McCoist promotion through playoffs acceptable

cumnockbear

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What am I defending? I am pointing out a fact, which is that he didn't say acceptable, it really is that simple.

No it isn't.

You can argue semantics all you fucking want.

Did he say the word acceptable? No.

But his verbiage effectively said it was acceptable and that is unacceptable.

Of course it's acceptable, we need to progress, this is the only thing that is important. So it's acceptable in the sense that we would accept it, no one is going to say we don't deserve to be there if we get in through the playoffs.

However, if Ally can't win the league, and we have to rely on a playoff the get up to the top flight, then from a managerial standpoint it is far from acceptable and he should hang his head in shame for not being able to win the league, which we really should be destroying.

EDIT: he should not be the manager if he fails to WIN this league.

Of course it's acceptable, we need to progress, this is the only thing that is important. So it's acceptable in the sense that we would accept it, no one is going to say we don't deserve to be there if we get in through the playoffs.

However, if Ally can't win the league, and we have to rely on a playoff the get up to the top flight, then from a managerial standpoint it is far from acceptable and he should hang his head in shame for not being able to win the league, which we really should be destroying.

That doesn't make any sense to me.

Listen to it again or get a grown up to explain it to you. He didnt fkn say it.

He said: "It [winning the play-offs] wouldn't be out of the question because the most important thing is getting out of the division.

That says to me he thinks it's acceptable.

I'm sorry but it's not.

No it isn't.

You can argue semantics all you fucking want.

Did he say the word acceptable? No.

But his verbiage effectively said it was acceptable and that is unacceptable.

His comments don't need to be read behind, he said the most important thing was getting oh of the division.

If you want to look behind comments then you would look behind the use of the word acceptable and how loaded that is.

And for what it's worth, it really isn't semantics.

He is a total liability. Seems to think he is a great communicator just because he has a bunch of journos and media pals who lap up his every word. Nearly every interview he gives contains ridiculous statements. Please can we have a manager with some sense of dignity?

His comments don't need to be read behind, he said the most important thing was getting oh of the division.

If you want to look behind comments then you would look behind the use of the word acceptable and how loaded that is.

And for what it's worth, it really isn't semantics.

Yes, it really is.

He said: "It [winning the play-offs] wouldn't be out of the question because the most important thing is getting out of the division.

That says to me he thinks it's acceptable.

I'm sorry but it's not.

Do you not have enough actual things to complain about that he has actually said, done, or not done?

Yes, it really is.

If you were to look up lexical semantics you may find it is you that are indulging in it more than me.

There is a thread with a number of people criticising the guy for something that he didn't actually say. I am comfortable that it is reasonable to point this out.

Do you not have enough actual things to complain about that he has actually said, done, or not done?

Are you saying that if the playoffs were the route by which we could get back into the top division, Ally would not accept that route? Because anything other than that scenario, by definition, would be acceptable to him.

Are you saying that if the playoffs were the route by which we could get back into the top division, Ally would not accept that route? Because anything other than that scenario, by definition, would be acceptable to him.

No, I am not saying that... I am saying the things that I have said.

one thing certain people seem to be missing is that we are only 7 games into the season and the clown is already talking about the playoffs

even if he is asked the question, he should simply reply "we are targeting the title, we are only 6 points behind hearts with 3 games against them to play, plenty of points left to win and i aim to win each and every single game, we have played poorly so far but i aim to fix that starting against Livingston tomorrow"

a statement like that gives the air of confidence, installs confidence in your team and would likely give the fans a boost, he would still be a shocking manager but at least its an honest statement and gives the impression that he has some form of a fucking clue about our situation

instead he's slabbering on about the fucking playoffs, when going by our form we'd struggle in them

EDIT: he should not be the manager if he fails to WIN this league.

Relying on the play - offs , given it's cut throat nature against a top league side , may be a lot harder than winning this league when we should have a big advantage , over every other team , given our resources.