Another Ally Thread

gogzy

It is starting to look very likely that Ally is going to be in charge next season, he has started letting players go, and looking for replacements, and i have seen no indication that the board are going to get rid of him for next season.

This has led me to thinking that it is going to be a hell of a long season if we go into it with a crowd mentality of "Ally is pish and he should be out the door". We will end up driving ourselves mental if we think like that.

I ( tin hat on here) feel that we should try once more to get behind him and give him our full support while he is the manager of the football club. We have to try and be optimistic that he can change our minds and make us eat our words, I would love nothing ore than for him to manage it, and i am sure there are many like me.

We are going to be in a slightly more competitive league next season,and this should hopefully see our bigger players start to improve, and if we are being challenged from other teams, and not building up a HUGE lead.... this could lead the players to stop switching off after xmas and giving us a half season of pish.

we have played some nice football at times ( granted less often than more) so there might be light at the end of the tunnel.

Not sure if I can take another whole season of bears on RM raging at every decision, and generally being in a terrible mood :lol:

I know most will dismiss this, and tbh i don't blame them at all, but i am an optimist at heart, he might come into his own next season and beyond.

I still feel he has been badly let down by a lot of the "bigger" players in the team over the season, guys like black and law, daly...hell half the team seemed to stop givnig a fuck after xmas, that alone shows how little "Rangers class" type players we currently have at the club.

Some nice dealings in the transfer market could see us come good yet :21: :21: :21:

WATP

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you cut him open and stuffed Alex Ferguson,Brian Clough and Jose Mourinho in there he would still never make a manager

:lol:

But the point is, he IS OUR manager.

I know it wont be a popular opinion, and i am far from convinced that he has what it takes. But shouldn't "supporters" well support.

Just trying to put something optimistic out there mate, hell the board might surprise us all and get rid of him.

I like it Gogzy. We've all had a gripe at Ally this season and we've not excelled to the impossible standards some on here would have you believe another manager would bring so it's time to look forward and stop the sly digs at a club legend who's doing all he can to improve us.

:lol:

But the point is, he IS OUR manager.

I know it wont be a popular opinion, and i am far from convinced that he has what it takes. But shouldn't "supporters" well support.

Just trying to put something optimistic out there mate, hell the board might surprise us all and get rid of him.

I support the team

He is dragging the team down and has been almost since day one

I cannot support him as manager while he hurts the team

I support the team

He is dragging the team down and has been almost since day one

I cannot support him as manager while he hurts the team

fair enough, that mentality confuses me.

I'd like for him to be moved on, and I would like a new manager to get a crack at it, but while he is the manager i feel i have to at least try and give him my support.

I have always done so, with every manager in my memory, and pretty much every player. While they are on our books, they get my support.

Each to their own though (tu)

I see where you're coming from Gogzy, but how can guys like Law, & Daly not kick their own arse for half a season, and still not be dropped.

again, a fair point.

This thread isn't about listing his faults, we have done so, ad nauseam in countless other threads. We all know his faults. i just felt like trying to insert some positivity for a change :lol:

I don't think it is that confusing.

As I said it is all about the team and the club.

If a player was problematic and causing problems for the team I would want to see him moved on for the good of the club as a whole. My view on Ally is exactly the same.

I don't go shouting abuse at him

I don't post personal abuse about him

I still view him as a legend of a player and wish him all the best

but

I simply don't want him as our manager as I believe it would benefit the club if he went

I don't think it is that confusing.

As I said it is all about the team and the club.

If a player was problematic and causing problems for the team I would want to see him moved on for the good of the club as a whole. My view on Ally is exactly the same.

I don't go shouting abuse at him

I don't post personal abuse about him

I still view him as a legend of a player and wish him all the best

but

I simply don't want him as our manager as I believe it would benefit the club if he went

I agree with all of that.

But he is our manager,and it looks like he is going to be next season at least. If we go into it with the mindset that we want him out at all costs then it's gonna be very hard for him to do ANYTHING that will change that mindset.

I dont actually disagree with anything you have said.

I have stated since our first season on the road back that Ally has been a disappointment as a manager. Woeful cup performances, rancid quality of football and a total lack of youth development or of a footballing ethos.

So an Ally fan? Well not exactly.

However if he continues as manager I will critique his decisions and his team selections but I'll try to be supportive as that is what the manager of the Rangers deserves.

Happy to criticise the message without shooting the messenger, but I really would rather he left and a replacement be found.

I just can't do it. I was fully behind him despite all his mistakes until we drew with Albion Rovers. I can't put any more energy into defending him especially when I think it's going to be twice as bad next season and I am utterly dreading our return to the top flight

Fair enough, maybe I worded my second post badly as obviously like you I do hope he will come good and would gladly see him prove me wrong

Perhaps I should add that I have renewed my season ticket again despite only making it to one league match last season( and 2 the previous) so I am not really in the "out at all costs" faction or i would be giving it the " I'm not renewing until he goes" crap

My opinion of his abilities as manager does not over-ride my loyalty to the club

I just can't do it. I was fully behind him despite all his mistakes until we drew with Albion Rovers. I can't put any more energy into defending him especially when I think it's going to be twice as bad next season and I am utterly dreading our return to the top flight

You can't get behind the team and manager?

I have stated since our first season on the road back that Ally has been a disappointment as a manager. Woeful cup performances, rancid quality of football and a total lack of youth development or of a footballing ethos.

So an Ally fan? Well not exactly.

However if he continues as manager I will critique his decisions and his team selections but I'll try to be supportive as that is what the manager of the Rangers deserves.

Happy to criticise the message without shooting the messenger, but I really would rather he left and a replacement be found.

We obviously share the same sentiment but you have put it so much more eloquently than I did.

We obviously share the same sentiment but you have put it so much more eloquently than I did.

I think most people share that sentiment but the moral of the thread is Ally's going to be here next season and as long as he is we should get behind him.

I think most people share that sentiment but the moral of the thread is Ally's going to be here next season and as long as he is we should get behind him.

at least untill he fucks up in the cups again, or starts losing games in the league :lol: