Cricket

1 hour ago, kplfishtank said:

Was there any reason why this test is in Perth? 

Normally perth is the test before Christmas, hope they don't do this for ashes or I will miss Perth and have to do Adelaide or Brisbane 

They are playing Pakistan in Brisbane in the test before Xmas this year. Possibly to do with the day/night tests? Can only certain stadiums have them?

9 hours ago, LiviGer said:

They are playing Pakistan in Brisbane in the test before Xmas this year. Possibly to do with the day/night tests? Can only certain stadiums have them?

I text my mate in Sydney. He said it's because they are playing two series this summer in Australia. 

Also they reckon one ashes in Adelaide will be day night 

41 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

I text my mate in Sydney. He said it's because they are playing two series this summer in Australia. 

Also they reckon one ashes in Adelaide will be day night 

Makes sense. 

I'm a fan of the day night tests. Think something has to be done to get the crowds back. 

11 minutes ago, LiviGer said:

Makes sense. 

I'm a fan of the day night tests. Think something has to be done to get the crowds back. 

Not been to one but would be up for it if it happened. Adelaide is meant to be best venue of the lot for ashes match and if they made that day night I would change my plans. Plus I know a bear who has a box at that ground :D 

14 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

Not been to one but would be up for it if it happened. Adelaide is meant to be best venue of the lot for ashes match and if they made that day night I would change my plans. Plus I know a bear who has a box at that ground :D 

No brainer then mate :cheers:

1 hour ago, kplfishtank said:

Decent start from England till last over before lunch. 

102/3 

cook should have reviewed but didn't lol. 

Young lad looked decent enough for his knock. 

Working from home today so will be putting it on shortly 

On 11/7/2016 at 9:54 PM, LiviGer said:

Any replacements in for Dale Styne for SA?

All they need is Kagiso Rabada. Monster. What a talent.

3 minutes ago, LiviGer said:

Anyone see the Root wicket?! Bowler was lucky to get away with that one!

Hahaha, yeah, bizarre from Yadav. Very lucky to get away with that. Root and Ali have batted really well.

7 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

All they need is Kagiso Rabada. Monster. What a talent.

Hahaha, yeah, bizarre from Yadav. Very lucky to get away with that. Root and Ali have batted really well.

He is an unbelievable talent. Bowls at a cracking pace. 

I agree with Nassar Hussain. In slow motion he looks in control but in real time he doesn't. Could tell from his reaction when he tried to catch it again. I want to see Ali go on and get a ton here. If England can get to 320 for 4 or 5 by close they will be very happy. 

Edit: 320 is maybe a bit ambitions. 300 and they will be happy!

44 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

Decent start by us. Hope Moeen can go on and get his ton and add to it. 

Fee others chip in with a score and take game away from India. 

Every chance of that happening. Looks like India are a seamer down. Shami was really struggling. 

7 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

509-8 and Stokes still at the crease on 122..Place looks deserted..All good for England in this 1st Test then..I do however see India being able to score an equally huge total...

England are now in a position that they can't lose. Every chance that India will make it difficult for England to take 20 wickets.

Pitch looks relatively flat tbh. Bit odd from the Indians this - after the Bangladesh series I'd have been prepping spinning pitches from day 1. 

Looks like India have taken the approach that they back themselves to beat England on a flat track. Hasn't worked too well for them.