Ally hints that he couldn't manage another club

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did McCoist ever attend any of our games before St Johnstone? I find it hard to believe a Rangers fan would snub us for Sunderland.Maybe one of them will take him once he is out the door but then again maybe not.

No one will touch him.

He's nothing more than a cheeky chappy who tried far too hard to be loved by everyone. Should be in a TV studio telling pishy jokes.

Whilst Ally would find it hard to manage another club, he would have to drop to a fairly low level of football to find a club that would take him on.

If you were a club chairman, despite Allys excellent stats on paper, would you part with your own cash to land him?

I think the answer is NO but I could be wrong. :)

Whilst Ally would find it hard to manage another club, he would have to drop to a fairly low level of football to find a club that would take him on.

If you were a club chairman, despite Allys excellent stats on paper, would you part with your own cash to land him?

Well you would have to give him 10* the resources of all the clubs around him to even have a chance of being successful while also having half the teams being part time too.

20i7te0.jpg

RANGERS boss Ally McCoist has hinted he could never manage any other club.

McCoist eased the pressure on himself yesterday with a 1-0 victory over Livingston but his side still trail Championship leaders Hearts by six points.

The Gers gaffer has faced fierce criticism since his side lost 3-1 at home to Hibs last Monday.

He has repeatedly vowed not to quit and has now admitted he would find it difficult to work for any club other than Rangers.

When asked if he could see himself with another side, McCoist said: “I think anybody in this country knows where my allegiances lie. I’m 100 per cent with this club.

“I’ve been like that as a supporter, a player, a coach and a manager.

“For me, Rangers are the only club that exists anywhere, never mind in this country.

“I’ve spoken to a lot of people, top managers who have worked at the Old Firm, and every one of them has said that it’s a different job elsewhere. It’s easier to handle than here.”

Despite facing flak after the Hibs match, McCoist is adamant he hasn’t had to seek any assurances from Ibrox chief executive Graham Wallace about his position. He said: “I haven’t looked for it.

“I’ve spoken to Graham and we went through the game.

“I’ve spoken to him a few times but I didn’t look for assurances and he didn’t feel the need to give me them.”

McCoist also hit back at snipers who claim Gers should be sweeping away teams due to their budget.

He said: “If money was the answer Man City would win every game.

“As a player I never once went on a park and said: ‘I don’t fancy this today, he’s on £400 a week’.”

He can't even manage this team!