Reply from Livingston FC re complaint about programme

jintybear

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything like a programme going out to fans will be proof read by someone on the board or GM if they have one. Probably had a good chuckle over it not realising the reaction.

The apology may be genuine, but its not because they offended us. It's because of concern over possible financial repercussions.

Has the club heard back from the SFA regarding this issue? or will they simply put it in the forgotten about pile with the Griffiths racial chant, IRA political banners at Motherwell and the Aberdeen player that was racially abused ...

Has the club heard back from the SFA regarding this issue? or will they simply put it in the forgotten about pile with the Griffiths racial chant, IRA political banners at Motherwell and the Aberdeen player that was racially abused ...

Are you suggesting that a daft wee jibe in a match programme is an offence in the same category as racially abusing someone?

Time for a bit of perspective. It's only a match programme. Nobody died.

If we're going to get precious about this kind of thing from other clubs then we're going to spend our entire lives being angry. Let them say what they like. Who cares?

Yet another wee club who's been allowed to have a snide dig over the past couple of years.

We are continually told we should build bridges and move on yet we continue to have to deal with shite like this, any clubs found to make these comments should face disrepute charges.

Are you suggesting that a daft wee jibe in a match programme is an offence in the same category as racially abusing someone?

If we're going to get precious about this kind of thing from other clubs then we're going to spend our entire lives being angry. Let them say what they like. Who cares?

This attitude is up there with SOS in terms of benefit to Rangers

It's ok to disparage the club but not a person ?

Brussels ? it figures

For me it is ten times worse, those comments in that programme could have caused a riot, this is not a trivial matter, if the SFA was not led by our bitter rivals, then they would set an example, as the comments were a clear breach of the SFA's rules regarding member clubs conduct towards each other. They have brought the game into disrepute and should be punished.

Wow... "apology seems sincere"

You have be be having a fookin laugh... Wow, how very short some people's memories, how very limp some people's spines.

Scum will be scum. But as long as they say sorry for spitting in your face, that's all ok then....

Fucking sickening some of our attitudes

For me it is ten times worse, those comments in that programme could have caused a riot, this is not a trivial matter, if the SFA was not led by our bitter rivals, then they would set an example, as the comments were a clear breach of the SFA's rules regarding member clubs conduct towards each other. They have brought the game into disrepute and should be punished.

Sit down for a moment and think about what you just wrote.

You think daft stuff like this is "ten times worse" than racially abusing someone?

Words written in a programme "could have caused a riot"? What planet do you live on? A riot because of some daft snidey remarks in a programme?

You must be an awfully easy wee petal to upset. I think if you're going to support a football team you'll need to develop slightly thicker skin.

The comments in the programme were a daft wind-up. Anybody letting rubbish like that actually ruin their day needs to have a good word with their self.

You think daft stuff like this is "ten times worse" than racially abusing someone?

Words written in a programme "could have caused a riot"? What planet do you live on? A riot because of some daft snidey remarks in a programme?

You must be an awfully easy wee petal to upset. I think if you're going to support a football team you'll need to develop slightly thicker skin.

The comments in the programme were a daft wind-up. Anybody letting rubbish like that actually ruin their day needs to have a good word with their self.

The remarks were clearly inflammatory, and completely false. Why you appear compelled to tell us all to "leave it" and "it's not a big deal" is peculiar.

The remarks were clearly inflammatory, and completely false. Why you appear compelled to tell us all to "leave it" and "it's not a big deal" is peculiar.

It's not peculiar at all. Making such a big fuss is peculiar.

What effect did this match programme have on any area of your life? What damage did it do to the club?

It's the kind of thing certain people are always going to say and we just have to live with it. Making such a fuss makes us look like drama queens. I'd hate to see you cope with a real problem!

What effect did this match programme have on any area of your life? What damage did it do to the club?

It's the kind of thing certain people are always going to say and we just have to live with it. Making such a fuss makes us look like drama queens. I'd hate to see you cope with a real problem!

It's different to chant it from the stands or say it in the pub to producing it in written word.

If a paper said the same things would you ask us to ignore it too?

I think you are missing the point by a fucking mile ,this was an official programme produced by an SFA club not a photocopied fanzine by some bigoted clown. The fact they could let a bigoted clown produce and edit their matchday publication says more about them than us.

I think you are missing the point by a fucking mile ,this was an official programme produced by an SFA club not a photocopied fanzine by some bigoted clown. The fact they could let a bigoted clown produce and edit their matchday publication says more about them than us.

Exactly. So why go nuts about and give the guy the response he wanted?

Really. I just don't see why we should be bothered. What does it matter? What effect did this have on anything at all? It just makes us look silly when we over-react and it lessens the impact of us protesting about anything that is actually meaningful. People can turn round to us and say "well, you even got upset about a match programme that hardly anybody read, so why should we listen to you?".

Exactly. So why go nuts about and give the guy the response he wanted?

Really. I just don't see why we should be bothered. What does it matter? What effect did this have on anything at all? It just makes us look silly when we over-react and it lessens the impact of us protesting about anything that is actually meaningful. People can turn round to us and say "well, you even got upset about a match programme that hardly anybody read, so why should we listen to you?".

