Kenny Miller

Dan Deacon

Can't see him starting many games tbh, might be way off, I see him as an experienced option off the bench under Warburton.

Energy and work rate are big components of a MW team, Kenny tries still but he doesn't have the legs for that type of game as a lone striker.

Always been a fan of Miller but his time is up as most of his game is based on speed and energy. When time catches up with your legs you need to rely more on your first touch and unfortunately, like Clarke ,Kennys first touch is far from the best.

He seemed to spend an awful lot of time getting annoyed at his fellow team mates, and talking about them as well, but when he got his chances, he missed more than he scored. He is a trier, but we need someone that can be more clinical in taking their opportunities, I'm not sure he can do that so well these days.

Miller's strength was always his speed, that side of his game has gone to a great extent these days.

I think you are going to have to rely on the likes of him because I am in doubt that there will be many signings forthcoming, ko is only a couple of weeks away and that's not enough time for any team to gel so maybe they are going to rely on his 'experience' to hold others together. Then it's make it up as we go along filling positions as needed. That looks like the reality of it. It's all about cash, or lack of !

I agree that Miller doesn't have the legs he used to but then as every player gets older they don't have the legs they used to.What worries me is people talking about "a lone striker role" surely we should be talking about a two man strike force at least never mind "lone striker" shit. Hardly attacking football playing with a lone striker don't know where this has come from but im hoping we set out with at least two up front backed up by someone on both wings preferably and a goal scoring midfielder.Thats what id like to see and think most Rangers fans who have watched the shit dished out over the past few years would like to see the same.Who makes up this attacking set up I don't know but im sure MW must have an idea what he wants.Whether that includes Miller we will have to wait and see.

I think you are going to have to rely on the likes of him because I am in doubt that there will be many signings forthcoming, ko is only a couple of weeks away and that's not enough time for any team to gel so maybe they are going to rely on his 'experience' to hold others together. Then it's make it up as we go along filling positions as needed. That looks like the reality of it. It's all about cash, or lack of !

Or...it gives the likes of Hardie, Gallagher, Stoney etc the opportunities to affect the first team.

Or...it gives the likes of Hardie, Gallagher, Stoney etc the opportunities to affect the first team.

They'll need to affect it quick then, hopefully they'll make an impression but in reality more signings needed ! We've had a few false dawns with youngsters the last three seasons, that and managerial mishaps, but please that not a lead to after you know who, not on the 12th!

They'll need to affect it quick then, hopefully they'll make an impression but in reality more signings needed ! We've had a few false dawns with youngsters the last three seasons, that and managerial mishaps, but please that not a lead to after you know who, not on the 12th!

People have been calling for youth to be given responsibilities for the last 3 years, well this season they will most certainly get the opportunities.

I do think MW will bring in a CF, likely on loan from down south IMO, but we've all wanted pathways left open for the youth to progress. We can't complain now when that is our philosophy and priority. Let's see how they go before we right them off.

People have been calling for youth to be given responsibilities for the last 3 years, well this season they will most certainly get the opportunities.

I do think MW will bring in a CF, likely on loan from down south IMO, but we've all wanted pathways left open for the youth to progress. We can't complain now when that is our philosophy and priority. Let's see how they go before we right them off.

We can't afford to gamble on youth to take us anywhere this season, the youth culture should have been introduced three years ago when it could have been nurtured comfortably over the period. I'm all for it but we need to go up and should but this will be another struggle you can see it coming !

We can't afford to gamble on youth to take us anywhere this season, the youth culture should have been introduced three years ago when it could have been nurtured comfortably over the period. I'm all for it but we need to go up and should but this will be another struggle you can see it coming !

That's a whole different argument. In Div 3 and League 1 we had hardened SPL pros getting kicked to fuck by painters and decorators. Imagine what they'd have done to a team of teenagers...but that is gone. No point dwelling on it IMO.

Whether we like it or not youth will be the basis of our squad this season and the foreseeable future, time people got used to that fact.

