Luis Suarez

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's bitten opponents three times on the field of play. If FIFA don't punish him to their fullest capacity, which is a 2 year ban, then chiellini is correct, they do protect their stars. A lifetime ban is not too severe, in my opinion, but it's not an option, unfortunately.

Totally agree mate. I can see FIFA being lenient, but he should be banned for years. Hes obviously not learned.

Will Cheillini miss any football because of it? Seems a bit like sour grapes from the Italian.

Not excusing Suarez, filthy action but at least he didn't break anyone's leg.

If you break someone's leg in a tackle, at the very least, you have the fact that a tackle is part the game on your side.

Totally agree mate. I can see FIFA being lenient, but he should be banned for years. Hes obviously not learned.

I would suggest he doesn't have the capacity to learn. If you're in your 20's and don't understand that that is now way to conduct yourself, there's not much hope for you. It now transcends football. He has viciously and maliciously assaulted opponents 3 times and some don't believe he should be banned for he game? Remove the footballing aspect and let's say it jimmy the junkie committing these acts in Glasgow city centre, would he be imprisoned? Your absolutely right he would and no one on here, or elsewhere, would criticise a punishment to the full extent of the law.

That's not the issue. It's an irrelevant and rather silly point.

As is your point about it being time for him to become a street cleaner or a waiter? What do you mean by that?

What Roy Keane did to Haaland was worse and given the choice, I would prefer a nibble on the shoulder.

I think the real question is why would a lifetime ban be too severe after three separate occasions of biting an opponent?

7 games, 10 games, life just doesn't seem a natural progression to me.

Look, the guy's a fucking idiot, but I'm just curious what it is about biting that upsets everyone so much. It's not really dangerous, the worst it could leave you with is a mark for a few days. Far less dangerous than a studs-up tackle, a high challenge, a scissor tackle, a headbutt to the chest etc. I fully accept that it's a mental thing to do, but if you want to start banning people from their professions for life for having minor mental illnesses, I'd say you're on pretty shaky ground.

I'd add that I find it hilarious how many people on here will happily laugh and joke about abducted schoolgirls or people who die in air crashes, but the sight of a super-rich, super-healthy Italian man with a red mark on his shoulder has them morally outraged and choking back the tears. :lol:

Of course it's relevant. It proves that what he did was not dangerous.

Not it doesn't.

Biting is dangerous. As is spitting on someone. Both can spread disease and can't be a natural part of an attempt to tackle or challenge for the ball,

It's just an aggressive act and for a third time offender, he must be punished to the fullest extent.

I can see other teams using this against him in future, by legally challenging his right to play against them, given the inherent dangers of his repeated actions.

Not it doesn't.

Biting is dangerous. As is spitting on someone. Both can spread disease and can't be a natural part of an attempt to tackle or challenge for the ball,

It's just an aggressive act and for a third time offender, he must be punished to the fullest extent.

I can see other teams using this against him in future, by legally challenging his right to play against them, given the inherent dangers of his repeated actions.

What disease do you think he is spreading? :lol: As you say, it's the third time he's done it and I genuinely don't recall anyone outside of this thread suggesting it could spread disease. It's not dangerous, that isn't the issue.

What disease do you think he is spreading? :lol: As you say, it's the third time he's done it and I genuinely don't recall anyone outside of this thread suggesting it could spread disease. It's not dangerous, that isn't the issue.

You're simply wrong on that. For a start, it can spread HIV, hepatitis, syphilis and pretty much any virus.

Away and Google "is biting dangerous?"!

Of course you'd rather have a bite than career ending injury from a tackle but that doesn't make it right . Bite someone on the street and you'd be looking at a heavier sentence than a punch , dependant on the injury of course . A bite is a horrible, disgusting and vile thing to do . I've played & watched for football for years , boxed and done other sports and personally never seen anybody do it other than Suarez (I'm aware of Defoe but wasn't watching that) . It's just incredible .

Suarez has done this three times and seems to be showing no signs of 'learning his lesson' despite 7 & 10 game bans.

As is your point about it being time for him to become a street cleaner or a waiter? What do you mean by that?

What Roy Keane did to Haaland was worse and given the choice, I would prefer a nibble on the shoulder.

You do know biting people can lead to them catching infection and disease right?

It clearly can :lol:

Maybe you should do some reading up on the issue...

Biting though....its a bit strange isn't it? Not kicking or punching but biting from a grown man. How peculiar.

That's what I find baffling . I think a lot of us have , throughout their lives , had fights and thrown punches maybe headbutts or kicks but who bites somebody ? It's as you say just so peculiar .

That's what I find baffling . I think a lot of us have , throughout their lives , had fights and thrown punches maybe headbutts or kicks but who bites somebody ? It's as you say just so peculiar .

Unless you're held in a headlock or something, it's completely inexplicable and unacceptable.

Unless you're held in a headlock or something, it's completely inexplicable and unacceptable.

I can imagine if 'fighting for my life' circumstances where as you say exactly that, where you'd try and get free but for that to be your 'go to' manoeuvre especially when your not in a confrontation is something I just can't get my head around.

7 games, 10 games, life just doesn't seem a natural progression to me.

Look, the guy's a fucking idiot, but I'm just curious what it is about biting that upsets everyone so much. It's not really dangerous, the worst it could leave you with is a mark for a few days. Far less dangerous than a studs-up tackle, a high challenge, a scissor tackle, a headbutt to the chest etc. I fully accept that it's a mental thing to do, but if you want to start banning people from their professions for life for having minor mental illnesses, I'd say you're on pretty shaky ground.

I'd add that I find it hilarious how many people on here will happily laugh and joke about abducted schoolgirls or people who die in air crashes, but the sight of a super-rich, super-healthy Italian man with a red mark on his shoulder has them morally outraged and choking back the tears. :lol:

:blink:

Wow. Just, wow! :lol: