Scottish Football Doesn't Deserve More Cash,insists Bbc Boss

I suspect that Scottish viewers make up about 10% of Sky Subscribers therefore Scottish football should get £500 million over 3 years.

Yet it's the English product they're mostly watching so it doesn't quite follow that the money should go to Scottish football that no one is interested in for the most part. 2 separate products each with a value and it doesn't really matter who is paying.

Or alternatively, you could just phone them up and tell them. They won't need to send anyone else out to hassle you and you won't need to sneak aboot like James Bond in yer ain hoose.

That doesn't work. Even if you tell them you don't need one they still check in on you from time to time. The best thing to do is just don't tell them a thing. All letters are sent to 'The occupier'. Once you give them your name they can then try to take things further with you.

It is if they pay more than they think they should.

If the SPFL don't like the deal with the BBC, the solution is simple.

Don't do the deal.

No point in complaining about something you've fully agreed and signed up to.

I agree with not doing the deal. What I meant is a deal where we receive what Scottish licence payers put in isn't "playing sugar daddy", in my opinion.

It has absolutely nothing to do with "deserved".

This isn't SKY Sports, where if you don't like their business model you can just cancel your subscription, the BBC have a legally enforceable fee that has to be paid in order to fund them, and with that fee they have put a monetary value on the amount they are paying towards football per head. So, if the EPL is worth £204M per head, then Scottish football should be worth around £20M. Now some may laugh, but as I've said they put a monetary values on fees per head, and at 10% of the population of England then that is around our slice of the pie.

At the end of the day it is going to take someone with serious balls in Scottish football to come out and take this mob to court.

absolute bollocks, no matter how much the BBC pay for Scottish Football the majority of licence payers wont watch it. Is it fare that the majority of licence payers should see a cut in other areas to fund millionaires?

Its quite simple, BBC have the contract because the bid the highest price. If Scottish Football is not happy with the price paid by the highest bidder they are free to go elsewhere