Rangers Legend?

RFC72RFC

I'm Interested in finding out who you believe to be the biggest Rangers legend?

Of course there's loa to choose from.

John Greig, Bill Struth, Walter Smith, The Gallant Pioneers, Ally McCoist, Sandy Jardine etc.

I'm 1992 and my vote would go to Sandy Jardine.

What do you base your view of him being the biggest legend on?

His playing career and/or his total service to the club? Just interested as guys our age didnt see him in his heyday.

IMHO there isn't really one, you could look at different eras, different roles and pick out so many pros and cons for those that so.ew will put forward.

We have been blessed with some huge figures at our club and hopefully we will see quite a few more.

Sorry to be so negative but in the current climate it's hard to see us ever having another legend because anyone capable of achieving legendary status in this day and age would be snapped up by the English leagues. The best we can ever hope for is a top player on the way down or a young guy with loads of talent who may stay a few years before moving to a top league like Mcloud ,but the Coopers, Gazzas and laudrups are a thing of the past imo.

Sorry to be so negative but in the current climate it's hard to see us ever having another legend because anyone capable of achieving legendary status in this day and age would be snapped up by the English leagues. The best we can ever hope for is a top player on the way down or a young guy with loads of talent who may stay a few years before moving to a top league like Mcloud ,but the Coopers, Gazzas and laudrups are a thing of the past imo.

Very easy to understand your views on that particular point mate however I will keep believing.....

There always seems to be a natural cycle within football and although we may not go back to the very top we should never just accept our place in football, being Rangers means aiming to be the best.

What do you base your view of him being the biggest legend on?

His playing career and/or his total service to the club? Just interested as guys our age didnt see him in his heyday.

The fact Jardine played a pivotal role in one of our greatest ever achievements winning the Cup Winners Cup, along with his longstanding career at Rangers from 65' to 82 is just huge. Then comes his part in standing up for us in our time of need, until the day I die I will never forget Sandy marching with us to Hampden.

The fact he spent his last precious years fighting for the team he loved will always stay with me.