What's the position with TV deal for 2014/15?

Tontospal

Does anyone know what the position is for the Championship games next season?

Can't help thinking the SFL club's, excluding Hamilton, will be regretting joining forces with the SPL now.

They could have negotiated a few Bob with the broadcasters for next season yet I won't be surprised if more Premiership games are shown despite the winner being known now and there being no excitement until the split and relegation matches and play-offs.

Empty stadiums, highland, Tayside and Lancashire derbies versus sold out signs, the biggest club in the land v 3rd & 5th biggest and edinburgh derbies.

If the scum don't qualify for the CL there will be little interest in the top league for almost a full season.

With Rangers getting the highest viewing figures in the past two years, all the money from Scottish football's TV deal has went to the teams in the top league.

I don't imagine it'll change - especially now that the SFL and SPL are no longer separate bodies.

As the man says - the camera's will be following Rangers, the viewers will be tuned in for the journey to continue. Unfortunately, the money will be falling into the pockets of Hamilton Accies, Inverness and St Mirren.

I didn't realise that the majority of the TV money goes to the top league. I thought that the whole point of reorganisation was to help the clubs lower down. You'd think the TV companies would be more interested in what's happening in the Championship, especially if we lose a couple of games.

Can't see where the excitement is in the Premiership! Everybody already knows who'll win that.

I liked this on the BBC website

"The Championship has now become the marquee division in Scotland, the place where so many of our Saturdays and Sundays will be spent come the new season. The television companies will be scratching their heads. Their box-office teams are dropping like flies out of the top flight."

Can't wait for August - bring it on.....

I'm more interested to see how Hibs now structure themselves financially. Hearts are basically preparing themselves for a 5 year slog, with a floating pot of £1m just now.

Hibs need a new team, because even 70% of the one they have now would probably struggle against top 5 Champ.

If we can sign 2 decent strikers and 1 decent CB we'd be fine.