He wanted to resign?

He wanted to resign?

And what do we gain from his resignation?

It just makes us look like we'll moan about anything and it means we won't be taken seriously when we moan about something serious.

This is counter productive.

It's also just not a big deal. I've asked a couple of times how this programme article harmed the club. Nobody's explained that to me yet.

And what do we gain from his resignation?

It just makes us look like we'll moan about anything and it means we won't be taken seriously when we moan about something serious.

This is counter productive.

It's also just not a big deal. I've asked a couple of times how this programme article harmed the club. Nobody's explained that to me yet.

Well, if like you want we don't stand up to the lies people are willing to print about our club we will likely be seeing this more and more. Happy reading.

Well, if like you want we don't stand up to the lies people are willing to print about our club we will likely be seeing this more and more. Happy reading.

You still haven't told me how it harms the club. I'm arguing that it doesn't and this whole thing has been a waste of time and energy, as well as bringing us bad publicity by making us look like drama queens.

In what way do you think the club was harmed?

You still haven't told me how it harms the club. I'm arguing that it doesn't and this whole thing has been a waste of time and energy, as well as bringing us bad publicity by making us look like drama queens.

In what way do you think the club was harmed?

I understand where you're coming from, tbh.

That said, I think what people are really saying here is that the recognition by Livingston that Rangers is a not new club is important to them. Now whilst that in itself seems laughable considering how small Livingston are, I can understand fans wanting that kind of reference to be nipped in the bud, because they don't want it to be a regular occurrence that opposing teams refer to us that way. Why? Because the way we are generally recognised by others outside of the club is actually more important to us than we like to admit. 'No one likes us, we don't care'? I think we do.

We know we are the same club, but we want others to recognise it too, partly so that the malicious word of other Scottish football fans doesn't influence the view of those that don't know any better and partly because we simply want to be recognised by others within our country as the historical old club that we are.

Why do we care so much? I don't know. Maybe because people generally like to be recognised for what they do and have done. It seems to be important to people for their history, and their place in the world, to be recognised and understood by others, not just within football. I think this is a part of that.

I understand where you're coming from, tbh.

That said, I think what people are really saying here is that the recognition by Livingston that Rangers is a not new club is important to them. Now whilst that in itself seems laughable considering how small Livingston are, I can understand fans wanting that kind of reference to be nipped in the bud, because they don't want it to be a regular occurrence that opposing teams refer to us that way. Why? Because the way we are generally recognised by others outside of the club is actually more important to us than we like to admit. 'No one likes us, we don't care'? I think we do.

We know we are the same club, but we want others to recognise it too, partly so that the malicious word of other Scottish football fans doesn't influence the view of those that don't know any better and partly because we simply want to be recognised by others within our country as the historical old club that we are.

Why do we care so much? I don't know. Maybe because people generally like to be recognised for what they do and have done. It seems to be important to people for their history, and their place in the world, to be recognised and understood by others, not just within football. I think this is a part of that.

I get that aspect of it. But if people can't accept that we're going to have to put up with this rubbish forever, and I mean forever, then we're going to spend a lot of our time on ridiculous stuff like this.

It doesn't change anything. It makes us look weak when we get so upset by it. It's Livingston! Livingston!

We should be laughing this stuff off. And if we don't learn to then we're going to have huge problems going forward. It's not going to stop.

Wow... "apology seems sincere"

You have be be having a fookin laugh... Wow, how very short some people's memories, how very limp some people's spines.

Scum will be scum. But as long as they say sorry for spitting in your face, that's all ok then....

Fucking sickening some of our attitudes

I am not talking about what they did. The spitting in your face. I am talking about the livingston chairman's apology. Which part to you believe to be insincere? I've also not said they shouldnt be found guilty of disrepute charges, they should. But livingston cant affect that they can only deal with the prick that wrote it and apologise. And they have.

Are you for real ???? you weren't in the stadium, you probably have never seen the Rangers, yet you come on here with your 4 fucking posts and state that we should all just ignore blatant attempts to blacken the name of our club and it's supporters. The comments were derogatory disgraceful and designed to enrage, They were made not against one individual, but against thousands of people, not a stupid wee wind up to be laughed off. There are people who fight to protect the good name of the club, and then there are people like you, total fucking clowns who don't see the damage comments like that make. All a joke, Lets all ignore it. And just to clarify, I couldn't give a flying fuck what Griffiths or that other manky bastard called someone, couldn't give a fuck if it was racial or not. I care not one jot. I mentioned the SFA clearly ignoring breaches of their rules because they happen to be against the team who's CEO sits on their professional board, or is that fucking lost on you aswell ? The Govern body of the football in this country should be dealing punishment out to clubs and individuals who fail to adhere to the rules, not ignore them, you do know that if it was a Rangers employee who had written that about Livingston, it would have been brought up as disrepute on the fucking Monday after the game. I would say you need to open your eye's but honestly, your not a supporter of this Club, never in a million years ...