Kenny Miller last night

He put a shift in but that's where the praise ends for me, first touch is as bad as always, he's lost about 10 yards of pace and still can't make that final telling pass to get Boyd in, spent half his time turning and running back towards his midfield which I'll give him was their problem just as much as his for being so far behind the ball.

I thought Zaliukas had a good game as well, put in a decent shift.

Zaliliukas was terrible in the second half,let the hibs guy in for a one on one with bell got a comedy booking where the guy beat him twice

Never won a header,and watch the goal again he gave the ball away inthe lead up to it,he looked knackered at 50 mins,against a hibs team with no decent forwards

This has a terrible sense of deja vu all around it....

Thought Boyd WAS supposed to be fit - played virtually all last season top goal scorer - second coming of the messiah etc.

Time will tell, but in the pre season stuff and last night, not seen too much to impress.

Exactly right. It's the same old Boyd: can't move into good positions, can't run, can't head the ball (or even jump). He'll score a few goals against the wee teams, as he always did, but otherwise it's like playing each game with ten men. This is the same guy (only older and fatter) we couldn't play against European teams and who never did anything against Celtic. Another masterful signing by the worst manager in our history.

Exactly right. It's the same old Boyd: can't move into good positions, can't run, can't head the ball (or even jump). He'll score a few goals against the wee teams, as he always did, but otherwise it's like playing each game with ten men. This is the same guy (only older and fatter) we couldn't play against European teams and who never did anything against Celtic. Another masterful signing by the worst manager in our history.

Mentioned this last night at the game, Daly gets dogs abuse for being to immobile but he won 90% of the balls punted up to him giving the team a chance to get forward, every ball sent up to Boyd came straight back down with interest last night. As it seems we are incapable of playing football without punting the ball long then I would suggest its going to be a long hard season for us and Boyd.

Mentioned this last night at the game, Daly gets dogs abuse for being to immobile but he won 90% of the balls punted up to him giving the team a chance to get forward, every ball sent up to Boyd came straight back down with interest last night. As it seems we are incapable of playing football without punting the ball long then I would suggest its going to be a long hard season for us and Boyd.

You're right - I said last night that at least Daly would hold the ball up for us (and he would have played Miller in a few times), win the ball in the air, and offer a threat at corners and free kicks. Daly suffered last season because he didn't have someone like Miller alongside him. He would be a far better option (even with the dodgy knees) than Boyd.

You're right - I said last night that at least Daly would hold the ball up for us (and he would have played Miller in a few times), win the ball in the air, and offer a threat at corners and free kicks. Daly suffered last season because he didn't have someone like Miller alongside him. He would be a far better option (even with the dodgy knees) than Boyd.

daly better than boyd.... oh dear. I honestly think boyd played well.last night. Miller cracking as always

The thing with Miller and Boyd which I like is they both demand a certain kind of delivery, a certain standard, they won't expect any different. Hopefully that message gets across the whole side and throughout the season we learn to play on the deck or at least if it's a longer ball it's into a channel or with an idea behind it, not just a hump down the middle see what happens.

daly better than boyd.... oh dear. I honestly think boyd played well.last night. Miller cracking as always

I thought Miller was fine last night (and I didn't want us to sign him) - he seems to be coping OK with he loss of some pace and still has a lot to offer. I honestly couldn't see what Boyd was offering though.

I thought Miller was fine last night (and I didn't want us to sign him) - he seems to be coping OK with he loss of some pace and still has a lot to offer. I honestly couldn't see what Boyd was offering though.

Boyd needs service, he didn't get much last night, the couple of decent balls into the box last night he almost scored from.

Really? I didn't see anything to suggest anything other than the Boyd of old. To be fair he didn't have much service. Why keep punting the ball high to him when he appears incapable of jumping more than half a foot.

He was over at McCoist several times obviously unhappy at the way things were going. Was making all the right runs but wasn't getting any decent service.

Didn't play particularly well last night but always puts a shift in which can't be said for everyone.