*****The Official Cowdenbeath v Rangers Thread*****

AlBear.

uggggghhh. I can sense these same old arguments coming.

Because we've got shitter players. It's Nicky Law, Ian Black, John Daly, an old Kenny Miller, Foster, so on. They're not the kinds of players that will be capable of consistently good football, whoever they play against. And it's going to be particularly tough against teams that largely defend deep in crap grounds with crap pitches and weird atmospheres.

Very rarely do teams from the top divisions, the nearest comparison we've got, play well in these circumstances. Even the mhanks have dropped down the divisions and struggles against the likes of Arbroath and Morton. So have Dundee U, Inverness, Motherwell and so on.

Now, I'm not saying we're good. I'm not even saying we shouldn't be better. All I'm saying is it doesn't warrant the continual girning and slating of the tactics and performance that we get even when we're winning 3-0. It's tiresome. Even with better players under Advocaat, Smith and McLeish we often struggled to play decent football in games down the leagues and won by small margins. It's clearly not that easy to play great football in these kinds of stodgy circumstances.

And that's completely apart from all of the distractions shooting about all over the place behind the scenes.

My point is, like you said, it can be better. That's all. I've not posted anything like this in ages. I just think we need to be careful if we want to get out of this League and nobody wants the small improvements that could be made now, to come back and bite us on the arse.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"To come here on a Tuesday night and get a 3-0 win is magnificent, this side have beaten Alloa which is something neither us nor Hearts have managed to do so I think it shows they’re a tough team to face.”

I dunno... Why is beating Alloa a measure of how good we are? doh

I wasn't able to see the game tonight but a 3-0 win does me perfectly.

Can someone tell me how we played and what the goals were like?

First goal was nice play right at the start of the game, Boyd slid in Law who finished it tidily. Second and Third were both counter attacks after good challenges by McGregor and Black in the middle of the park. One was a spectacular OG after a cross into the box while the other was a nice finish by Templeton late on.

Good start by us but played poorly in the first half, lucky to go in winning. Second half was better, crucial 3-0 victory.

But could have been better :pipe:

My point is, like you said, it can be better. That's all. I've not posted anything like this in ages. I just think we need to be careful if we want to get out of this League and nobody wants the small improvements that could be made now, to come back and bite us on the arse.

3-0 after 7 consecutive victories is a strange time to post it, then mate. Things are, atm, on the up. Lets give it till after Hearts and see where we are...

First goal was nice play right at the start of the game, Boyd slid in Law who finished it tidily. Second and Third were both counter attacks after good challenges by McGregor and Black in the middle of the park. One was a spectacular OG after a cross into the box while the other was a nice finish by Templeton late on.

Good start by us but played poorly in the first half, lucky to go in winning. Second half was better, crucial 3-0 victory.

But could have been better :pipe:

Cheers. (tu)

3-0 after 7 consecutive victories is a strange time to post it, then mate. Things are, atm, on the up. Lets give it till after Hearts and see where we are...

Not at all. It would be even weirder to post it after we lost, because I'm saying even though we're winning it could be better.

Why does McCoist persist in playing with no wingers? It infuriates me, we struggle to get a ball into the box and when we do, it's a fucking daisy cutter from that huddy Foster. Get Templeton starting ahead of Smith and get Airdy back in as soon as he's fit, drop one of either Black or Law and bring MacLeod inside to his favoured position. I'd also be giving Clark a shot up front with Miller as Boyd and Miller together are too slow and can't produce by feeding off the meagre scraps they are given. Why can Ally not see all this when 90% of the support can?

Still, another 3 points I guess, and closing on Hearts. We need a big performance at Tynecastle. I reckon a win there would shit them up and cause them to drop points in games after, as most of my mates are Jambos, and believe me, they think they're Real Madrid just now and will turn us over no problem at all

Why does McCoist persist in playing with no wingers? It infuriates me, we struggle to get a ball into the box and when we do, it's a fucking daisy cutter from that huddy Foster. Get Templeton starting ahead of Smith and get Airdy back in as soon as he's fit, drop one of either Black or Law and bring MacLeod inside to his favoured position. I'd also be giving Clark a shot up front with Miller as Boyd and Miller together are too slow and can't produce by feeding off the meagre scraps they are given. Why can Ally not see all this when 90% of the support can?

the problem ally has with temps is that every time he starts him, he is pish.

Just in from the game.Not a great performance, huge three points though. Was convinced it was Law that scored the first goal,even though the tannoy man and surrounding crowd disagreed!

What a surreal stadium. Weird.

Cheers to simplythebest for the ticket. He looks just like his photoshops :sherlock: