Reply from Livingston FC re complaint about programme

jintybear

Are you for real ???? you weren't in the stadium, you probably have never seen the Rangers, yet you come on here with your 4 fucking posts and state that we should all just ignore blatant attempts to blacken the name of our club and it's supporters. The comments were derogatory disgraceful and designed to enrage, They were made not against one individual, but against thousands of people, not a stupid wee wind up to be laughed off. There are people who fight to protect the good name of the club, and then there are people like you, total fucking clowns who don't see the damage comments like that make. All a joke, Lets all ignore it. And just to clarify, I couldn't give a flying fuck what Griffiths or that other manky bastard called someone, couldn't give a fuck if it was racial or not. I care not one jot. I mentioned the SFA clearly ignoring breaches of their rules because they happen to be against the team who's CEO sits on their professional board, or is that fucking lost on you aswell ? The Govern body of the football in this country should be dealing punishment out to clubs and individuals who fail to adhere to the rules, not ignore them, you do know that if it was a Rangers employee who had written that about Livingston, it would have been brought up as disrepute on the fucking Monday after the game. I would say you need to open your eye's but honestly, your not a supporter of this Club, never in a million years ...

To be honest, you just sound like a really angry guy. You're not actually thinking this through at all.

There are times where it's right to stand up for ourselves and make a fuss and there are times where doing so is harmful in the long run. This is one of the latter cases. We need to start being more careful about choosing our battles. This one is frankly embarrassing.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, you just sound like a really angry guy. You're not actually thinking this through at all.

There are times where it's right to stand up for ourselves and make a fuss and there are times where doing so is harmful in the long run. This is one of the latter cases. We need to start being more careful about choosing our battles. This one is frankly embarrassing.

LIke I said, you and Brussels are a perfect fit.

The only thing that is embarrassing in this topic is you, you're not worth debating with, as BT said, you're full of shit, political correctness shit, do me a favour and take it to fuck will you?

The apology is proof that it is not the views of the club, just one tosser, if you read the Livingston manager's welcome and the empathy for our club and fans it is complete opposite of what the other guy said. The programme editor shouldn't have allowed the offending article to go in the programme though.

How these lies and smears against our club don't make you angry says a lot more about you.

Fair enough, you don't think it's a big deal regarding what was written but most bears have had more than enough and this was an example of a club showing complete disrespect towards us. The bears can handle banter in the stands from opposition fans and give it straight back & more, but this was different and imo totally out of order.

The only thing that is embarrassing in this topic is you, you're not worth debating with, as BT said, you're full of shit, political correctness shit, do me a favour and take it to fuck will you?

Eh?

Saying racism is bad is "political correctness shit"?

You sound like a great guy...

How these lies and smears against our club don't make you angry says a lot more about you.

Fair enough, you don't think it's a big deal regarding what was written but most bears have had more than enough and this was an example of a club showing complete disrespect towards us. The bears can handle banter in the stands from opposition fans and give it straight back & more, but this was different and imo totally out of order.

This. I was absolutely raging when I read the programme comments! I pointed out in my original email to them that the programme should have been read by the CEO or someone of authority before going to print and certainly before being sold to anyone. I also pointed out it was factually incorrect and they should check with UEFA and the ASA and I finally reminded them of their financial struggles.

This. I was absolutely raging when I read the programme comments! I pointed out in my original email to them that the programme should have been read by the CEO or someone of authority before going to print and certainly before being sold to anyone. I also pointed out it was factually incorrect and they should check with UEFA and the ASA and I finally reminded them of their financial struggles.

Why were you raging?

I don't think refusing to waste energy on daft stuff like this makes me any less of a bear. I know other fans who agree with me, but the shouty bunch make the most noise.

STILL (third time asking now) nobody has explained how these comments damaged our club in any way, shape or form.

Why were you raging?

I don't think refusing to waste energy on daft stuff like this makes me any less of a bear. I know other fans who agree with me, but the shouty bunch make the most noise.

STILL (third time asking now) nobody has explained how these comments damaged our club in any way, shape or form.

I was raging because this is an official programme. People pay £5 for these and they are keepsakes. Also it's enough when the fans of other clubs go on about us not being Rangers any more, I expect that, but when an official "document" from the Club endorses it then it's just plain wrong.

I saw your comments about racial abuse. I certainly don't condone racial abuse, in fact I don't condone any abuse, and I feel this programme abused many Rangers fans who parted with hard earned cash to attend Almondvale on the day of that match. Many fans spent a lot of money to go to a club who clearly have no morals or standards.

I'm still angry that the programme was allowed to be sold to the fans. It was a disgrace and if you don't think there's anything wrong with it then unfortunately I would have to agree with others on here that you are not in fact a true Rangers fan.

I was raging because this is an official programme. People pay £5 for these and they are keepsakes. Also it's enough when the fans of other clubs go on about us not being Rangers any more, I expect that, but when an official "document" from the Club endorses it then it's just plain wrong.

I saw your comments about racial abuse. I certainly don't condone racial abuse, in fact I don't condone any abuse, and I feel this programme abused many Rangers fans who parted with hard earned cash to attend Almondvale on the day of that match. Many fans spent a lot of money to go to a club who clearly have no morals or standards.

