkey/horse could win the leagues?

It's absolutely what I believe when millions of pounds of resources are being used in part time divisions. If he could produce some regular entertainment for the fans and actually do well in a cup I'd give plenty of credit, but it doesn't happen.

It's absolutely what I believe when millions of pounds of resources are being used in part time divisions. If he could produce some regular entertainment for the fans and actually do well in a cup I'd give plenty of credit, but it doesn't happen.

I appreciate the resources argument, it's horrendous how much money we have wasted in these leagues. However, the chief executive is to blame for that as well. The players have to shoulder some of the blame as well for the level of performances.

Ally the man is beyond reproach..

Ally the manager simply isn't up to it..

A 6/7 million pound wage budget and some think he's done well winning part time leagues..

Queen of the South cantered division 2 and won the Ramsdens cup last season on a budget of 400 thousand..

I hear this all the time but we're rangers

The biggest draw (and hated) team in the land

Surly some posters understand this.

You don't seem able to acknowledge that the majority are supporters of Rangers not Ally.

The interview is further proof that he should not be manager.

He gives a fair and honest opinion and you want to stab him in the ncdl for honesty now!

You make fair points but we can only judge him on:

a) the signings he has made

b) the wage bill for him, his staff and players

c) the standard of opposition

d) his cup record

e) the poor quality of the football

f) the lack of improvement of individual players and the team

No other manager in the history of football has ever faced league opponents with such a financial advantage.

... And with those advantages delivered the league, so far unbeaten, and probably In the region of 40 points by the end - I'd say he has done what was expected and this squad and this manager have not found their level yet!

I don't know how to compare it properly, but if you were racing in a Ferrari against a 10 year old 1 litre Clio, the Ferrari is going to win, even if the driver isn't that great.

That is how I feel about our title wins, we have spent so much more than the opposition, that anything less than a win is a catastrophe.

Rangers have won the league at a canter for the basic reason that we have the best players. Unfortunately it has been shown in recent weeks that whilst those players are comfortable in division 1 they were unable to raise their game against better opposition.

I think any manager in the senior and junior game in Scotland would have struggled not to win the league with our resources and budget.

... And with those advantages delivered the league, so far unbeaten, and probably In the region of 40 points by the end - I'd say he has done what was expected and this squad and this manager have not found their level yet!

You are as deluded as him. Winning the league was a given at the start of the season yet we are nowhere near ready for a real push at the Championship or in contention to challenge for a cup.

I'm actually serious when saying a monkey could be our coach in the dugout and the players would win the league.

Rolf Harris may get involved though if players started booting the ball at its arse

You are as deluded as him. Winning the league was a given at the start of the season yet we are nowhere near ready for a real push at the Championship or in contention to challenge for a cup.

Really? You don't think we are in shape to challenge for the Championship??

Unfortunately if you want him gone and he won't do it by resigning the only way I see it is by singing it from the stands at a home game before the end of the season... But that is not the Rangers way... Which I think is a load of shite !

Really? You don't think we are in shape to challenge for the Championship??

Based on what I have seen I think we will lose and draw a few games. The Championship is a step up in quality, fitness and experience and the clubs we play will see it as a big scalp to beat us.

We should have enough to win it but there is something way wrong at Rangers just now and without major changes it is likely to be a long, hard slog.

I can appreciate this is an emotive subject for some like yourself but calling an alternative view a moronic argument simply because you disagree is hardly a good debating point. I believe that McDowall, or Durrant or Stewart or Durie could have won the league this year. I will go further and state that every single opposing manager in our division could have won the league as our manager. Where I think there would have been a difference is that some of them would have probably had us playing better football because frankly, it would be hard to see us play any worse.

Based on what I have seen I think we will lose and draw a few games. The Championship is a step up in quality, fitness and experience and the clubs we play will see it as a big scalp to beat us.

We should have enough to win it but there is something way wrong at Rangers just now and without major changes it is likely to be a long, hard slog.

As long as you are withdrawing your earlier nonsense that's cool.