McCoist promotion through playoffs acceptable

cumnockbear

if this was the way we won promotion we would accept it as that is our ambition to get to the top division, but as a statement it is totally unacceptable to say we would settle for second place this early in the season. as a side could Ally be trying to get out of his job with some of his statements ?

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if this was the way we won promotion we would accept it as that is our ambition to get to the top division, but as a statement it is totally unacceptable to say we would settle for second place this early in the season. as a side could Ally be trying to get out of his job with some of his statements ?

Is that the statements he actually states, or the other ones that people pretend he said?

Maybe he accepts our team full of freebies aren't as good as everyone thinks...

Aren't good enough to win the Championship!? Nae bother.

Shiels and Law were in the SPL team of the year before they came here. Zaliukas, Mohsni, Black and Miller all internationals or have been at some point. Templeton cost us near enough £1 million. Boyd and Daly proven goal scoreres in Scottish football.

Jesus fuck .Everyone disagreeing over words he did or didn't say . It's his actions on inactions that are getting on 95% of bears tits .

HE HAS TO GO AND SOON ...... For God sake please.

Which is absolutely where any debate should be, some of us pedantic souls get annoyed when people feel the need to make up stuff to have a go at him for, that's all.

Perhaps he doesn't understand the famous quote of Bill Struth....and what position you would be in to "let the others come after us, we welcome the chase".

You've missed a lot of that quote out. Mr. Struth also said "Never fear, inevitably we shall have our years of failure, and when they arrive, we must reveal tolerance and sanity. No matter the days of anxiety that come our way, we shall emerge stronger because of the trials to be overcome."

You've missed a lot of that quote out. Mr. Struth also said "Never fear, inevitably we shall have our years of failure, and when they arrive, we must reveal tolerance and sanity. No matter the days of anxiety that come our way, we shall emerge stronger because of the trials to be overcome."

No, I quoted the relevant part after Alistair's crass working his ticket press conference...."let the others come after us, we welcome the chase". self explanatory.

No, I quoted the relevant part after Alistair's crass working his ticket press conference...."let the others come after us, we welcome the chase". self explanatory.

When asked 'would you accept promotion via the playoffs?' Would you rather he answered no? Or would you accept 'we want to win the league but if that's how we go up then so be it'?

When asked 'would you accept promotion via the playoffs?' Would you rather he answered no? Or would you accept 'we want to win the league but if that's how we go up then so be it'?

If Alistair was as double wide as he and some others think.. he would have answered thus;

"I am the manager of The Rangers....you really expect an answer to that question.......next".

If Alistair was as double wide as he and some others think.. he would have answered thus;

"I am the manager of The Rangers....you really expect an answer to that question.......next".

And then when he answered a question in that manner you could all jump on him for being arrogant/not answering the question/being disrespectful to the following who pay his wages

And then when he answered a question in that manner you could all jump on him for being arrogant/not answering the question/being disrespectful to the following who pay his wages

I suppose you could, I wouldn't as it would have been what I would expect from any Rangers manager. (tu)

Journos asked him a shite question, Ally answers back with - if we get up, we'll take it. No real issues with that, it isn't acceptable but we do need to get back up this year as champions if we have any shred of credibility left.

I tend to ignore McCoists interviews, it's usually bland, boring or a statement that completely sits on the fence and offers zero insight into his thinking or plans. When he does say something it's so basic you can't really argue with the point he's made, he plays that role well, he'll always get in front of a mic and anyone would be hard pressed to call him on something he's just said, mainly because it's a vaugue statement that encompasses the whole teams failings and then he highlights the other teams willingness to work hard and congratulates them. I would love to ask him why the fuck he thought he'd leave temps on the bench, Aird on the bench and play two players out wide who aren't wide men? What purpose did that serve? If you don't rate temps and Aird, why punt McKay out on loan and then be left with Peralta and smith out fucking wide? :lol: baffling.

This interview is the tip of the iceberg for most on here, we've been saying for years he's devoid of ideas, fresh coaching methods and management ability. Ach well, he's lucky we've got the worst board/investors in history that the constant turmoil off field is taking precedence over the on field issues.

The fans need something to rally behind, McCoist has driven the chance of a complete rebuild out the window, now we need someone with a proven track record at coaching and progressing players. Not easy to come by.

Having said that, 3-1 to the gers the day :D

I suppose you could, I wouldn't as it would have been what I would expect from any Rangers manager. (tu)

You'd expect a Rangers manager to avoid any question that has an answer that may be twisted to suit? You know he said automatic promotion is the target right?

You'd expect a Rangers manager to avoid any question that has an answer that may be twisted to suit? You know he said automatic promotion is the target right?

No he didn't and he showed a shocking lack of knowledge as how promotion works in the division, for one allegedly media savvy Alistair showed an appalling lack of savvy....or did he...

No he didn't and he showed a shocking lack of knowledge as how promotion works in the division, for one allegedly media savvy Alistair showed an appalling lack of savvy....or did he...

Ah, are you back to trying to operate in the realms of the reality of what he actually said now, it does take a modicum of effort to keep up who your variable standards of accuracy