433 tomorrow

MacBoyd

It hasn't been happening, time to change formation. 433 with Miller through the middle and temps and Aird either side. Good pace and movement having a 3 man central midfield may give us better possession too. Thoughts?

I've been wanting this since the 3rd div. McKay-Miller-Templeton would be amazing. Aird to me is more central, he likes to cut in and shoot, but I think a front 3 would allow him to do this more so it would suit him aswell.

We'll play a 451 and Ally will tell us it is a 433. I wish I was joking too.

So, taking one guy's suggested formation, adding your own view on it and blaming Ally for saying that two formations he hasn't chosen for the game are interchangeable which he obviously hasn't because this whole thing is hypothetical? Cool.

I've been wanting this since the 3rd div. McKay-Miller-Templeton would be amazing. Aird to me is more central, he likes to cut in and shoot, but I think a front 3 would allow him to do this more so it would suit him aswell.

I still believe McKay on left, Aird on right and Temps beyond main striker. Macleod and law as central midfielders

We'll play a 451 and Ally will tell us it is a 433. I wish I was joking too.

nothing wrong with a 451 if the players support quickly from wide

442 is outdated and easy to defend against and is only played by ally so he can reminisce at his time alongside hateley and to fit in his summer aignings

Interesting what Van Gaal said about their game v Hull today.......

""We knew in advance they would probably come with five defenders and a full midfield," Van Gaal added. "So we trained to play the ball quick and we did that.

"When we come forward it has to be quick, and we did that against Hull much more than ever. I was very pleased and I told the players that at half-time and after the match too."

Imagine if Ally had taken this approach over the last couple of years

""We knew in advance they would probably come with five defenders and a full midfield," Van Gaal added. "So we trained to play the ball quick and we did that.

"When we come forward it has to be quick, and we did that against Hull much more than ever. I was very pleased and I told the players that at half-time and after the match too."

Louis Van Gaals last shite has got more managerial ability than McCoist.

I am sure if Ally had van Persie and Rooney and di Maria, we would have got the extra 6 points in league 1.

Our ex SPL players are comparable to them when playing against plumbers, milkmen and window cleaners

Yet we still opted for 1 up front

I do enjoy it here, when there is a thread about playing players out of position and we mention Man U players or other top class clubs, the immediate retort is to mock us for comparing our team to Man U, but fortunately it doesn't apply in reverse. Handy to know.

I do enjoy it here, when there is a thread about playing players out of position and we mention Man U players or other top class clubs, the immediate retort is to mock us for comparing our team to Man U, but fortunately it doesn't apply in reverse. Handy to know.

This is about tactics

We come up against defensive teams for two years and we play one up front with absolutely no width and hoof the long aimless ball incessantly

Van Gaal comes up against a defensive team, he plays with width and pace and rips them to pieces

That's the difference in managerial ability regardless of whether you are playing in the CL or the juniors

This is about tactics

We come up against defensive teams for two years and we play one up front with absolutely no width and hoof the long aimless ball incessantly

Van Gaal comes up against a defensive team, he plays with width and pace and rips them to pieces

That's the difference in managerial ability regardless of whether you are playing in the CL or the juniors

Hasn't van Gaal just recorded Uniteds worst start to a premier league season?

This is about tactics

Last season we won 33 games out of 36, the tactics whatever they may be worked, we scored over 100 goals. The fact is that there is nothing we could have done that would have been seen as anything other than a failure - pace and width would have got us 6 more points?

Ally and Van Gaal in the same post :mutley: