Play Off Format; Cash Cow For Spfl?

The more I look at it, the current play off format appears just to be a cash generator for the corrupt cabal within the SPFL, with scum fc currently taking the lions share, together with a format that greatly advantages the SPFL team.

The current format yields a total of twelve games. A tidy monetary sum of which half goes to the SPFL. Then, if the Championship 3rd or 4th team makes it to the final, they will have played a total of 6 games. A tall order at the end of a long hard season. Imagine playing 6 games and not making it? Heartbreaking!

The 2nd placed Championship team play 4 games if they make to the final and the SPFL team, with just 2 games.

All weighted towards the SPFL team gaining the advantage, having to play only the two games, but at the same time, fleecing the Championship teams of their much needed cash to the benefit of the trough guzzlers.

I would suggest along the lines of the English play off system, with all our play off teams playing 3 games each. Over two legs in the first round and the winners in a one off final at Hampden ie.

SPFL team plays one of the Championship teams. (Maybe as part of a draw, or based on League placings)

The remaining two Championship teams play each other

Winners over two legs play each other in final at Hampden.

I would say the proposal is more equitable and would be more exciting as a spectacle, without disadvantaging the 3rd and 4th placed Championship teams with 6 gruelling games if they get to the last round and fleecing their teams/supporters of six games worth of cash, particularly if they got beat in the last round.

Bottom line, rid ourselves of the current unfair and corrupt play off set up, but we all know theft and bullying are the foundations of this corrupt cabal.

It's only really deemed a 'cash cow' because we are contributing to it this year, otherwise it would normally be a pittance coming from diddy teams and their diddy crowds.

Let's hope we go up this year and we can look forward to taking a share of Hibs money next year. (tu)

We've known the set up since the start of the season - dry yer eyes

Mismanagement at our club is the problem this season not the structure of the playoffs

This season? Are you having a laugh?

What about the board who sold to Whyte? DCK on the board no less.

Then Whiyte's board, with one self same DCK on his board.

Dry yer ain eyes, if you can see past your agenda!

Let us hope a theme is not developing!

Obviously the mismanagement had gone on much longer but we were winning the leagues I was referring to being unable to win the league meaning we are involved in the playoffs at all.

Its only a big money spinner because we are there, the format was agreed before the season started and now we are moaning because we're involved, thats pish!

You need yer hole

I must admit, maybe it's unusual for us to be involved in the play-offs, but I can't really see the reason that the organisation that set them up takes so big a %. I know they'll claim it's for the betterment of the Scottish game, but I still don't think such a pittance is going to do much to improve the shitey set up they've created.

The only sensible new thing they've done in the last restructuring is to introduce the pyramid system. That more than anything should improve the game, but they could have done with reducing the amount of teams in the top leagues, over a period of years, that would have made the whole thing much more manageable.

It wouldnt be so bad if the money was going to the SPFL for the betterment if the game.

It is immoral that it is divvied up with the bigger teams getting the lions share. They should not be profiting from lower league teams.