Cricket

50 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....................

Borefest but England's priority here has to be to bat until the game cannot be won by Pakistan. The magic 300 number will do that. They need another 100 here, I think. Tomorrow, they can then have a go at Pakistan. 

Scoreboard pressure is the only thing that's going to win this game for England though. Pitch isn't upto much. 

18 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Borefest but England's priority here has to be to bat until the game cannot be won by Pakistan. The magic 300 number will do that. They need another 100 here, I think. Tomorrow, they can then have a go at Pakistan. 

Scoreboard pressure is the only thing that's going to win this game for England though. Pitch isn't upto much. 

You're right mate but the boredom threshold is lower after a few pints:)

4 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Pakistan in a good position, but again they've not really taken advantage of the position they had.

Tomorrow morning should be good for batting, so a three figure lead well within their reach. 

They had a good lead the last test, screwed it up.

10 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Overall if Pakistan win this a drawn series would be a fair result,I haven't seen much of this test but a poor session on Thursday looks like it cost England the game and one poor session here and there seems to have cost both teams in this series.

A pretty fair analysis of the series. Not much between these 2 teams - a drawn series for Pakistan would be excellent in England after all the question marks over our batting ability etc

Plus if we draw the series and Sri Lanka beat Aus in their test we go number 1 in the world!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, psb07158 said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/37158544

NUMBER ONE TEST TEAM IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is THE sporting story of the last decade. Unbelievable. What an achievement.

For a team that haven't played a home test in what, 6 years? Massive achievement. 

Reckon it'll be short lived, but that doesn't take anything from it.

1 hour ago, Creampuff said:

For a team that haven't played a home test in what, 6 years? Massive achievement. 

Reckon it'll be short lived, but that doesn't take anything from it.

Should be able to maintain until November I think. We've got the Windies in the UAE next month and judging by the way they've played Indian spin on home soil...they're going to struggle massively in the UAE. 

After that it's a very tough tour of NZ and Aus. Excited!

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Should be able to maintain until November I think. We've got the Windies in the UAE next month and judging by the way they've played Indian spin on home soil...they're going to struggle massively in the UAE.

After that it's a very tough tour of NZ and Aus. Excited!

Yeah plus the likes of Younus, Misbah, and Azhar have excellent records in UAE.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, LiviGer said:

Looking forward to the ODI today, Tuesday's was special!

Pakistan haven't look a fraction of the team they are in test matches during the one day series. 

Pakistan are 9th in ODI rankings. The ODI team is dreadful. Stuck in the 90s whilst everyone else has moved on to "modern" cricket with power hitting and tons of variations in bowling. 

The test team is completely different to the ODI team!

13 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Pakistan are 9th in ODI rankings. The ODI team is dreadful. Stuck in the 90s whilst everyone else has moved on to "modern" cricket with power hitting and tons of variations in bowling. 

The test team is completely different to the ODI team!

Could be in trouble to make the ICC Champions Trophy next year. England got to be considered one of the favorites for that on home turf.

1 minute ago, LiviGer said:

Could be in trouble to make the ICC Champions Trophy next year. England got to be considered one of the favorites for that on home turf.

Nah, incredibly we qualified for that because we were 8th by the time of the cut-off last September. 

Embarrassingly though, if we're still in 9th place by the end of Sept this year, we'll have to go through the qualifying rounds for the world cup with all the minnows of the world - Netherlands, UAE, Namibia etc. Outrageous.

Completely forgot about this thread. Been enjoying ODI series some excellent batting from England. Have to say though the standard of the Pakistani fielding is nothing short of diabolical. If my team fielded like that we would be going absolutely mental at each other

19 hours ago, CF2 WINNIE said:

Completely forgot about this thread. Been enjoying ODI series some excellent batting from England. Have to say though the standard of the Pakistani fielding is nothing short of diabolical. If my team fielded like that we would be going absolutely mental at each other

Dreadful, eh? Has been the case my whole life watching Pakistan but the difference in the 90s and 00s was we used to win IRRESPECTIVE of awful fielding because we had some unbelievable match winners in the team.

Sadly, this team doesn't.

On ‎03‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 8:36 AM, psb07158 said:

Dreadful, eh? Has been the case my whole life watching Pakistan but the difference in the 90s and 00s was we used to win IRRESPECTIVE of awful fielding because we had some unbelievable match winners in the team.

Sadly, this team doesn't.

There is an OK Pakistan side there not great but not a poor team by a long way as they showed yesterday. In modern cricket fielding is so much more important with powerplays etc good fielding can take 30/40 runs every innings and vice versa shite fielding gives away needless runs