Big Joshua

GOAT

I'm impressed with Joshue. His physicality speaks for itself so it's more his physique and punch selection I'm impressed with.

Given Joshue was such a late starter, 18 i think before he laced a pair of gloves, i have my cynicism as to how far he can go. How many exampls in any sport can you find true top-level success from such a late starter?

Didn't Bernard Hopkins take up boxing in jail? Sonny Liston too. Hopkins was 18 or 19, I think.

If you're going to do it, heavyweight is the division to do it in, where physical gifts outweigh the need for finely honed technique. Especially in a relatively weak era.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm impressed with Joshua. His physicality speaks for itself so it's more his physique and punch selection I'm impressed with.

Given Joshue was such a late starter, 18 i think before he laced a pair of gloves, i have my cynicism as to how far he can go. How many exampls in any sport can you find true top-level success from such a late starter?

The Johnston fight doesn't interest me at all, may as well watch videos of Joshua hit a heavy bag on Youtube. Would much prefer to see how he handles someone like Chisora who's on a downward spiral. Del Boy is durable and at his best beat Helenius and gave Vitali some problems and certainly brings more to the table than Kingpin. A fight against Price would be fireworks though. David Price is in limbo a bit at the moment, he's avoided by a lot of guys because he's probably the biggest puncher in the world, but he's cautious himself of being overmatched since he has no stamina and no chin.

Johnson will still be interesting

Went 12 rounds with both Fury and Klitschko

I don't mean interesting in terms of who will win, but if Joshua can put him down.

Yeah I know what you mean mate

KJ from my knowledge has never been put down before so will be interesting to see if AJ can do it

Watched most of his fights and also attended an event. Early to judge but is making it look so easy at the moment. Gavern went more rounds with Wilder before his title fight than Joshua did on Saturday.

One thing I don't like is that's the 3rd or 4th fight I've saw him hit after the bell or when an opponents went down.

Watched most of his fights and also attended an event. Early to judge but is making it look so easy at the moment. Gavern went more rounds with Wilder before his title fight than Joshua did on Saturday.

One thing I don't like is that's the 3rd or 4th fight I've saw him hit after the bell or when an opponents went down.

He'll get the shock of his life if he gets DQed against some 45 year-old journeyman and loses his undefeated record.

He'll get the shock of his life if he gets DQed against some 45 year-old journeyman and loses his undefeated record.

absolutely no chance of that happening the UK. The guy who's meant to win gets well beyond simply any benefit to the point where it's without doubt corrupt. About a year ago I watched 'the guy who's meant to win', in this instance, Frank Buglioni, get his arse handed to him by an Eastern European journeyman. Big Frank was totally out of it and the ref was so reluctant to wave it off he actually turned round to ask Frank's corner what they wanted him to do. Who could forget big Terry O'Conner physically carry Cleverly back to his stool at the bell after Kovalev knocked him silly? Joshua could KO a guy with his stool and probably get away with a warning.

absolutely no chance of that happening the UK. The guy who's meant to win gets well beyond simply any benefit to the point where it's without doubt corrupt. About a year ago I watched 'the guy who's meant to win', in this instance, Frank Buglioni, get his arse handed to him by an Eastern European journeyman. Big Frank was totally out of it and the ref was so reluctant to wave it off he actually turned round to ask Frank's corner what they wanted him to do. Who could forget big Terry O'Conner physically carry Cleverly back to his stool at the bell after Kovalev knocked him silly? Joshua could KO a guy with his stool and probably get away with a warning.

Spot on mate I also watched this. Think it was Buglioni VS Sergey Khomitsky. Buglioni was completely out of it. Same eastern European handed out a brutal KO last week to unbeated Adam Etches on Sky Sports.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d_2RpM5pcA

Back to topic, I think it will be a massive statement if AJ can KO Kevin Johnson as he has so far never been stopped, going 12 rounds with Vitali Klitschko, Tyson Fury and Chisora. It's a good opponent for Joshua as a KO win puts him in a great position, as well as Johnson could potentially take him the distance. Joshua has never went past 3 or 4 rounds so far.

Think AJ is going to fight may 2nd also

Turning out to be a good card on the 30th

Selby & Mitchell fighting for workd titles.

Kell brook possibly added to the card ,against Rios or Gavin

Anthony Joshua v Johnson

I agree with you.

I think Joshua is looking increasingly like the real deal.

He has all the right ingredients to be a top Heavyweight.

1) He is a huge guy. Both tall and muscular

2) He is naturally athletic

3) His attitude is pretty much spot on

4) He seems to have a killer instinct to go with the power

5) His footwork is good for his size

6) He is technically good as a silver medal at the Worlds, and Olympic gold prove. He achieved these medals despite limited amateur experience.

7) He always seems calm and composed in the ring.

Any top trainer in the world would love to have Joshua to work with. If he will fulfill the early promise remains to be seen, but if he stays grounded and makes the right career moves.... he could, and perhaps should, inherit the Klitschko throne.

Johnson will be a good test for him, as well, Johnson is pretty slick on the defence (although awful on the offence). Scoring a stoppage over him would be a statement.

Agree with all that also

My worry for him is the amount of little Injuries he's picking up right now.

Seems to always have something.

Not sure if its the strength & conditioning he's doing, just a guess.

It might catch up on him later in his career

Agree with all that also

My worry for him is the amount of little Injuries he's picking up right now.

Seems to always have something.

Not sure if its the strength & conditioning he's doing, just a guess.

It might catch up on him later in his career

Is it not more a case of him fighting every couple of months therefore his training is always pretty intense throughout the year? Going to increase chance of injury

It's not like it will be with the top boxers who fight twice a year so won't be training anywhere near as intensely for the 12 months.

Quite surprised by that. Wlad is fucking massive too, obviously.

There's a few pics of them together:

1408538995679_wps_2_image_jpeg.jpg

Klitchko's size is deceptive because he's so athletic & well proportioned. Funny part about Wladimir is that he isn't even the biggest Klitchko.

• 5 months later...