I'm still angry that the programme was allowed to be sold to the fans. It was a disgrace and if you don't think there's anything wrong with it then unfortunately I would have to agree with others on here that you are not in fact a true Rangers fan.

Sadly for you, you don't get to make the call on what constitutes a true fan and what doesn't.

I always think fans that say that kind of thing are weird. Rangers have hundreds of thousands of fans. Are we all supposed to be of one mind on every subject? Sounds daft to me.

On this one, we're just not going to agree. I'd like to point out that you still haven't told me how our club was damaged by these remarks. For all the rage and snotters this subject has provoked, nobody has actually said what damage it did to our club.

The answer, of course, is that Livingston's diddy programme did not damage our club at all and we should all move on.

Sadly for you, you don't get to make the call on what constitutes a true fan and what doesn't.

I always think fans that say that kind of thing are weird. Rangers have hundreds of thousands of fans. Are we all supposed to be of one mind on every subject? Sounds daft to me.

On this one, we're just not going to agree. I'd like to point out that you still haven't told me how our club was damaged by these remarks. For all the rage and snotters this subject has provoked, nobody has actually said what damage it did to our club.

The answer, of course, is that Livingston's diddy programme did not damage our club at all and we should all move on.

My point is that Livingston FC mentally abused our fans and as a result not many fans will travel to Almondvale again thus meaning Rangers have lost their twelth man, therefore this damages the Club.

My point is that Livingston FC mentally abused our fans and as a result not many fans will travel to Almondvale again thus meaning Rangers have lost their twelth man, therefore this damages the Club.

Mentally abused our fans?

Are you nuts?

Do you know what 'mentally abused' means?

That's just utter guff!

Also, the explanation for how our club was harmed is up there with the most convoluted nonsense I've ever read. How often do you expect Rangers to play at Almondvale in the future? This whole thing has no effect on our club whatsoever. Getting so worked up (about Livingston FFS!) just makes us look daft.

We should be shrugging off this kind of thing and making it clear we do not care in the slightest what some small-time nutcase working on the Livingston programme thinks. Why should we care?

Mentally abused our fans?

Are you nuts?

Do you know what 'mentally abused' means?

That's just utter guff!

Also, the explanation for how our club was harmed is up there with the most convoluted nonsense I've ever read. How often do you expect Rangers to play at Almondvale in the future? This whole thing has no effect on our club whatsoever. Getting so worked up (about Livingston FFS!) just makes us look daft.

We should be shrugging off this kind of thing and making it clear we do not care in the slightest what some small-time nutcase working on the Livingston programme thinks. Why should we care?

We'll have to agree to disagree. Obviously you are really laid back to tg point where you allow your enemies to walk over you.

Just for the record I know only too well what mental abuse is and I wasn't compairing individual people who suffer at the hands of an individual abuser to the thousands of fans who felt outraged by the programme. It was more a metaphor.

Nobody's walking all over us. Nobody's doing anything to us. It was a few lines in a programme that hardly anybody would ever have read if we'd just shrugged.

Agree to disagree and all that.

It was more than a few lines and for the record the bheasts had it plastered all over Facebook before anyone on here had even complained about it.

I did say agree to disagree but being a woman I need the last word :lol:

Why were you raging?

It's common knowledge that the ongoing attacks against our club from a variety of sources has, and continues to damage the club. If a club is prepared to write lies it should not go unchallenged as it would only encourage others to follow suit

It's common knowledge that the ongoing attacks against our club from a variety of sources has, and continues to damage the club. If a club is prepared to write lies it should not go unchallenged as it would only encourage others to follow suit

I guess what he's looking for is how it damages the club.

I would have thought it was obvious. The cumulative effect of negative press and digs damages the brand which impacts on sponsors, share price etc. Left unchallenged does us no favours imo

I'd question if there is any clear impact on the brand or sponsorship from a Livingston Programme, the share price in itself doesn't affect the club, the contrary being closer to the truth, that the financial position of the company affects the share price. There may also be a Barbara Streisand effect in highlighting things like this, that is that all you do is show it to a wider audience who would otherwise have been oblivious to it.

Nobody's walking all over us. Nobody's doing anything to us. It was a few lines in a programme that hardly anybody would ever have read if we'd just shrugged.

Agree to disagree and all that.

It wasn't a "few lines", the whole programme was engineered around the lies.

I'm not sure why you are so vociferous over this, perhaps if we made more of an issue it would affect you...

I'd question if there is any clear impact on the brand or sponsorship from a Livingston Programme, the share price in itself doesn't affect the club, the contrary being closer to the truth, that the financial position of the company affects the share price. There may also be a Barbara Streisand effect in highlighting things like this, that is that all you do is show it to a wider audience who would otherwise have been oblivious to it.

I agree that this on it's own doesn't have an impact, but lies left unchecked may give others the same idea & the cumulative effect along with negative press at every opportunity is damaging the club

Mentally abused? I suspect we will find the strength to support our team another day!

:lol:

I'm sure you knew I was being pedantic and used the term as a metaphor!

In saying that my mental health is fragile with all the shit that's going on in the boardroom!