Billy Boys Legality?

GTMLivo

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I'm not a Rangers fan 'like you'.

I'm a Rangers fan like my old man was and his old man was. Rangers were my local team and will always be my team. It makes me sick to see some people happy to drag our club through the mud.

I'm hardly alone. Most of my Rangers mates find this stuff embarrassing too. This is the 21st century.

your father a bawbag anaw then aye?

What SWS says in public and in private are totally different :matron:

Be that as it may, but we are talking about a public figure saying something in a public forum. It was during a press conference and as such that has to be taken as his official stance on the matter until such time as he publicly States something contrary to that. I see no mention of the Davie Cooper comment. It's was widely known that he had no truck with it so does that mean he is not a Rangers man? He did publicly state that he played for the team he loved.

Earlier on in this thread it was mentioned about the law. TBB is in the eyes of the law illegal. If you sing it and get caught and lifted you could face jail time. That is your choice and you have to live with the fact you are criminalised for siniging a song. It's madness but it is the law and until that law is changed then you do the crime you risk doing the time. Whether you agree with it or not. The club can be puinished for us singing it, the argument about the club never being pulled up for it is hollow as it can be done. If 40000 sing it at a game you can be singled out and lifted, don't think because it doesn't happen that it can't. 4 months in the pokey might seem a bit extreme but I personally don't fancy that. And as someone else said try telling the judge you were joining in because some other bad men were singing it and see how that is accepted.

An analagy could be the smoking ban. Everyone used to smoke indoors and in public places. Now the modern attitiude to it is illegal (as well as dangerous to health etc..) You now never see anyone smoking indoors in pubs. Singing our songs is soon going to be like smoking.

What SWS says in public and in private are totally different :matron:

Be that as it may, but we are talking about a public figure saying something in a public forum. It was during a press conference and as such that has to be taken as his official stance on the matter until such time as he publicly States something contrary to that. I see no mention of the Davie Cooper comment. It's was widely known that he had no truck with it so does that mean he is not a Rangers man? He did publicly state that he played for the team he loved.

Ian Ferguson sings it, is he a bad man or worse a Ned dinosaur to quote BiB

Interesting that I've never argued it that way before. Pray tell, why would I want to avoid hurting the feelings of people who've tried to kill my family members?

Wut, ISIS have went after yr family members?

So are ye gonna elaborate on these isis guys who've tried to kill yer family?

They have. Part of the risk of doing private security in Iraq.

Nae luck its a dodgy job but highly paid for the risk,thanks for the answer.

If we sang about hating isis but scots law decided it was offensive to muslims would that be enough of a reason to stop?

I shoulda been clearer earlier,you don't post like you care about offending tims or anycunt for that matter.

Nae luck its a dodgy job but highly paid for the risk,thanks for the answer.

If we sang about hating isis but scots law decided it was offensive to muslims would that be enough of a reason to stop?

I shoulda been clearer earlier,you don't post like you care about offending tims or anycunt for that matter.

If it put me at risk of landing in the pokey and fucking up things I've worked hard to get then I wouldn't sing it. My career, my personal life and my freedom are much more important to me than shouting about fenians (whether you mean Irish rebels, roman catholics or celtic fans) at a football match.

There are plenty laws in existence I disagree with completely. I don't simply ignore them though as it's me who has to deal with the consequences. I smoke weed and disagree with the drug laws in this country 100%. I don't wander about smoking joints in public to show my utter contempt. Instead I actively work to change it. Writing to my MP, MSP, attend rallies, sign petitions. Smoking a joint in the street won't change the law and neither will singing about fenians at football games.