Cricket

9 minutes ago, LiviGer said:

Can't believe Morgan and Hales have turned down the Bangladesh trip. Possibly Hales jumping before he was pushed in the test side?

I wouldn't like to give the 2 of them a hard time, It is a personal decision that they took their time and probably agonised over. Both are replaceable however and might never see the team again..  

2 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

I wouldn't like to give the 2 of them a hard time, It is a personal decision that they took their time and probably agonised over. Both are replaceable however and might never see the team again..  

I kind of get that but will they declare themselves unavailable for the India series when the threat is virtually the same? Hales in the ODI/T20 side is difficult to replace, hes not a test opener. Morgan has been out of touch for a while. Put Bairstow in there purely as a batsman, Buttler with the gloves and its solved. 

2 hours ago, LiviGer said:

Can't believe Morgan and Hales have turned down the Bangladesh trip. Possibly Hales jumping before he was pushed in the test side?

1 hour ago, TEFTONG said:

1 hour ago, LiviGer said:

I kind of get that but will they declare themselves unavailable for the India series when the threat is virtually the same? Hales in the ODI/T20 side is difficult to replace, hes not a test opener. Morgan has been out of touch for a while. Put Bairstow in there purely as a batsman, Buttler with the gloves and its solved. 

I agree with TEFTONG to an extent, but Morgan threw in the fact a bomb went off whilst he was playing in the IPL a few years ago as part of the reason why he has refused to tour - Morgan has subsequently played in IPL tournaments in later years and no doubt, he will be making himself available for the IPL next year and the test series in India. 

Hales is taking a massive risk with his career.

4 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I agree with TEFTONG to an extent, but Morgan threw in the fact a bomb went off whilst he was playing in the IPL a few years ago as part of the reason why he has refused to tour - Morgan has subsequently played in IPL tournaments in later years and no doubt, he will be making himself available for the IPL next year and the test series in India. 

Hales is taking a massive risk with his career.

With the cash the IPL throw at players there is no real surprised he didn't turn it down. Is Bangladesh more vulnerable to attack than London? 

Agree with you on Hales, especially with his test career. 

6 hours ago, Creampuff said:

I can't believe they're taking Batty :lol: 

Totally going backwards. Surely there is someone at county level they could take and develop! Will be interesting to see if the hameed gamble pays off. Disappointed to see ballance go. No better than Vince who has been left behind. 

• 1 month later...

This has been a very interesting Test match in Chittagong. Some poor shot selections and some terrific bowling..Especially from the 18 year old Bangladesh lad.

Looking like the GINGERS of Stokes and Bairstow are going to rescue the England Team here, Plus the fact the Bangladeshi's just don't have the necessary experience to chase down a lead of anything over 230 or so..Which if I haven't jinxed it..England should be getting here..160 in front..5 wickets in hand..Bairstow and Stokes looking good..

1 minute ago, ben51 said:

Kevin Pietersen :power_of_anguish: can't stand him! Don't mind Swann and Vaughan. Wonder how long it will take KP to talk about how he should still be playing for England?