Lucky Stars

I very much doubt it's a fix. If you were going to fix it, that's not the way you would do it if you wanted to avoid suspicion.

It's either a very poorly mixed batch, or a genuine statistical miracle! :pipe:

Sadly not. Ours were in the 163s. :(

Mine were 166s.

Had a feeling for ages that not all ticket stubs are entered. Seems 3 winning tickets within a range of abouy 100 all too often.

My genuine feeling is only tickets from certain areas of the ground are entered each week. Deliberately spread the winners around the stadium type thing.

Gonna keep an eye on this next season.

#Luckystarsgate

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even given perfect mixing, drawing 3 numbers that are within 10 of each other is every bit as likely as any other combination of numbers.

It is easy to see why it raises a few eyebrows (people struggle with the concept of chance), but you are absolutely correct. And yet some people win the lottery using "special" numbers and don't bat an eyelid at the fact that their "special" numbers all came up! The exact same concept of chance is at play.

It is easy to see why it raises a few eyebrows (people struggle with the concept of chance), but you are absolutely correct. And yet some people win the lottery using "special" numbers and don't bat an eyelid at the fact that their "special" numbers all came up! The exact same concept of chance is at play.

Lottery sees all the balls go into the tumbola.

Lucky stars we trust this happens.

Maybe it was a fluke. Maybe a poor mix of tickets.

But when 3 tickets out of a range of 4 are selected, out of I'd suspect several thousand tickets 'entered' into the draw I'm dubious.

Especially given ive noticed ( buy weekly so I pay attention to this) how often previously the range between winning tickets is low which suggests they have been bought from the same vendor.

I dont think winners are preselected, but something isnt right.

Lottery sees all the balls go into the tumbola.

Lucky stars we trust this happens.

Maybe it was a fluke. Maybe a poor mix of tickets.

But when 3 tickets out of a range of 4 are selected, out of I'd suspect several thousand tickets 'entered' into the draw I'm dubious.

Especially given ive noticed ( buy weekly so I pay attention to this) how often previously the range between winning tickets is low which suggests they have been bought from the same vendor.

I dont think winners are preselected, but something isnt right.

I know what you mean about the range of the numbers, I have noted that in the past. I honestly put that down to the lack of tickets sold. As to there possibly being something amiss, I would really hope that is not the case.

I disagree.

Only once in the last 10 draws have all 3 been within the same thousand.

http://www.rangerslotto.co.uk/?page_id=92&starsId=all

I disagree.

Only once in the last 10 draws have all 3 been within the same thousand.

http://www.rangerslotto.co.uk/?page_id=92&starsId=all

Plenty where 2 have been close enough this season though from looking back those draws.

I get that you trust in it given your substantial purchases GB.

I now dont and, especially after yesterday, wont buy another which is a shame.

Plenty where 2 have been close enough this season though from looking back those draws.

You should mebey email them and let them know your concern?

It's like roulette, the table has no memory, neither does the tombola, it doesn't know that 2 numbers are close to each other, it's just 3 random bits of paper,the chances of any one coming out are the same.

The winner v Hearts in Aug won over 4k. Her ticket was selected from over 4k tickets. Yesterday's crowd was similar, and the prize / tickets sold likely also to similar.

3 tickets from a range of 4 were selected out of those thousands.

Significantly longer odds than the lottery or a roulette table. Those odds lessen the fewer tickets entered.

HUGE ????s from me.

Each to their own though.

While it's not a scientific measurement, I tend to trust my gut feeling on people, and Colin and the girls who run the draw just don't strike me as the type.

The winner v Hearts in Aug won over 4k. Her ticket was selected from over 4k tickets. Yesterday's crowd was similar, and the prize / tickets sold likely also to similar.

3 tickets from a range of 4 were selected out of those thousands.

Significantly longer odds than the lottery or a roulette table. Those odds lessen the fewer tickets entered.

HUGE ????s from me.

Each to their own though.

Whatever 3 numbers are drawn the odds of that happening are the same. It's likely tickets sold out yesterday which means there were 6000.

1 in 6000

1 in 5999

1 in 5998

Thr chance of any ticket being drawn in the second pick doesn't change just because a ticket number near it was drawn first time.

I realise it looks strange to the human mind that adds significance to how close the numbers are but the probability of it happening is the same as the probability of any other 3 tickets being drawn.

I only mentioned roulette because it offers a similar concept that people fail to comprehend when a particular colour comes out ten times in a row for example.

Less chance of it being a conspiracy than those 3 tickets coming out

As much chance as those 3 tickets coming out as any other 3. You can't just spit the dummy because you don't win.

I've never won the lottery, I'm pure ragin man. Must be a fix :lol:

As much chance as those 3 tickets coming out as any other 3. You can't just spit the dummy because you don't win.

I've never won the lottery, I'm pure ragin man. Must be a fix :lol:

Its hardly spitting the dummy. Ive been doing it all season.

The odds of 3 within a range of 4 out of 4k are high. Given they even came out in order is even longer odds.

I'm willing to consider that these were the last tickets put into the drum which was then unshaken prior to the girl selecting the top tickets.

Thats the best case scenario. An honest mistake in procedure.

But a freak it wasn't. Even the compere had to do a double check and seemed bemused by it.

GB works regularly with them and doubts there is anything more sinister. He's maybe right.

But I'm out as far as putting cash into a venture that I'm not sure my ticket enters a draw and which produces a result like that.

But I'm out as far as putting cash into a venture that I'm not sure my ticket enters a draw and which produces a result like that.

Now's probably not a good time to tell you that RDF will be launching their Summer Raffle soon. :(

Mind, there's always Ibrox Bricks. :D

If I were going to fix it, I would be smart enough to avoid such a mathematically improbable sequence. So would you. So would they.

Maybe it was an unrotated drum.

Normally ex players have a good stir around.

Yesterday if I recall it was staff doing the draw.

Maybe she didnt root around, maybe she just took from the one area.

But it sure as hell wasnt 06 08 & 09 in running order randomly picked out of 4 k tickets rotated round a drum.

Of that I'm sure.

Maybe it was an unrotated drum.

Normally ex players have a good stir around.

Yesterday if I recall it was staff doing the draw.

Maybe she didnt root around, maybe she just took from the one area.

But it sure as hell wasnt 06 08 & 09 in running order randomly picked out of 4 k tickets rotated round a drum.

Of that I'm sure.

That's what I think. At worst, an error.

They made another error yesterday...

I ordered 20 tickets, but when I opened the envelope at half time there were only 10 tickets.

This morning, I got an email advising that their ticket returns were £20 out, and that they had eventually traced them to me and would be refunding me the £20. (tu)

Since I still trust them :P , I told them to just give us 10 tickets for the Hibs Draw. (tu)