Brutally Honest.

Clemdog

We had scouts when Walter Smith was in charge, and when Ally first took over. That was ripped up when Charles Green dumped the individuals and didn't replace them.

As we saw with the promising younger players we had, those with any future left when we newco-ed.

We are where we are right now because we have not been able to invest in the infrastructure either through lack of funds or negligence. We did however manage to invest in jumbo screens.

Ally managed to 'invest' 21M in players (sic) wages over three years, but hey we won two pub leagues.

Being brutally honest it's not beyond possibility that it will get a lot more brutal this season. Even if we do make the play offs the whole season turns on a few games against sides we have struggled against this season then - if good enough - a game against whoever in the top league who will be scrapping for top league survival. Nothing, absolutely nothing I have seen this season from our team and from its management indicates any realistic prospect of the play offs being successful for us. Who could maybe turn it round? The only realistic candidate I can think of would be Walter Smith. Someone who knows most of these players - knows what is needed - knows how to motivate them and (I suspect) knows the importance of these games for Rangers better than most

By the time play offs come round the EGM will be well behind us and unless there are fresh ructions and fresh financial crises you'd hope the attention was pretty much solely on the football. (Though I suppose fresh ructions are always possible if the Club is burning more than £1m per month) . And with the main attention turning back to football we have the media lapping up story after story of the catastrophic failings of the side and its managers this season and undermining what little confidence remains among the players. Interview after interview about how its all come to this - a gamble on the last few games, and what happens if the gamble fails etc. Point is the external pressure on whoever is managing and on the players will become white-hot. And that will be on top of the internal pressure of demands from the Support for delivery in the form of winning promotion. Nothing I've seen from the team and its manager indicates to me they are even remotely capable of handling that and winning out. IMO it would take a very experienced and very strong manager to even begin to give us a fighting chance.

If the new Board takes no immediate action to install a capable and experienced manager then we will all know next week that they are prepared to write this season off other than for an outside bet that somehow McD and this lazy slovenly confidence-bereft team can somehow pull off the most astounding of transformations and somehow win promotion. This team may or may not be capable of holding its own in the top flight - but it sure as hell is proving it is not capable of winning promotion to the top flight. They are fighting tomorrows battles when the battles that needed to be fought were the 'today' battles to win promotion.

If the Board installs a replacement manager with no real successful experience of managing clubs in this sort of dog-fight must win situation but is clearly brought in to build for the future then it also indicates the new Board is prepared to write off this season and take it from there with an outside hope that over the few remaining games he somehow creates enough of a transformation to somehow win promotion but he's not sacked if it doesn't happen.

It could get a lot more brutal but imo that depends on what the new Board does about installing proper and effective football leadership, management and coaching and how quickly it does it. If doing nothing - or nothing effective - is an option they are going to pursue then 'brutal' might well be the outcome. A lot hangs on what a new Board will actually do other than celebrating a win and taking up their nice comfy seats at Ibrox to watch the brutality they now preside over unfold.

Being brutally honest it's not beyond possibility that it will get a lot more brutal this season. Even if we do make the play offs the whole season turns on a few games against sides we have struggled against this season then - if good enough - a game against whoever in the top league who will be scrapping for top league survival. Nothing, absolutely nothing I have seen this season from our team and from its management indicates any realistic prospect of the play offs being successful for us. Who could maybe turn it round? The only realistic candidate I can think of would be Walter Smith. Someone who knows most of these players - knows what is needed - knows how to motivate them and (I suspect) knows the importance of these games for Rangers better than most

By the time play offs come round the EGM will be well behind us and unless there are fresh ructions and fresh financial crises you'd hope the attention was pretty much solely on the football. (Though I suppose fresh ructions are always possible if the Club is burning more than £1m per month) . And with the main attention turning back to football we have the media lapping up story after story of the catastrophic failings of the side and its managers this season and undermining what little confidence remains among the players. Interview after interview about how its all come to this - a gamble on the last few games, and what happens if the gamble fails etc. Point is the external pressure on whoever is managing and on the players will become white-hot. And that will be on top of the internal pressure of demands from the Support for delivery in the form of winning promotion. Nothing I've seen from the team and its manager indicates to me they are even remotely capable of handling that and winning out. IMO it would take a very experienced and very strong manager to even begin to give us a fighting chance.

If the new Board takes no immediate action to install a capable and experienced manager then we will all know next week that they are prepared to write this season off other than for an outside bet that somehow McD and this lazy slovenly confidence-bereft team can somehow pull off the most astounding of transformations and somehow win promotion. This team may or may not be capable of holding its own in the top flight - but it sure as hell is proving it is not capable of winning promotion to the top flight. They are fighting tomorrows battles when the battles that needed to be fought were the 'today' battles to win promotion.

If the Board installs a replacement manager with no real successful experience of managing clubs in this sort of dog-fight must win situation but is clearly brought in to build for the future then it also indicates the new Board is prepared to write off this season and take it from there with an outside hope that over the few remaining games he somehow creates enough of a transformation to somehow win promotion but he's not sacked if it doesn't happen.

It could get a lot more brutal but imo that depends on what the new Board does about installing proper and effective football leadership, management and coaching and how quickly it does it. If doing nothing - or nothing effective - is an option they are going to pursue then 'brutal' might well be the outcome. A lot hangs on what a new Board will actually do other than celebrating a win and taking up their nice comfy seats at Ibrox to watch the brutality they now preside over unfold.

This is some post and I believe the fact That there is a boardroom battleship has screwed our whole football side of things up.

McCoist has become involved in it and after Malmo Marribor games he should have been removed by the old board, but no they were all pals and stuck together and the club was ruined then.

We need Football managers and Coaches not so called Rangers Men who hung about under the old board.

Football has bbeen neglected for 3 years at our Club and now it has shown.

This is some post and I believe the fact That there is a boardroom battleship has screwed our whole football side of things up.

McCoist has become involved in it and after Malmo Marribor games he should have been removed by the old board, but no they were all pals and stuck together and the club was ruined then.

We need Football managers and Coaches not so called Rangers Men who hung about under the old board.

Football has bbeen neglected for 3 years at our Club and now it has shown.

There's no need to rewrite history, that was CW doing.

The truth is that we may make the play offs but this group of players have shown nothing to instil confidence that they can win the play offs. We are in the middle of a slump with no one who appears to know how to stop it.

I think we will be in the Championship next season. But, with a new manager who knows what he is doing, we can quickly rebuild a good football team(Hearts/Hivs have done it). 13 contracts are up at the end of this season and these people can be replaced for cheaper and better quality player by a manager who knows how to run a team properly. I don’t hold to the position that if we stay in the Championship the fans will not turn up. I expect an increase in fans being excited if we have the right man in place and the team producing good football, with a wait till we get back attitude coming out. The new manager and his ability will be the maker or breaker for the next 3 years; not the board.