McCoist promotion through playoffs acceptable

cumnockbear

No he didn't and he showed a shocking lack of knowledge as how promotion works in the division, for one allegedly media savvy Alistair showed an appalling lack of savvy....or did he...

Read his quotes again. If you look beyond the headline you might actually see it.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Read his quotes again. If you look beyond the headline you might actually see it.

You mean.........

"You've got two automatic promotions then I think that's the target. I've said all along the target is to get back to the top flight as soon as possible". ;)

You mean.........

"You've got two automatic promotions then I think that's the target. I've said all along the target is to get back to the top flight as soon as possible". ;)

"If you've got two promotions, automatic promotions no matter by how many points, I think that's the target. I don't have any doubt, and I've said all along the target is to get back to the top flight as soon as possible.

Winning the league the first year, winning the league the second year then you'd have to say; and it's not fair or me to judge if it's good, bad or indifferent, I think it would be difficult to argue it wouldn't be job done in that department."

"If you've got two promotions, automatic promotions no matter by how many points, I think that's the target. I don't have any doubt, and I've said all along the target is to get back to the top flight as soon as possible.

Winning the league the first year, winning the league the second year then you'd have to say; and it's not fair or me to judge if it's good, bad or indifferent, I think it would be difficult to argue it wouldn't be job done in that department."

Do you have a point...........apart from there not being "two automatic" promotions or are you as poorly versed in promotion as Alistair is. (tu)

We've not had two automatic promotions? Are you as poorly versed in the clubs recent history as it appears?

You obviously have contextual difficulties, wee Sanderson and Big Malky to name but two,,,would be birling if they could see the standards to which their once lauded profession has fallen. Once you are able to apply the relevant logic and context to Alistair's bizzare comments you may be able to join the debate sensibly. (tu)

You obviously have contextual difficulties, wee Sanderson and Big Malky to name but two,,,would be birling if they could see the standards to which their once lauded profession has fallen. Once you are able to apply the relevant logic and context to Alistair's bizzare comments you may be able to join the debate sensibly. (tu)

I wouldn't hold your breath

McCoist is speaking about our two previous promotions, he's not claiming that there is two automatic promotion places from the Championship. (tu)

Of course he was :lol: :lol: :lol:

"You've got two automatic promotions then I think that's the target. I've said all along the target is to get back to the top flight as soon as possible.

"It's not for me to judge or to say how good, bad or indifferent it is but I think it would be difficult to argue against it not being job done in that department.

Here is the question McCoist was asked and his response.

Q: Do you think given the resources you've had and what you've delivered, certainly within the league and combined with some disappointing cup results, is that record defendable?

AMcC: If you've got two promotions, automatic promotions no matter by how many points, I think that's the target. I don't have any doubt, and I've said all along the target is to get back to the top flight as soon as possible.

Winning the league the first year, winning the league the second year then you'd have to say; and it's not fair or me to judge if it's good, bad or indifferent, I think it would be difficult to argue it wouldn't be job done in that department.

http://sport.stv.tv/...e_redirect=true

Watch the video from 1.50 (where the question begins).

Q: Do you think given the resources you've had and what you've delivered, certainly within the league and combined with some disappointing cup results, is that record defendable?

AMcC: If you've got two promotions, automatic promotions no matter by how many points, I think that's the target. I don't have any doubt, and I've said all along the target is to get back to the top flight as soon as possible.

Winning the league the first year, winning the league the second year then you'd have to say; and it's not fair or me to judge if it's good, bad or indifferent, I think it would be difficult to argue it wouldn't be job done in that department.

Apologies OK can see where your coming from listening to that again, the quotes that I had highlighted and which appear in the abbreviated written version of the STV interview are obviously seeded for maximum effect even though they are taken by the written article totally out of context when compared to the video....STV another added to the triple check list.....it was so much simpler when wee Jimmy was strutting his stuff......the original "are you accusing me of mendacity", happy days and great phone ins with Richard "Ibrox" Park and wee Jimmy.

http://tinyurl.com/clyde-261

Apologies OK can see where your coming from listening to that again, the quotes that I had highlighted and which appear in the abbreviated written version of the STV interview are obviously seeded for maximum effect even though they are taken by the written article totally out of context when compared to the video....STV another added to the triple check list.....it was so much simpler when wee Jimmy was strutting his stuff......the original "are you accusing me of mendacity", happy days and great phone ins with Richard "Ibrox" Park and wee Jimmy.

http://tinyurl.com/clyde-261

Richard park was a beggar lover mate .In fact I would say between him and Cooney ,they turned that show into what it is today .A beggar lovers fest .

Richard park was a beggar lover mate .In fact I would say between him and Cooney ,they turned that show into what it is today .A beggar lovers fest .

BJK bestowed the soubriquet Richard "Ibrox" Park, for no other reason than Doctor Dick is one of us, could there ever be a better reason.

You must have a fucking boring life.