Terry butcher

ScottBF2

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing how many men who contributed to countless trophies and titles for Rangers are so easily rubbished on here.

Butcher was a great captain, inspirational and worth any ten of the current squad.

Some on here are even more easily offended than our mhanky neighbours

Fuck up, it's only tims backing him now so it says more about you that you want to protect a man actively harming our club.

Who's backing him?

Whatever your opinion on his performance, he's like you and me, a bear. As such, he'll be treated with the respect that goes with it.

He can be reomved from his job with dignity and respect quite easily. The gutter shite you're delving into.... I thought was beneath most bears. And to use your analysis, tim-like.

Who's backing him?

Whatever your opinion on his performance, he's like you and me, a bear. As such, he'll be treated with the respect that goes with it.

He can be reomved from his job with dignity and respect quite easily. The gutter shite you're delving into.... I thought was beneath most bears. And to use your analysis, tim-like.

You backed his signing policy the other day :lol:

Dignity and respect? Is that what we have right now, yeh?

He will get the respect he's earned from his performances in the dug out, nothing.

Who's backing him?

So because you think he's a bear he should be given automatic respect, wells that a load of pish.

Respect is earned in all walks of life it's never given because of your position, and McCoist has done very little recently for much respect.

I always thought he put the boot in at every opportunity after he left us. Did he not also do something with jelly and ice cream when we were in admin? I remember some picture of him doing that and the bheasts having a field day with it?

When he was at Inverness he did some publicity with a local ice cream firm or the like. Don't remember there being any jelly being involved. I wouldn't worry too much about the braying of the yahoos.

I remembering being quoted saying he wouldn't wish managing an "old firm" club on anyone and that it's far too intrusive on your private life for him to consider taking up the job (bearing in mind he was never asked to take the job) but for me the bottom line is, I wouldn't want him as manager of Rangers as I personally think he's a shite manager and his reign at hibs was nothing short of catostrophic. I can't see why anyone would want to take a punt on Butcher to be honest.

You backed his signing policy the other day :lol:

Dignity and respect? Is that what we have right now, yeh?

He will get the respect he's earned from his performances in the dug out, nothing.

Of course the signing policy was correct, when you're left with transfer embargos and no scouting system it's difficult to do much else when you simply MUST get promoted...anything else was leaving us at risk of a longer stay in the lower divisions...I also said he's not making the most of it now too and should leave it to someone else to get the best out of this lot.

Some people have very very short memories.

These days, Butcher is a patron of anti-sectarianism charity Nil By Mouth and he wishes, in retrospect, he had the courage to pull on a Celt*c shirt while at Ibrox.

He said: "Had I thought about it at the time, I would have changed shirts with Roy Aitken after an Old Firm game because it would have been an unbelievable gesture.

"It would have been greeted by silence, but I think it would have been one of the best things that could have happened He added: "I remember when I moved to Coventry, it was as if a huge weight had been taken off my shoulders.

"I swore I would leave it all behind and not bother with religion in football again. After I left, there was a time when I had an ache and desire to be at Rangers, to work there, a real emotional gut feeling.

"I would have crawled over broken glass for the club. But as time moved on, the club changed, and so did I, to be honest.

"As manager of Motherwell, I want to beat Rangers as much as Celt*c and everyone else.

"But back in the late 1980s, I never thought that could happen because Rangers were everything to me at the time.

"Some fans might not understand my change in attitude but to me, winning is everything.

"Just ask Sir Alex Ferguson how much he wanted to beat Rangers, a team he, too, used to play for

Who's backing him?

This doesn't apply to McCoist at all, it's more of a general observation, but I absolutely hate it when people come out with this 'reasoning' for how you should treat other fans.

I, along with plenty of other people, have encountered plenty of our fans who are arseholes. Anybody, bear or not, has to earn my respect. Simply supporting the same team as I do doesn't give somebody a free pass.