Are We Expecting Money To Be Spent On Attackers/creativity?

OzGers

I can'tbelieve all the pessimists have started already fffs some of our support are like spoiled weans. Do you honestly think Warburton came to us without agreed garunteed budgets? Do you think him and Weir are daft? They have known they were getting the job for some time and will have done their homework on all the players left in our squad. As for money King said at his latest press conference that there was no limit on the budget not no budget, he added that the manager would get what he needed financially. Is that not enough for you guys? I take it you would prefer him standing at the front doors with a big cheque for £20m telling everycint to double their price Rangers are coming with a bottomless pit. I wonder if any of you were here before David Murray? I doubt it.

Well in the case King has played us all for idiots

I don't mean this in a bad way, but basically fans are idiots because we have to trust those in charge. King will put heehaw in this year apart from more loans, and if successful this year and full houses guaranteed for the future then he will not need to put much money in and guaranteed payback for any loans given for players( don't forget it's a seven year plan ) and the debt is mounting , that's why they have put their hopes in the Warburton factor of youth opposed to spending stupid money on average players with no sell on value. Time will tell.

We are behind in the process. We need 2 midfielders and 2 forwards as a minimum. Time was lost getting MW in, and time has passed by an important deadline of having players in for pre season.

There is no disputing that a player brought it then would be up to speed sooner than if we bring him in now or before the window shuts.

His fitness, gelling with team mates, learning of tactics etc would be further ahead. So Imo we have lost ground.

That said I'm not too fussed by the cost of the players we do eventually bring in, I agree with the player having to be the right person and providing value before im bothered by the price tag.

My over riding concern is being ready for the season kick off, and not losing ground early on.

I think with the current squad we are at risk of this happening and even new additions now or pre kick off wont have had the time to bed in properly.

Its a hard act getting the right person for the right price asap. But its not anything we've not known about.

Important weeks ahead.

Yeah we truly have been spoiled this last 3 years eh?

I will refer you what King said before he gained control .

Not saying I'm not excited like many others .Just not getting carried away like many others

They have to do better and much more or we will be back here again next season with the same stuff

Yes they knew along with everyone else and they also knew they had to get a management team in before signing anyone.

Panic stations already, calm down guys no doubt we will see a couple more bodies in next week.

And they will have been thought out and also will slot into a role in the field

The days of Rangers spending for success are long over. The revenue generated is not there to sustain it. We are going to be a development club, bringing youth players through to the first team and this is what Warburton and Weir were brought in to do. While I do expect Scott Allan and Lewis Mcleod to be added don't expect anything more than that. Templeton and McKay are going to have to a, set the heather on fire and b, change their shocking attitudes if they are going to have any future at Ibrox.

GerSandy .Fair point but as many have said .Warburton knew he was getting the job well before .There could have been many players targeted well before now .

Not nearly enough as been done up to this point

At least 4 others are needed . 1 goalie ,poss 2 creative midds ,1 out and out striker

I'm not too worried. If I'm going to have a bit of faith and trust in the new manager and give him a bit of time, that starts now not at some point in the future. I'm going to trust that he knows what he's doing. After all, most of the signs (in terms of philosophy, attitude in interviews and bringing in young players for the youth team to develop) have been good.

We have to remember the championship isnt a great standard at all and the best team in it are now no longer there.

Ok we dont have as many numbers as we would like but we have sorted our main weakness from last season and that was at the back. We have a centre back pairing who are miles better than what they replaced and thats a solid starting point.

Guys like Murdoch and Walsh showed last season they have something about them and they can only improve at this level.

Players will come in, we know that but they need to be the right ones who can improve our starting 11 so we need to be patient and trust the management team know what they are doing.

We have to remember the championship isnt a great standard at all and the best team in it are now no longer there.

Ok we dont have as many numbers as we would like but we have sorted our main weakness from last season and that was at the back. We have a centre back pairing who are miles better than what they replaced and thats a solid starting point.

Guys like Murdoch and Walsh showed last season they have something about them and they can only improve at this level.

Players will come in, we know that but they need to be the right ones who can improve our starting 11 so we need to be patient and trust the management team know what they are doing.

Our squad numbers are not as bad as some perceive.

There were criticisms of how bloated the squad was before, yes we have released 11/12 but we still have a first team squad of 16. Then you add on the youth players who have played or been in and around the first team squad it takes us to 21/22. Then you have dozens of young players on pro youth contracts, who MW will be casting a serious, discerning eye over.

Not complete by any means but hardly a need to panic.

We need a couple of strikers and a creative midfielder. I think there's a fair chance we will spend a couple million overall if we need to. Macleod, May, Allan and plenty we haven't heard of yet must be strong candidates. I'll wait and see, have faith in the manager

I just want some signings. I'm not bothered if they're 'unknown', if they're unknown to us, they're unknown to the opposition. Truly, how many of us had any great knowledge of Vudick before he arrived, so unknowns can quickly become known.

Just sign someone MW. You must have an idea of good, promising youngsters that would relish the chance to play for Rangers.

It's true the window is still open for a while yet, but we start playing for real in about 3 weeks time. Maybe part of the signing policy is to only go for sticky players, so they can gel right away, in an instant, at the drop of a hat........

It just seems to me we could be doing with a few more bodies in during this important pre-training period.