Super Jig wearing the No.2 shirt to-day

Costly

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why today? Why not last week?

Clutching at impressing fans Jig? The respects, plaudits and gestures have been made.

Let's let Sandy sleep.

I can't believe I read that.

I think the last thing on Lee's mind was impressing fans. Great gesture, for one of Rangers' best.

I can't believe I read that.

I think the last thing on Lee's mind was impressing fans. Great gesture, for one of Rangers' best.

He could have done it last week? No?

No need to take the Mourning to the extreme.

Like I said, let him be at peace.

I thought we all wore the number 2 last week? I might have read it wrong though.

Hardly. His funeral was only yesterday.

Only on the shorts.

Yes Sandy was laid to rest yesterday. Let's let his family get on with dealing with their loss.

I just don't think gestures like these need to be ripped. Keep the happy memories.

He could have done it last week? No?

No need to take the Mourning to the extreme.

Like I said, let him be at peace.

Our players wore the number 2 on their shorts last week that's why. Jig will never be the player Sandy was, but our captain wearing the number 2 on the day we finish the season undefeated is a mark of respected to Sandy. You come across as a disrespectful rodent btw.

Our players wore the number 2 on their shorts last week that's why. Jig will never be the player Sandy was, but our captain wearing the number 2 on the day we finish the season undefeated is a mark of respected to Sandy. You come across as a disrespectful rodent btw.

Fuck off disrespectful. I was as devastated as anyone when the news of Sandy's passing broke.

The man was laid to rest yesterday, now it's his family's time to mourn.

McCulloch could have worn it last week as a mark of respect. Not the day after the mans funeral.

No, it was the whole team!

Just wondering if it was just a personal tribute from him as he chose to wear #2 today as well. Nice touch having that on the tops though.

As my earlier post says, I don't feel wearing the #2 jersey is really a big gesture unless it's a long term thing that he plans on making that jersey his own. If it's only for today's game though then that does make it a bit "gimmicky".

That's only my opinion though I realise not everyone will agree.

Before yet another thread descends into mudslinging, can we just drop the personal stuff? Can't believe a team wide gesture could be seen as disrespectful, but lets just agree to disagree. I'm sure the last thing on peoples minds on Thursday 24th April night was how good a gesture to have on the Saturday. Perhaps it would have taken too long to do the whole squad?

Anyway, you know what, if they want it on each team shirt from now to eternity....that's more than fine with me!

Fuck off disrespectful. I was as devastated as anyone when the news of Sandy's passing broke.

The man was laid to rest yesterday, now it's his family's time to mourn.

McCulloch could have worn it last week as a mark of respect. Not the day after the mans funeral.

you are the only one who has an issue with it. Never a Bear! Sad excuse for a human being. Banned in 10...9......8.....