Cricket

7 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

India probably won't want to bat too long. Cook, Hameed, and Root are a top order that could potentially bat out a significant duration of the match.

Thought that with the first innings then Cook gets done by a brilliant ball from Shami. Root gets Hameed run out then Root throws his wicket away. All of a sudden 3 or 4 down as Duckett looks like he doesn't fancy these conditions. 

I would like to see Hameed stick around for a bit. Get used to these conditions. I'm not watching it but seen the score. 112 balls to get to 18 runs! Blockfest I take it?

I've never been to any of the clubs. Not played since I was in high school. 

15 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

Has anyone been to local clubs for a game ?  

We usually do a day out over at west of Scotland , great club and very welcoming. 

Never actually played the game, outside of fucking about once or twice with mates. 

Didn't do it at my school and I've always found the idea of starting as an adult quite awkward.

19 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

England's only chance of saving the match disappeared when Cook got given out. 

Root's capable of hanging around most of tomorrow, but I just don't see who sticks around with him long enough to matter.

Moeen or Bairstow are capable. Duckett will be out inside the first half hour. Stokes isn't really known for being a defensive batsman.

10 hours ago, kplfishtank said:

Has anyone been to local clubs for a game ?  

We usually do a day out over at west of Scotland , great club and very welcoming. 

This could be something to put in the diary for over the summer..RM Cricket lovers meet..??..

I wish we had the chance to play it at school..I actually have a bat pads and helmet..But like Creampuff said I am probably too old to try and play the game now..45 next Sunday..

Mind you I could always look for a local Club when I move down to the Nottingham/Derbyshire area next year..would be lovely to spend my Sundays pretending to be a Glesga Ian Botham...:uk::thumbup:

As far as the India v England game goes..Whilst I hope they can bat all day and scrape a draw it won't happen...

37 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

This could be something to put in the diary for over the summer..RM Cricket lovers meet..??..

I wish we had the chance to play it at school..I actually have a bat pads and helmet..But like Creampuff said I am probably too old to try and play the game now..45 next Sunday..

Mind you I could always look for a local Club when I move down to the Nottingham/Derbyshire area next year..would be lovely to spend my Sundays pretending to be a Glesga Ian Botham...:uk::thumbup:

As far as the India v England game goes..Whilst I hope they can bat all day and scrape a draw it won't happen...

Scotland really missed out on cricket. Sitting all day having a bevvy in the sunshine watching the game. What more could you want? :lol:

I went to school in England and Germany for a while as I had family in the Army. That's the last time I played it. That was 12 years ago tho! Would love to play it again but like it was mentioned in an earlier post it would be a bit awkward starting to play as an adult. 

1 hour ago, LiviGer said:

Moeen or Bairstow are capable. Duckett will be out inside the first half hour. Stokes isn't really known for being a defensive batsman.

I don't doubt that Moeen is a capable batsman, I just don't think he's capable of the sort of innings that England will need. 

I'm still baffled that England picked Ansari over Woakes tbh. He'd have done more with the ball and been far more useful with the bat.

2 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

I don't doubt that Moeen is a capable batsman, I just don't think he's capable of the sort of innings that England will need. 

I'm still baffled that England picked Ansari over Woakes tbh. He'd have done more with the ball and been far more useful with the bat.

Every time the pressure goes on Moeen he seems to turn it on! I would like to think out of Root, Bairstow and Moeen they could put up a bit of a fight. Not staying the will see out the day but would be disappointed to see another collapse. 

I think it's just down to the fact he's a spinner. Englands line up on paper should be more than capable without Woakes. I feel for him a bit because he's never going to replace Jimmy, Broad or Stokes unless either of them are injured. Suppose the solution would be to trust Root to bowl more in these conditions. 

Caught a bit this morning. Seen Bayliss' interview after the game. Sounds like Buttler will be coming in for Duckett in the next test. Said Woakes could be playing in the next test. I think Broad will be rested in the next test. He could hardly walk never mind bowl by the end of this match.