As is the way with youth they will be inconsistent in general, we have to accept that and trust MW knows how to manage that, because as you say not going up is not an option. Youth also brings an unknown element, that leads to excitement for the fans. Hence why so many of our youths have been spoken so highly of by fans for the last 3 years.

Personally looking forward to relying on our young, hungry players as the mercenary route was an abject failure.

That's a whole different argument. In Div 3 and League 1 we had hardened SPL pros getting kicked to fuck by painters and decorators. Imagine what they'd have done to a team of teenagers...but that is gone. No point dwelling on it IMO.

Whether we like it or not youth will be the basis of our squad this season and the foreseeable future, time people got used to that fact.

As is the way with youth they will be inconsistent in general, we have to accept that and trust MW knows how to manage that, because as you say not going up is not an option. Youth also brings an unknown element, that leads to excitement for the fans. Hence why so many of our youths have been spoken so highly of by fans for the last 3 years.

Personally looking forward to relying on our young, hungry players as the mercenary route was an abject failure.

People wil get used to fuck awe if we are gettin beat or drawin every other week, people better get used to the fact that signings will be demanded and heads will roll if this turns out tits up !

People wil get used to fuck awe if we are gettin beat or drawin every other week, people better get used to the fact that signings will be demanded and heads will roll if this turns out tits up !

MW career at Rangers will live or die by his decisions. That's a fact.

I'm willing to give him the time to apply his philosophies on the squad and won't be chanting Warburton Oot on here after our first draw or loss. Hopefully most Rangers fans feel the same.

Appointing Warburton is a long term strategy rather than another quick fix.

I'm optimistic for the season, some peoples constant panic before our first game is tedious as fuck to me.

A mercenary route led by a man you backed to the hilt, even when the failure was obvious.

You seem to have learned nothing from that.

I agree that Miller doesn't have the legs he used to but then as every player gets older they don't have the legs they used to.What worries me is people talking about "a lone striker role" surely we should be talking about a two man strike force at least never mind "lone striker" shit. Hardly attacking football playing with a lone striker don't know where this has come from but im hoping we set out with at least two up front backed up by someone on both wings preferably and a goal scoring midfielder.Thats what id like to see and think most Rangers fans who have watched the shit dished out over the past few years would like to see the same.Who makes up this attacking set up I don't know but im sure MW must have an idea what he wants.Whether that includes Miller we will have to wait and see.

If you've been paying attention to football in the past ten years you'll be able to see lots of attacking lone striker formations. One main striker leading the line with 3 attacking midfielders/wingers playing off him is an attacking formation. It's really more of a 4-3-3 formation anyway, with the two wide players doubling up as forwards when in possession. From what I can tell of Warburton at Brentford this is his preferred formation.

I don't think Kenny Miller has much left to offer though. Maybe as an option off the bench, but I can't see him being a big part of the first team this season. I think it could be a very big year for Ryan Hardie and Calum Gallagher. Would be surprised if we didn't sign a striker though. Will trust MW to do what he thinks is best for the team regardless.

MW career at Rangers will live or die by his decisions. That's a fact.

I'm willing to give him the time to apply his philosophies on the squad and won't be chanting Warburton Oot on here after our first draw or loss. Hopefully most Rangers fans feel the same.

Appointing Warburton is a long term strategy rather than another quick fix.

I'm optimistic for the season, some peoples constant panic before our first game is tedious as fuck to me.

The manager will get his chance and with DW at his side hopefully will pull it off, lack of established signings might be a problem though!

Am the same, people that confuse panic with reality do tend to get as tedious as fuck !

The manager will get his chance and with DW at his side hopefully will pull it off, lack of established signings might be a problem though!

Am the same, people that confuse panic with reality do tend to get as tedious as fuck !

We've signed the championship winners last years captain, an English Championship CB and GK. Two youths, one being a youth international. We have had another half a dozen or so on trial and will likely add at least two of them to the squad in the next week or so. How much more established are you wanting? How many more are you wanting? We will be using our youth more, whether that is successful or not only time will tell, but it's happening so constant threads about signing more and more and more players is pointless.

I'm just a glass half full guy in general.