Bookie offers 2/1 on McCall as next manager

OlegKuznetsov

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope to fuck it isn't McCall, Butcher, McInnes or any of these ex players.

We need a young manager with fresh ideas and who plays passing and attacking football. I know I got shot down in the past for this but Eddie Howe or Karl Robinson would be my choice!

We need a young manager with fresh ideas and who plays passing and attacking football. I know I got shot down in the past for this but Eddie Howe or Karl Robinson would be my choice!

Anyone in a job is a non-starter , someone like curbishley would be my shout

We should have gone for Eddie Howe at the start of the Season, which would have been a coup then (we probably wouldn't have got him then too). But now it's just impossible.

I know Pullis is never happening, but I would see him as a Walter MK2. Hard to beat side but fairly ugly.

Right now the fans need a good product on the park, that's what most of us have craved for near enough a decade.

Can we stop the Eddie Howe nonsense. Remember he moved north and was homesick. He is suited to Bournemouth and possibly clubs nearby but he couldn't handle Rangers.

Put Miller in charge short term and open it up to applications. Sick of this job for the boys pish. We need someone with a fleshed out vision not a short term fix. The reality is if change doesn't happen soon then we will be facing another season in the championship

We need a young manager with fresh ideas and who plays passing and attacking football.

Totally agree, we have to get out of this mentality of choosing managers based of their past affiliation with the club.

Our club needs taken in a new direction both on and off the field, Ally has went with the same predictable, tired philosophy of bringing in ex players and older experienced players, and it has failed on all levels.

We need someone to come in with fresh ideas, an emphasis on youth and to utilise Murray Park to its maximum potential, revamping the youth and scouting systems and an overhaul of the entire coaching staff.

The names being mentioned, Davies, McCall, Butcher, McInnes, Pulis, none of these guys fit the profile. If Ashley is indeed running things at the club and his intentions are for the club to prosper domestically and in Europe further down the road then the new appointment has to be significant.

I think Mccall would do a job putting some fire back in and over a season or two rebuild a base and establish us back in the top division. At that point we might be in a place to taken over by someone who can take us to the level we expect to be at.

Might not be the best option, but short term he'd be miles ahead of anything we've got currently. We could easily get promoted with McCall, but is that what we want? we run the risk of repeating the same mistakes again by just ''aiming'' for promotion, I think the question we should be asking is whether or not McCall can completely re-write our set up, introduce a scouting network and utilse Murray Park to it's full potential.

With McCall, we'd be playing a darn sight better, but we are really only shifting deck chairs around the titanic (tu)

Totally agree, we have to get out of this mentality of choosing managers based of their past affiliation with the club.

Our club needs taken in a new direction both on and off the field, Ally has went with the same predictable, tired philosophy of bringing in ex players and older experienced players, and it has failed on all levels.

We need someone to come in with fresh ideas, an emphasis on youth and to utilise Murray Park to its maximum potential, revamping the youth and scouting systems and an overhaul of the entire coaching staff.

The names being mentioned, Davies, McCall, Butcher, McInnes, Pulis, none of these guys fit the profile. If Ashley is indeed running things at the club and his intentions are for the club to prosper domestically and in Europe further down the road then the new appointment has to be significant.

In the long term that's exactly what we need, but you aren't going to look to implement that sort of change in the middle of the season when you are in a scrap to get out of one of the worst professional leagues in European football, you are stuck with the players you have and you have no money to change anything else.

In the short term we need an experienced head who can organise these players, get them well drilled, hard to beat and get them believing in themselves again even if it's just until the Summer and we review it again then.

To compare it to situations we has been in before we need somebody to come in and do what Smith did in the second half of 2006-07, not what PLG tried to do in the first half of 2006-07.

McCall wouldn't be my first, second or third choice I don't think. Did reasonably well with Motherwell but was also responsible for some of the most embarrassing defeats in their history.

That doesn't mean he wouldn't be an improvement, I think we just need someone who will capture the imagination of the fans and give us some hope. He's not that person as far as I'm concerned.

Can we stop the Eddie Howe nonsense. Remember he moved north and was homesick. He is suited to Bournemouth and possibly clubs nearby but he couldn't handle Rangers.

Burnley didn't work out for him. I really don't think he got homesick. Just a good excuse at the time. He's a grown man fs.

would need to be a currently unemployed manager that came in and i would prefer to have someone not affiliated with the club from the past. I suspect some of Allys pals in the playing squad might be a bit difficult for a new manager but there's plenty seats on the bench for them to take up.

We need to plan for the future so 1st all get a manager until June and get us promoted. In all honesty I'd take Jim jefferies, he's the wake up call these lazy bastards need, get the ex Hamilton manager and offer him 2 positions, head of youth development and assistant manager. In the summer we go for Tim sherwood to work with billy reid. Obviously depends on investment but it's better than mcinnes et all

I wouldn't go.with anyone who has a past connection with the club, needs to someone neutral, there's too much of the old pals act going on, we need rid.of that

If they're the right person for the job having a past connection with the club should be completely irrelevant.