Game / Console trade ins

fuckthespl

I am just wondering if any of you guys have had any experience with trading in games or consoles.

I have a PSP with about 10 games, 1 white 360 (with the 20 gig hard drive), 1 black 360 (with the 250 gig hard drive), a bunch of controllers and about 40+ games. I am just wondering if I have a chance of getting something half decent back on all of this (£150 or so?) and I can then put some extra cash towards that and then go with a next gen console.

Where have you had the best experiences with trying to trade in?

Always have a look on gumtree too and see what they are going for, I just got rid of a PS3 slimline (older slimline) and got £90 which was a hell of a lot more than what CeX and Game were offering. Wee bit more hassle obviously and expect to get numpties offering you pointless shit for it... Someone asked me if I wanted to swap for a 360 even though I said reason im selling my PS3 is because I sold my 360 and have an Xbox One so didnt need it doh but if you can get an extra 20/30 quid all the better.

I would imagine you'd clear £150 no problem.

Unlikely to be honest.. a lot of shops don't take older revisions of PS3, 360's and PSP's anymore. 40 odd games doesn't mean much either given they could all be shite from years ago that aren't worth a pound. PSP games are for the most part worthless as trade ins..

I think he'd struggle to get anywhere near that.

I am just wondering if any of you guys have had any experience with trading in games or consoles.

I have a PSP with about 10 games, 1 white 360 (with the 20 gig hard drive), 1 black 360 (with the 250 gig hard drive), a bunch of controllers and about 40+ games. I am just wondering if I have a chance of getting something half decent back on all of this (£150 or so?) and I can then put some extra cash towards that and then go with a next gen console.

Where have you had the best experiences with trying to trade in?

game will give you about a tenner for all that mate :D

Better off going with eBay.

Game are one of the worst for trade ins I always thought?

Depending on the model of 360's will depend on what you get, if it's the newer slim ones then maybe you could get that money and of course depending on what games it is. If it's like FIFA 13 and GTA 4 then you will get hee haw.

I asked in game and they said they would buy the slim 360 from me for £60 and the kinect for £10. I think I will go straight to gumtree instead :lol:

If you have facebook try your local buy,sell and swap page..

gumtree is full of spammers and timewasters.

Game will buy it for £60 but if you trade it in (360 slim 250gb) you'll get £70 BUT you must have all the original equipment that came in the box ,,, i took my sons to Game with a play and charge included and they wouldn't take it because the controller didn't have the battery holder, i had that at home and had to go back to the store the next day. I also traded in about 40 games and got £95 but those included BF4 and the latest FIFA ,,, so i would say the trade in value will depend on how new your games are (they won't even take FIFA 12 lol). I got shot of them because i got him a PS4 and used the trade in to get BF4, PS+ and a set of Triton headphones and saved me the cash outlay which i'm happy about. One other thing ,,, don't go to CEX as they offer a bit less than Game but if you go to both websites (Game and CEX) you can find out prices in the trade in section and compare them both.