Julien Faubert

Totti_89

Glasgow Rangers:

Guaranteed european football.

Can pay the wages.

Newcastle:

Can pay the wages.

Play the inter-toto cup and hope for a place in the uefa cup.

West Ham:

Can pay the wages.

No european football.

Possibly fight another relegation battle.

Possibly could be playing in the championship via the verdict for fielding two illegal players.

In my biased opinion I would pick rangers from the others rumoured to have made bids, even if we fork out a few extra million ( e.g 6-8 mill ) we would still have a good player and if he did want a move to the prem, we could be looking at a healthy profit, especially if petrov can go for 7 mill.

I think it would be a good signing and/or a great investment.

West ham and NUFC both in the epl and can pay double the wages rangers can. He will go there.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They arn't going to offer him double what Rangers do though are they. He would no doubt become one of Rangers top earners but it doesnt mean he's going to get 60k a week in the english prem.

They arn't going to offer him double what Rangers do though are they. He would no doubt become one of Rangers top earners but it doesnt mean he's going to get 60k a week in the english prem.

This is true.

Just because they can doesn't mean they will

There is nothing on Sky which confirms all this.

You would think that if a paper ran it then Sky Sports news would have found something out by now.

Mind you the Star is about as reliable as the Sun.

long term neville replacement? or send him on loan to us :)

So he would be happy to go to them to sit on the bench for a few years ?

Anyone with any ambition would come to us. Guarenteed starting place, medals and treated like a hero by the fans. If he wants the money he can piss of to United.

Even if he came to us, we could flog him to United in a few years.

We need to match the bid first, of course...

Guest therabbitt

West Ham signed Lucas Neil in January and are paying him considerable wages, furthermore they have Benayoun for the right flank and are being linked to SWP...

Man U have Neville their club captain and Wes Brown for right back, and we wont mention their midfield options

Sounds like paper talk to me....

someone i know from another forum has just said there has been a press conference with Bordeaux and it turns out they were bluffing about a mystery team or something. unreliable source bear in mind.

West Ham signed Lucas Neil in January and are paying him considerable wages, furthermore they have Benayoun for the right flank and are being linked to SWP...

Man U have Neville their club captain and Wes Brown for right back, and we wont mention their midfield options

Sounds like paper talk to me....

Benayoun is off to Liverpool, I think.

This is from France, i translated an article, this is what was translated

Will Julien Faubert be able to leave Bordeaux to sign in Glasgow Rangers? If the club of Bordeaux seems to release ballast, there remains firm on the price of the transfer. Whereas Jean-Louis Triaud had affirmed a few days ago not to want to let leave Julien Faubert, the president of Bordeaux seems to want to release ballast. If the departure of Julien Faubert becomes possible, the asking price can prove to be prohibitory for certain clubs. For the moment it would seem that only Glasgow Rangers are laid out to pay the 10 million euros required by the club of Bordeaux. Walter Smith the coach of Rangers made of the French his priority of his recruitment. Even Jean-Claude Darcheville the former attacker and fellow-member of Bordeaux of Faubert plays the VRP of luxury for his new club. The West-Indian tries definitively to convince Faubert to join it and would make some in the same way with the Inhabitant of Saint-Etienne and old Of Bordeaux Feindouno. Other side in the entourage of the old Resident of Cannes one remains careful: "the Of Gironde ones do not stop changing opinion, blows a close relation of the file. Today, the club is said ready to separate some but it posts crippling tariffs. Julien wants really to know another thing but it is not gained "

Basically, it says we are the only club so far able to meet the 10 Million Euros that Bordeaux want, but the president doesnt want him to leave, also we may still be in the hunt for feindouno.

This type of transfer will never happened. Players like this are outwith our scope, simply too good. We can only bid for players that no other club is interested in otherwise we'll be outbid. End of story, hence why we've not signed anyone of REAL quality, believe it, slate me or not.

**It's like a stake through my heart too I assure you.**

This type of transfer will never happened. Players like this are outwith our scope, simply too good. We can only bid for players that no other club is interested in otherwise we'll be outbid. End of story, hence why we've not signed anyone of REAL quality, believe it, slate me or not.

**It's like a stake through my heart too I assure you.**

i'd agree we can't usually attract the quality, but i think Beasley is a real quality player, and we done well to get him.

RANGERS MAY not have lost out on signing target Julien Faubert if they had shown "more enthusiasm" in their negotiations to buy him, the president of Bordeaux said last night.

Faubert will complete a £6 million move to West Ham after the Premiership club made a late move which eclipsed Rangers' earlier bid of around £4.3m. Chief executive Martin Bain was told on Friday night that Bordeaux had accepted the higher offer and that Faubert, who had previously insisted he wanted to join only Rangers, had changed his mind. Rangers were prepared to increase their bid but could not come close to West Ham's.

Losing Faubert is a bitter blow to Rangers and their supporters' frustration over failing to land another target will not be helped by Bordeaux president Jean-Louis Triaud's suggestion that they lacked enthusiasm. "It is too late for Rangers," he told Sunday Herald. "They had their opportunity to do it sooner and faster. If they had shown more enthusiasm it might have been different.

advertisement"They were late and they talked too much but not directly with me. I have a lot of respect for Glasgow Rangers but they didn't make direct contact with me. The other club dealt directly with me. I can tell you that there is no chance of him signing for Glasgow Rangers. We have agreed a deal with another club and we are now finalising all the documents. I would think we will be able to announce something on Monday."

Faubert was willing to sign a four-year contract with Rangers and even refused to turn up at Bordeaux's training camp last week when the £4.3m bid was refused. But that changed on Friday when Triaud summoned him to a meeting and revealed he had the chance to join West Ham.

"It was substantially more than any cash on the table from Rangers and Julien was given an ultimatum by Bordeaux: West Ham or nowhere," said Faubert's agent, Philippe Sol. "They were no longer interested in talking with Rangers and after everything that went on with Julien last week there really wasn't a way back for him at Bordeaux.

"He wanted to go to Rangers and had given them his word. Everything he did last week was about moving to Rangers and he wasn't looking to line up a move anywhere else. But there is nothing he could do about the transfer fee and you can understand why Bordeaux wanted to accept the offer from West Ham."

sounds strange, we bid "4.3" for faubert, and bid "2 - 2.5" for mculloch, sense would be to take mculloch money and buy faubert. Younger, a positions needing filled, can sell on in future.....hmmm....tugh one eh walter?

sounds strange, we bid "4.3" for faubert, and bid "2 - 2.5" for mculloch, sense would be to take mculloch money and buy faubert. Younger, a positions needing filled, can sell on in future.....hmmm....tugh one eh walter?

exactly, with adam and beasley already in the left position, you could easily scrap mculloch and get both naismith and faubert, that way we have beasley/adam/naismith/gow who can play on the left aswell as gow/naismith as cover for up front or behind the strikers, and faubert/burke/naismith for the right aswell